Guest IYG

Holiday Thread

1 hour ago, msc said:

.... jammy bastard!

:lol:

Aye. Quite a few of my friends said the same thing.  I would have liked to have seen the sun on a couple of occasions though. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

Take a brolly.  :lol:

Passing through most of this country, the weather was charming. Then I got to the A9 and it absolutely cunted it down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TQR said:

Passing through most of this country, the weather was charming. Then I got to the A9 and it absolutely cunted it down.

Welcome to  Scotland. :lol: Where are you heading off to? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Welcome to  Scotland. :lol: Where are you heading off to? 

Inverness currently, to do a slightly modified version of the NC500. Should be a fun couple of days! Fort William after that, then meeting up with a mate I haven’t seen for a couple of years in Aberdeen. Should be a decent test of my coat’s waterproofing :lol:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TQR said:

Inverness currently, to do a slightly modified version of the NC500. Should be a fun couple of days! Fort William after that, then meeting up with a mate I haven’t seen for a couple of years in Aberdeen. Should be a decent test of my coat’s waterproofing :lol:

I drove through Fort William yesterday on my way home. Shame your birthday wasn't a bit sooner.  Could have met for a coffee on a mini DL con.  

• Like 2

Tomorrow morning I'll be off to Austria on holiday for the coming three weeks

(so don't pencil me in on your longlist when I'm quiet for a while) :lol:

• Like 1

Two weeks until I piss off to NZ for 10 days. Part business, part pleasure. Would’ve loved longer but there we are. I am desperate to get out of the fucking UK for a bit so this two weeks can’t pass quickly enough.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TQR said:

Two weeks until I piss off to NZ for 10 days. Part business, part pleasure. Would’ve loved longer but there we are. I am desperate to get out of the fucking UK for a bit so this two weeks can’t pass quickly enough.

You'll love it. I've been twice.  It's like Scotland with sunshine.  People are very friendly.  North or south island? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

You'll love it. I've been twice.  It's like Scotland with sunshine.  People are very friendly.  North or south island? 

Couldn’t agree more; this’ll be my third time! I’ll be around the Bay of Plenty, Tauranga first then I’ve rented a nice house in Tairua for the last 3 days. Haven’t done much of the South yet unfortunately. Where in NZ have you been?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TQR said:

Couldn’t agree more; this’ll be my third time! I’ll be around the Bay of Plenty, Tauranga first then I’ve rented a nice house in Tairua for the last 3 days. Haven’t done much of the South yet unfortunately. Where in NZ have you been?

First time Raglan (visiting stepson) second time at stepsons wedding. Athenree, but visited Tauranga,  rotorua, Hamilton, swam with sharks at Kelly Tarltons in Aukland, Mainly done the touristy things in the northern half of the north island. 

• Like 2

Off to LHR to have a drink at what would otherwise be a problematic hour. Back shortly.

*Sets all comms to out-of-office mode*

• Like 2

Gutted I had to leave this place behind.

CBC45653-219E-4516-9F49-9A2403003829.thumb.jpeg.815f52f330ee80b9d1ab02915d6d1f89.jpeg

• Like 1

In Prague with OSP Jr for a couple of days. 

• Like 1

We got to see Iron Maiden :P

IMG_20230118_154403.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

Now who does that remind me of :lol:

• Like 1

I'm on holiday in London with my girlfriend for the next couple of days, having arrived this evening and leaving sunday afternoon. We haven't planned much as of yet (besides Hamilton the musical, gf is a big fan and I appreciate most of the songs as well), but with the crowning done (with loads of crowds) and Eurovision fans off to Liverpool I guess, it might actually be a great time to be here! :D

• Like 6

Seems I'm one of the more frequent users of this thread, I do like sharing when I'm away for longer just in case, and perhaps it can inspire other forum users when visiting said places. Earlier this month I went to Lisbon for a couple of days, quite nice weather (mostly about 25 degrees celsius) but sadly quite touristic.

Right now I'm departing from Amsterdam with my girlfriend to visit her family in Finland for a couple of weeks. Until then! :)

• Like 4

On 30/07/2023 at 02:59, ThereWillBeDeaths7 said:

Right now I'm departing from Amsterdam with my girlfriend to visit her family in Finland for a couple of weeks. Until then! :)

Let us know when you’re Finnished.

• Like 2

And I'm back from my trip to Finland! Enjoyed the time with my girlfriend's family a lot, we stayed for some time at her family's summer cottage and the rest of it in Tampere where most of her direct family lives. Also got to meet some newest members of the family as her cousins are beginning to get children.

Weather was fine as well; some more wind than usual for the area and some cloudy days, but also multiple sunny days. All in all I love what I've seen from the country since I've started visiting it some years ago: lots of nature, large cities that don't feel crowded but have a lot to offer (Helsinki, Tampere) and kind people.

Lastly, I'm learning Finnish on Duolingo since a year or two, definitely not fluent yet but learning a lot of new words and can now reasonably follow an average conversation between Finnish people. Kiitos hienoista viikoista, Suomi!

• Like 5

On 01/10/2006 at 02:10, Tuber Mirum said:

Did anyone notice I haven't been in for a couple of days?

Didn't think so.

I was helping the Army with their inquiries. The bastards used their most advanced sleep deprivation techniques on me and not only that, they tried to poison me. Bastards.

I also met a very interesting man named Adolf Shipman.

Is it normal not to remember things which happened nearly 17 years ago?

I have no Idea what this was about.

• Shocked 1

Greetings, legendary sir :hatsoff:

• Haha 1

I'm departing New Jersey to fly to Italy for ten days. Have a family wedding to go to in Foggia on 9th September.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Unknown Man said:

I'm departing New Jersey to fly to Italy for ten days. Have a family wedding to go to in Foggia on 9th September.

Have a good trip, have a great vacation and enjoy the party :)

• Like 1

And I'm back from my trip to Italy! Spent time with my family, we stayed at the Agritorismo Il Pioppeto alot. Also spent a day at the beach in Gaeta on Tuesday, and seeing Herculeum and Pompeii on Thursday. Spent Saturday all night partying at my cousin's wedding in Foggia.

• Like 4