Lady Die

John Tyndall & Nick Griffin

I wonder if there is a credible chance of Nick Griffin being assassinated. Probably not, but you never know.

There is a very credible chance of that. In recent years BNP policy has become quite Islamaphobic as a means to try and preserve 'Christian Culture' (ie an attempt to win the vote of Christians who feel hard done by).

When you piss off the Halibuts its only a matter of time before one of the extreme variety try to kill you.

Pim Fortuyn of Holland springs to mind.

Pim Fortuyn wasn't murdered by a Halibut, he was murdered by a Dutch animal rights suporter.

Really? Oops.

Don't know how I got those two groups mixed up...

So who, exactly, decides when free speech and democracy should be curtailed for "the good of the people?"

Nick Griffin was democratically elected, it doesnt matter a f**k whether he is an odious turd or not.

Its obviously ok to run around in packs attacking people who do not live to their moral code, ideology or whatever fits the glove.

Today Griffin was due to be grilled by people who were very good in getting scum suckers like him to hang himself on his own bile.

They didnt get the chance.

So he lives on.

Anti Nazis? W ankers.

NB: Can a mod have a look into finding something slightly more inventive when it comes to substituting the work "F**k?"

Toffee Apple lacks a bit of gravitas, know what i mean? :)

As most of you probably know, Griffin will be vastly increasing Question Time's typical viewing figures this evening. Even though I don't think this is the correct platform, as a DLer I'm aware of the free-speech principles at stake and it's a thorny issue to be sure. Despite my reservations, I'll be watching and look forward to seeing him put in his place - and if he gets egged again, ah well.

What does the panel think?

So who, exactly, decides when free speech and democracy should be curtailed for "the good of the people?"

Nick Griffin was democratically elected, it doesnt matter a f**k whether he is an odious turd or not.

Its obviously ok to run around in packs attacking people who do not live to their moral code, ideology or whatever fits the glove.

Today Griffin was due to be grilled by people who were very good in getting scum suckers like him to hang himself on his own bile.

They didnt get the chance.

So he lives on.

Anti Nazis? W ankers.

NB: Can a mod have a look into finding something slightly more inventive when it comes to substituting the work "F**k?"

Toffee Apple lacks a bit of gravitas, know what i mean? :)

As most of you probably know, Griffin will be vastly increasing Question Time's typical viewing figures this evening. Even though I don't think this is the correct platform, as a DLer I'm aware of the free-speech principles at stake and it's a thorny issue to be sure. Despite my reservations, I'll be watching and look forward to seeing him put in his place - and if he gets egged again, ah well.

What does the panel think?

Hitler was democratically elected and it certainly did matter that he was an odious turd, particularly to the millions of Jews, Slavs, Russians not to mention Germans that were the victims of his underlying ability to convince a nation that he and his chums were worth voting in to power. Griffin is probably less of an oik than Hitler and that makes him potentially more dangerous. There are a lot of people out there who are prepared to be taken in by his rhetoric. I have met them, some of them war veterans. That's the problem with democracy. The decent right thinking people who support it also support the right to free speech by clever manipulative people like this. Unfortunately some people cannot see evil when it walks among them. As Ken Livingstone said this morning, when Griffin speaks on telly tonight it will mean that some minority will end up getting a kicking directly as a result of his appearance. The right to free speech should be conditional on responsible behaviour.

I am anti Nazi and spent some of my career exposing the twats for who they really area - mostly cowards in my experience. I am also a w*nker (although not more than once a week these days. Sigh!) . But I do not condone running around in packs looking for a ruck with these people. That doesn't work.

The real (final) solution would be to breed out your Nazi, through a genetic programme designed to identify and destroy Nazi genes so that we can all look forward to a Nazi-free future with a world

. Nazis? Gassing's too good for them. There's only one thing that people like Griffin understand - a bit of old fashioned patriotism.

Well there you have it TAFKAG - apathy - that's what gets these people elected.

Maybe its because most DLers could be working between TAFKAG's post and yours?

Hitler was democratically elected and it certainly did matter that he was an odious turd, particularly to the millions of Jews, Slavs, Russians not to mention Germans that were the victims of his underlying ability to convince a nation that he and his chums were worth voting in to power. Griffin is probably less of an oik than Hitler and that makes him potentially more dangerous. There are a lot of people out there who are prepared to be taken in by his rhetoric. I have met them, some of them war veterans. That's the problem with democracy. The decent right thinking people who support it also support the right to free speech by clever manipulative people like this. Unfortunately some people cannot see evil when it walks among them. As Ken Livingstone said this morning, when Griffin speaks on telly tonight it will mean that some minority will end up getting a kicking directly as a result of his appearance. The right to free speech should be conditional on responsible behaviour.

I am anti Nazi and spent some of my career exposing the twats for who they really area - mostly cowards in my experience. I am also a w*nker (although not more than once a week these days. Sigh!) . But I do not condone running around in packs looking for a ruck with these people. That doesn't work.

The real (final) solution would be to breed out your Nazi, through a genetic programme designed to identify and destroy Nazi genes so that we can all look forward to a Nazi-free future with a world

. Nazis? Gassing's too good for them. There's only one thing that people like Griffin understand - a bit of old fashioned patriotism.

Bush was an odious turd, who (the second time around) was democratically elected. He also authorised the killing of many innocent Iraqi and Afghan citizens alongside those allies killed in friendly fire. I digress. Whilst I don't agree with him I believe he has the right to speak.* However (IMHO) whoever said 'What is worse than being talked about? Not being talked about.' seems pertinent to me right now. If the majority of us are not happy with his ideas why give him additional airtime perpetuating his cause? Perhaps we could try the 'ignore the naughty child' treatment, see where that gets us.

*In fact there's an out of work voice of Gerry Adams actor we could use. Then it'd only be the deaf lipreaders he'd be able to canvass.

Edit - Oscar Wilde I believe is who I'm thinking of, even if the quote is not word for word correct.

Maybe its because most DLers could be working between TAFKAG's post and yours?

You mean we don't have any posties on the books?

Does anyone else think that Nick Griffin's haircut looks like it has been stolen from a twelve year old boy?

I have just seen that Piers Morgan has a programme at the same time on ITV. Not often you have a choice between which odious fat faced piece of sh*t you want to watch.

Nick Griffin manages to dupe stupid people who are not necessarily far right supporters by nature. He doesn't mind admitting it either when he thinks nobody but his supporters are watching and, for that reason, I'm not sure he should be allowed on the telly. In fact I'd go further and consider outlawing the BNP altogether. I know that's not very democratic, but I don't see any need to be democratic when dealing with those who preach hate - just as the government obviously believe when they're rounding up the Islamic hate merchants on the other side of the extremist spectrum.

I'm surprised that Griffin has agreed to share a platform with a bunch of mainstream, expense-fiddling bandits, but I reckon he's taking a huge risk going on the show tonight. He's going to have such a hard job defending his ridiculous, ill-thought out and nasty policies. Whenever I hear Griffin interviewed, he flounders when faced even with a simple question. I'm backing Jack Straw and Chris Huhne to make him look very silly tonight.

Does anyone else think that Nick Griffin's haircut looks like it has been stolen from a twelve year old boy?

I have just seen that Piers Morgan has a programme at the same time on ITV. Not often you have a choice between which odious fat faced piece of sh*t you want to watch.

Nick Griffin manages to dupe stupid people who are not necessarily far right supporters by nature. He doesn't mind admitting it either when he thinks nobody but his supporters are watching and, for that reason, I'm not sure he should be allowed on the telly. In fact I'd go further and consider outlawing the BNP altogether. I know that's not very democratic, but I don't see any need to be democratic when dealing with those who preach hate - just as the government obviously believe when they're rounding up the Islamic hate merchants on the other side of the extremist spectrum.

I'm surprised that Griffin has agreed to share a platform with a bunch of mainstream, expense-fiddling bandits, but I reckon he's taking a huge risk going on the show tonight. He's going to have such a hard job defending his ridiculous, ill-thought out and nasty policies. Whenever I hear Griffin interviewed, he flounders when faced even with a simple question. I'm backing Jack Straw and Chris Huhne to make him look very silly tonight.

I think the BBC could have had far more fun if they didn't have such woolly liberals on the panel. Get Peter Hitchens and Kelvin MacKenzie on and see them both squirm to convince the public that there is more than a fag paper between their views and the aforementioned Mr Griffin... :)

I'm backing Jack Straw and Chris Huhne to make him look very silly tonight.

I only hope they are up to it ! I want to see Griffin drubbed, OK I don't watch TV but the BNP needs to be outed as an evil threat to free thinking and tolerance.

Bring back Red Wedge and the ANL at lease they had good music ;+)

OK I am a little drunk tonight....

Razor

Jack Straw's a bit inarticulate, isn't he?

I find Griffin's habit/tic of licking his lips and 'leering' at the female members of the panel a little disconcerting

Well thats all over for another year, the questions have moved onto the mundane now.

I think, and im not being smug, my belief that he should not be prevented from speaking and being grilled in any form of debate has proved to be correct.

He was taken apart tonight.

Had he not been allowed such a platform..............

He came over as badly as many hoped and imagined, but I'm sure the BNP wouldn't swap that for a non-appearance and be denied the oxygen of publicity. I doubt that anyone already sympathetic to their cause would be put off, whereas some borderline supporters/floaters will be influenced by the 'legitimisation' he's been given by being invited into the mainstream. Of course, even if he started presenting Blue Peter it wouldn't see the BNP storming to election victory next year - that's not the point, it's the invidious creep's insidious creep towards respectability which events like this help.

The rest of the panel didn't cover themselves in glory either, and it was often left to the audience to hit the nail on the head. Though they couldn't have hand-picked a much more multicultural left-leaning bunch if they'd tried - it would have been nice to hear at least one other racist blurt out an opinion for balance.

I didn't watch it. QT isn't one of my favourite programmes at the best of times. Instead I caught up with Panorama from Monday on i-player that planted a couple of Asian reporters on Bristol's Southmead estate. While the abuse they received was shocking I think it should be said that almost anyone who didn't live there would be risking some abuse from the kind of degenerates who end up on such estates. There are enough of them in the north. The shame is that such programmes tend to tar everyone with the same brush so the thousands of decent people living there, trying their best in often difficult circumstances are branded by association.

It's possible, as I've found in my soft southern neighbourhood, to go through life and almost never encounter the low life you find on such estates. That's the middle class life that Trevor Phillips has in mind when he says that we really do have a multicultural society. In 90 percent of the country I would say he was correct and in London the racial mix is such that even the cab drivers have softened their old prejudices. Today they only want to "flog 'em" - 'em being any supporters of Ken Livingstone. What I fear is that there is still a racially prejudiced undercurrent - I see it in some of my toff and new-moneyed friends - that could warm to far right sympathies if someone with more charisma than Griffin were to succeed him. The problem with yesterday's airing and others like it is that many years ago when I met him few people in the UK knew who he was. Now everyone does. Imagine if he was to benefit from TV's Jade Goody effect. It's a worry.

I was so interested I fell asleep. Last thing I remember is Dimbleby trying to get Straw to answer yes or no to a question about whether the rise of the BNP was due to failed Labour policies on immigration. The impression I got is he (Griffin) counts the leading zeros or has some kind of affliction that can't stop him smirking. Didn't Hitler have a policy on the disabled? Do the BNP as well?

The Nazis referred to disabled people as "human ballast" and sterilised them or sent them to prototype death camps.

In grey buses.

biggraubus.jpg

(BTW Mono, make some room in your inbox!)

BNP = toe-rags & idiots.

I watched the programme but was mainly playing Mahjongg on my wife's DS. Let me tell you both were a total waste of time. But it at least it showed Griffin to be a slime bag of the highest order.

If people need a protest party to vote for, they need to place it with the Greens.

The Nazis referred to disabled people as "human ballast" and sterilised them or sent them to prototype death camps.

In grey buses.

biggraubus.jpg

(BTW Mono, make some room in your inbox!)

In some of those grey buses, such as those used at Chelmno, the passengers were dead before they reached their destination, gassed by carbon monoxide run from tubes attached to exhaust pipes. Of course Griffin and his palls would have us believe that never happened.

BNP = toe-rags & idiots.

I watched the programme but was mainly playing Mahjongg on my wife's DS. Let me tell you both were a total waste of time. But it at least it showed Griffin to be a slime bag of the highest order.

If people need a protest party to vote for, they need to place it with the Greens.

I wouldn't say that, I've recently become a fan of this.

NAP, all deleted.

I was going to at the last local elections, but decided against it. Weren't they going to put the price of fuel up higher than it already is?