Captain Oates

Interesting Ways To Die...

From a pair of new shoes

He looks like he must have been tickled pink with his new shoes.

PCattrellMEN_228x348.jpg

• Like 1

i had this thought while at a theme park a few weeks ago. To stand on route of Nemisis just as it comes out of the loop at full speed. Whats interesting is that i doubt it would make much mess as the water all around the said ride is red anyway. Things i think about while in a hour and a half que waiting for a 30 second ride

It's good to see that amidst all the namby-pamby Westernisation of Russian culture, there are still those who adhere to the old traditions:

"Drunk man accidentally kills himself with grenade"

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=284806

I can't say that whenever Mrs H and I have been for a romantic meal at a local restaurant, I have ever been on the way out of the door and suddenly thought, "hang on, hadn't I better take a grenade, just in case..."

Stompin' Tom Connors is a bit of a Canadian legend, by all accounts, but yes, his ex-guitarist is a very minor rock star indeed.

However, the article did contain the almost unnecessary detail that...

Det. Sgt. Murray Drinkwalter said Wayne Chapman, 52, had been enjoying a drink with a friend....

But of course.

Minor "rock star" falls to death after being chased by hornets

Also, underneath this article is the tale of a man who flicked a lighted cigarette at some pesky bees and burned his home down!

Complete the following limerick:

There was an old man from Aberystwyth

Who was stung by a bee on the elbow,

There was an old man from Aberystwyth

Who was stung by a bee on the elbow

But his wife hid his pills,

Then escaped to the hills

With a young Aberystwythian fellow.

this should perhaps be filed under "pathetic ways to die", but some poor fool was killed by a headbutt from a man with no arms.

I'll bite your legs off!

The headline calls the suspect "armless", be clearly 'e wasn't.

Well, Woolies' pic'n'mix has been going downhill for a while now, but surely a simple complaint to the manager would have sufficed.

It could be our very own Penzance dweller Real Madron. That would be one way of getting DL to notice you.

According to Sgt. Steve Dowden officials believe fumes from the various chemicals used at the Costal Circuits Factory where Fernando Jimenez Gonzalez was working overwhelmed Gonzalez, and he fell forward into a waste-high vat of sulfuric acid and drowned just before 1:45 a.m.

What an appalling degree of illiteracy these Californian newspapers have!

According to Sgt. Steve Dowden officials believe fumes from the various chemicals used at the Costal Circuits Factory where Fernando Jimenez Gonzalez was working overwhelmed Gonzalez, and he fell forward into a waste-high vat of sulfuric acid and drowned just before 1:45 a.m.

OK - despite being an American I recognize the problem with "waste," but "sulfuric" is how we spell "oil of vitriol" over here.

OK - despite being an American I recognize the problem with "waste," but "sulfuric" is how we spell "oil of vitriol" over here.

NAP I am the bearer of bad news I'm afraid. To pass on the wise words of one of my lecturers, spelling sulfur with an f is actually a IUPAC (pronounced you-pack) convention. Although publications will turn a blind eye to those who stick with the British version. However, I guess if someone is searching "sulfur" on web of shite science your article might not turn up and your work ignored.

I will stick my hands in the air and say I have spelt sulfur with an f for at least ten years now. On the plus side I believe IUPAC conventions for Caesium/Cesium go our way (with an a).

I will stick my hands in the air and say I have spelt sulfur with an f for at least ten years now. On the plus side I believe IUPAC conventions for Caesium/Cesium go our way (with an a).

The pronunciation of words varies in a place like this, as I would say 'realize' somebody else might say 'realise'

The French might say Honour when I would say Honor.

But with such little differences, we show respect for what people speak as we all come from different environments and in those 'environments' are all completely different influences.

Instead of Holler you might say Bonjour, or instead of saying 'hows it going tonight' you might say 'Good Evening'

But let's be thankful it's not

'What's good son' or 'what's poppin gangsta' ... for in that case most of us would need a translator.

Just read there was a third Jackass movie underway. It's bound to go wrong sometimes, ain't it?

Just read there was a third Jackass movie underway. It's bound to go wrong sometimes, ain't it?

A jack ass has already went wrong. A jack ass does wrong, but everybody still claps their hands.

A sherry enema. I wonder if it was sweet or dry.....

The latest Darwin Awards are worth a butcher's. Apologies if they have been posted elsewhere.