Strange eh? He can sink away from legal proceedings but hang in there in the face of death. If we could bottle this tenacity amongst politicians and sell it we could earn cash on the scale this lot can embezzle it.

Another bloody F*****g disappointment. I'm rather bitter.

I'm right there with you, but I don't think anyone who chose Suharto this year should give up hope just yet. Just because he's improved over a 24 hour period under medical care means that the improvement will continue once he's removed from all medical equipment. Multiple strokes messing with his brain, lowered blood oxygen levels, further screwing his brain and body up and lung, and kidney problems on top of the occasional bleeding intestinal track. This guy's prime for the Grim Reaper's picking. Patience, bro...he's gonna' go.

This guy's prime for the Grim Reaper's picking. Patience, bro...he's gonna' go.

Thank you for those encouraging words. It looks like I was wrong after all. Oh well, even if he escapes death this time (he's not out of hospital yet) there's plenty of year left for him to do the Right Thing.

regards,

Hein

I'm right there with you, but I don't think anyone who chose Suharto this year should give up hope just yet. Just because he's improved over a 24 hour period under medical care means that the improvement will continue once he's removed from all medical equipment. Multiple strokes messing with his brain, lowered blood oxygen levels, further screwing his brain and body up and lung, and kidney problems on top of the occasional bleeding intestinal track. This guy's prime for the Grim Reaper's picking. Patience, bro...he's gonna' go.

I agree with you MBH2. I had a dream last night wherein I got a DP hit, and everyone was telling me that it couldn't be Suharto because he had improved so much. Well, when I checked it up on Wikipedia, low and behold it was Suharto. So if you fancy a less rational approach to optimism (which is strange coming from me :unsure: ), you now have that option as well.

But I prefer MBH2's analysis personally. :blink:

We can only hope that he is admitted to a British hospital next time.

We can only hope that he is admitted to a British hospital next time.

I kinda like this article...on Monday at 8am, Suharto was touted as having been stable since Saturday...don't know if that was Saturday morning or late night, so he'd been stable for about a day and a half, and IF he remains stable (big IF for someone as messed up as Suharto) he'll go home...maybe later this week. It's 2 days later...I wonder if the old bag o' bones is still stable. I guess we're just going to have to wait until the end of the week.

Suharto leaves hospital.

Article makes it sound like he still may have this and that to worry about yet... not a total loss for this year just yet...

Right there with ya, not a total loss for this year. It sounds like his discharge is more of a personal convenience than medical staff wanting to discharge him.

I could swear he was quoted as saying "I'm not dead" and "I don't want to go on the cart."

Do you think he might be going home "to die", like so many ill celebs do?

No, that would have been more obvious allready.

I gave the notion some thought...just didn't want to say it out loud, but since you've come out on your own and mentioned the possibility that Suharto may be going home to die, I'll second the idea.

Guest Zed
Strange eh? He can sink away from legal proceedings but hang in there in the face of death. If we could bottle this tenacity amongst politicians and sell it we could earn cash on the scale this lot can embezzle it.

Oh darling how can you say such things when just before this you said something entirely different?

Oh darling how can you say such things when just before this you said something entirely different?

Give it a rest, Brimley. :banghead:

Give it a rest, Brimley. ;)

? :) What are you talking about not-a-spud ;) ?

[brummie] No, he went home yes-ter-die [/brummie]

Attorney General sued for dropping case against Suharto.

Looks like now DL isn't the only group wishing he hadn't made it out of that hospital...

Attorney General sued for dropping case against Suharto.

Looks like now DL isn't the only group wishing he hadn't made it out of that hospital...

Suharto dying in prison is a tempting thought.

regards,

Hein

Oi Zed

If you're still hanging around somewhere you're - like - just wrong. I've been fairly consistent on this old git. My view is he's in there with a few other politico hangers on who can manage to bob to the edge of oblivion when their cumuppance is on offer but stagger back from the edge and slowly drift away when it comes to the actual death bit. Granted, I've highlighted different bits of this phenomena at different points on the thread, but that's about all. He's in there with Pinochet and Mintoff but I'll stand by my earlier prediction on this thread, Charles Haughey will go before Suharto but Gerald Ford will watch reports of his death on the news.

A few hundred people gannin' like. If anyone posting hereabouts get's an invite would they please - like - post the gen here?