Tempus Fugit

Ariel Sharon

if someone switched off Sharons life support machine he would die within days.Thats the best prediction i can do right now.Sorry

I assume by "someone" you're volunteering to do the deed?

It's less likely to happen in Israel than it would be in the UK. Death for the big 'un is likely to come via blood clot, congested lung or another stroke. It's kinda like all of these fellas are stood round his bed, knowing they can't dive in a kill him yet but sort of eyeing the chance.

It's less likely to happen in Israel than it would be in the UK. Death for the big 'un is likely to come via blood clot, congested lung or another stroke. It's kinda like all of these fellas are stood round his bed, knowing they can't dive in a kill him yet but sort of eyeing the chance.

Maybe if they all concentrate really hard he'll die. The power of negative thought....

Failing that, couldn't someone just switch off his machine?

It'd take some bottle to switch it off on one of those moments when his eyes are open.

It'd take some bottle to switch it off on one of those moments when his eyes are open.

They can easily wait till they're shut.

This just in on the CNN website:

The condition of comatose former Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon deteriorated further Monday, said the spokeswoman for the hospital that is treating him.

The BBC are now reporting that Sharon has a chest infection

CNN has a bit more detail now regarding his condition

Waste of a life support machine keeping him alive. There's probably some poor Israeli kid dying because they haven't got access to a machine.

Waste of a life support machine keeping him alive. There's probably some poor Israeli kid dying because they haven't got access to a machine.

Although not as many as are dying now due to his successor's rather exciting foreign policy attitude....

Dr. Zeev Rotstein, head of the center, said, "We are expecting a difficult treatment because in his condition complications are expected. We will treat him as best we can. It is not a short-term treatment. We are talking about long-term treatment."

The doctor said that in May, 'long term' means they were trying to keep him going till now, or a bit longer. Been tellin' ya people this is a tough management job balancing so many conditions in one patient. His legendary stamina will help, a little, but the intervention at this stage to deal with the problem in his lungs won't do other problems, like blood pressure and his deteriorating brain tissue, any good.

Although not as many as are dying now due to his successor's rather exciting foreign policy attitude....

great euphemism :(

Mr Sharon's urine output has also decreased and a chest scan shows that he has a new infection, she added.

That is definitely not a good sign. Hopefully he can hold on for another 4 1/2 months :lol:

Mr Sharon's urine output has also decreased and a chest scan shows that he has a new infection, she added.

That is definitely not a good sign. Hopefully he can hold on for another 4 1/2 months :lol:

Not sure exactly how severe it is, as there seem to be conflicting reports.

Although BBC, CNN and Reuters all state that Sharon's health is declining. The report on Reuters states that Sharon has double pneumonia

Guest iain

actually its even more hopeful because ITV is saying his condition has deteriorated 'dramatically'.Im still not going to hold my breath for the old f****r to die tonight though....

do you think we should just tell those doctors hey guess what hes an old man whos dying quite naturally.Why not just let him die?Is that such a radical suggestion?????

actually its even more hopeful because ITV is saying his condition has deteriorated 'dramatically'.Im still not going to hold my breath for the old f****r to die tonight though....

do you think we should just tell those doctors hey guess what hes an old man whos dying quite naturally.Why not just let him die?Is that such a radical suggestion?????

Hopefull for what? Iain, you appear to be the only person on this site who actually wishes for people to die rather than make an intelligent guess as to when that person will actually die.

I'll confess some sympathy with Iain's position on the prone and porky figure of the former PM of Israel, mainly because of the woeful performance of my WDP thus far.

Iain, you appear to be the only person on this site who actually wishes for people to die rather than make an intelligent guess as to when that person will actually die.

Ye cannae mix matter and antimatter cold Captain!

She'll blow tae pieces!

Ye cannae mix matter and antimatter cold Captain!

She'll blow tae pieces!

:lol::P:D

According to Haaretz his urine output has decreased significantly. I'm not sure I wanted, or needed, to know that. His brain function's going on the blink too.

I'm going to repeat what I said here - while the current hoohah between Hezbollah and Israel continues it would be very foolish to announce his death. Let's see how the ceasefire goes and hopefully Sharon will hang on for at least another 4 1/2 months :lol:

Guest iain

Hopefull for what? Iain, you appear to be the only person on this site who actually wishes for people to die rather than make an intelligent guess as to when that person will actually die.

Lets just put it t his way-I enjoy seeing nature take its course ,and render everyone n matter how big or small,rich or poor,famous or non entity, equal in the end.Yes I do actually like death-the great equaliser,the ultimate judge of all.Frankly it would amaze me if I found out i am th e only person on this site who feels this way!

Re the news coverage on Sharon: the clinical information suggests a serious decline - ie his life will be seriously endangered in days unless they can stabilise him - so the relative lack of news coverage must be down to considerations of the impact his death will have.

Re the news coverage on Sharon: the clinical information suggests a serious decline - ie his life will be seriously endangered in days unless they can stabilise him - so the relative lack of news coverage must be down to considerations of the impact his death will have.

Yes; balloons, bunting and party poppers are in short supply in Lebanon currently. Maybe the Israelis are waiting until humanitarian aid shipments of party supplies have been delivered before announcing Sharon's demise?

Or failing that, Monday was the only day recently that there was any change in his condition.

Makes no sense each day just putting forward the statement, "yes, he's still in a coma"

Trust me Phantom; 'still in a coma' masks a mass of activity. His kidneys are packing up and his lungs are congested and pneumonia in such a patient could be a rapid killer. Yeah, he's comatose but his doctors will be working, arguing and guessing their way at this stage. The drugs that'll stabilise him might include blood pressure medication that'll inhibit the function of his failing kidneys and......it ain't easy when they get this sick. He's slipping away sure enough but the eventual cause of death could be one of several conditions.

Trust me Phantom; 'still in a coma' masks a mass of activity. His kidneys are packing up and his lungs are congested and pneumonia in such a patient could be a rapid killer. Yeah, he's comatose but his doctors will be working, arguing and guessing their way at this stage. The drugs that'll stabilise him might include blood pressure medication that'll inhibit the function of his failing kidneys and......it ain't easy when they get this sick. He's slipping away sure enough but the eventual cause of death could be one of several conditions.

I've got a feeling the news will be fairly quiet until later this week when they can state if the medication they're giving him has a little time to work, or make things worse. If he wasn't a former world leader, the doctors would have given up on him ages ago. Sad thing is, even if he were to pull through, there would be no way would he ever been the same again or even be able to communicate very well.

I think if I was ever in that condition, I'd rather my family just switch everything off rather than prolong things.

MPFC, what I meant by the doctors stating "yes, he's still in a coma" was regarding his condition prior to Monday before the sudden hive of activity. When there's no news, we just have to assume that his condition hasn't changed since the last statement.

With all that's been happening on the news recently, the potential suicide bombings on UK to US bound flights, the events in Israel, Iraq and Afghanistan and Castro having surgery.. news stories are often sidelined until something major happens.

You can tell it's a slow news day when CNN will report on anything that's going just to give people something to read. The most pointless news story at the moment must surely be this one "Aussies on lookout for ugly sheep"