Tempus Fugit

Ariel Sharon

The Israeli cabinet has just declared that Ariel Sharon is permanently incapacitated and is therefore no longer prime minister.Presumably t his will clear the way for his life support system to be switched off within days.

Someone does not know to use the Search key before creating new threads :lol:

[Threads merged - ff]

The Israeli cabinet has just declared that Ariel Sharon is permanently incapacitated and is therefore no longer prime minister.Presumably t his will clear the way for his life support system to be switched off within days.

Someone does not know to use the Search key before creating new threads :lol:

[Threads merged - ff]

FF,

I think sometimes people use the search option at the top of the site which doesn't seem to work, as opposed to the one at the bottom, which does

The search option at the top of the page works fine for me, it's best used for finding individual posts,

whereas the one at the bottom is best for finding threads.

The search option at the top of the page works fine for me, it's best used for finding individual posts,

whereas the one at the bottom is best for finding threads.

I must be using it wrong, I can't get the wretched thing to work :lol::lol::banghead:

Someone does not know to use the Search key before creating new threads :shoot:

[Threads merged - ff]

FF,

I think sometimes people use the search option at the top of the site which doesn't seem to work, as opposed to the one at the bottom, which does

Phantom,

The above person has a history of creating threads for no reason. Even when relevant thread to post to already exists.

Did doctors make serious errors while treating Sharon?

I wouldn't call them errors if they made him ill.

It's not as simple as errors, they were treating an overweight elderly man and trying to balance a known heart condition that could contribute to blood clots with the danger of stroke in a man already showing high blood pressure.

Medically speaking the mistake they made probably went back years; they should have pinned him against a wall and said, 'lose some weight you fat bastard and think about a less stressful job.'

Did doctors make serious errors while treating Sharon?

I wouldn't call them errors if they made him ill.

I have yet to see any proof that Olmert won't be worse... hopefully he'll be better due to his involvement with the Kadima Party, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Though really, it's his job at the moment to not screw "it" up, rather than do anything in particular. As pro-Palestinian as I may be, right now the oweness is on the Palestinians to prove to Israel (and the world) that they're ready for a West Bank withdrawl by controlling Hamas. So as long as Olmert doesn't do something stupid like, say, re-settle the Gaza Strip, he should be able to coast through his tenure fairly easily.

Though really, it's his job at the moment to not screw "it" up, rather than do anything in particular. As pro-Palestinian as I may be, right now the oweness is on the Palestinians to prove to Israel (and the world) that they're ready for a West Bank withdrawl by controlling Hamas. So as long as Olmert doesn't do something stupid like, say, re-settle the Gaza Strip, he should be able to coast through his tenure fairly easily.

I think the onus is on you CP to show suitable shame. :huh:

Guest iain

its a pity Ariel wasnt on the deathlist... :huh:

Is it just me or does any body else find Ariel Sharon oddly fascinating?

Just you I guess BB but we're all united by our individuality and creative skill here so that's okay.

The news report alluded to above reads in part:

The physicians are considering an operation next week to reattach the quarter of his skull that was removed during brain operations nearly three months ago.

The operation, to be performed for esthetic purposes, would be part of preparations to move him to a long-term care institution

It's that 'long-term' element that has me, with a DDP depending on his demise by the end of next March, worried.

The news report alluded to above reads in part:
The physicians are considering an operation next week to reattach the quarter of his skull that was removed during brain operations nearly three months ago.

The operation, to be performed for esthetic purposes, would be part of preparations to move him to a long-term care institution

It's that 'long-term' element that has me, with a DDP depending on his demise by the end of next March, worried.

That's why I'm not putting him on any Deadpools except for W90. I doubt he's going anywhere, but he'd be a rather foolish miss if he did, so I wanted to get him on at least one somewhere.

I think the overall consensus from what I've been reading in the news is that he's going to be in it for the long stay.

I think the overall consensus from what I've been reading in the news is that he's going to be in it for the long stay.

so what are you saying? He should go on the 2008 or 2010 list?

Guest iain

Don't really care about him anymore.hes history

Not quite - he's still breathing. :)

Not quite - he's still breathing. :)

They say the probability of him recovering is unlikely. Although if he can live for another 8 months then he would make an outstanding number one canidate. If not, another graduate oppertunity down the drain. ;)

Less than seven and one-half months left to see if he will endure through to the end of our year.

Coma-Stricken Ariel Sharon Moved to Long-term Medical Facility

Nearly five months after suffering a massive stroke, Ariel Sharon was moved from Hadassah Hospital in Jerusalem to a long-term care facility near Tel Aviv. The 78-year-old Sharon remains in a coma.

As I was saying to my friend as we watched telly on the Internet: The days of the old ariel are nearly over, mate!

As I was saying to my friend as we watched telly on the Internet: The days of the old ariel are nearly over, mate!
I think you forgot to add a drum-roll to that, MPFC! :)

I was trying to think of a riposte to do with Ariel washing powder; I suppose if he makes a recovery there could be mention of 'new & improved Ariel'? :lol: Or 'not just nearly dead, but really dead' when he finally meets his maker. :)

Apparently, Ariel (the washing powder) is not popular in Egypt and other middle eastern countries because people think it's linked to Mr Sharon. That's apparently as in 'I read this about 1/2 hour ago on the internet' rather than the 'a mate told me in the pub' type of apparently.

Thought you'd all be thrilled to learn that.

I think you forgot to add a drum-roll to that, MPFC! :)

I was trying to think of a riposte to do with Ariel washing powder; I suppose if he makes a recovery there could be mention of 'new & improved Ariel'? :lol: Or 'not just nearly dead, but really dead' when he finally meets his maker. :)

Apparently, Ariel (the washing powder) is not popular in Egypt and other middle eastern countries because people think it's linked to Mr Sharon. That's apparently as in 'I read this about 1/2 hour ago on the internet' rather than the 'a mate told me in the pub' type of apparently.

Thought you'd all be thrilled to learn that.

For this same reason Arabs really hate that fat blonde chick off Eastenders (ok, that one I did hear down the pub. Or earlier in this thread).

Proctor & Gamble should do what some companies do and call the product something else for Middle Eastern sales. For example, a Mars bar in the UK equates to a Milky Way in the US, while a UK Milky Way is a Three Musketeers in America. So, if P&G would simply rename Ariel detergent something like "Osama" for sales throughout the region - hey presto, sales would treble.

This report from 31st of May claims that Sharon has been opening his eyes.

Possibly a good sign for the deathlist but bad for many DDPers.