Tempus Fugit

Ariel Sharon

Guest Guest

doctors say there is significant deterioration in body functions and brain tissue in last 2 days and hos family are deciding with doctors on what should be done about it.It looks like his death will be announced in the next few hours

Iain,

Please provide a news link to back up your claims

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/5208430.stm

[Topics Merged, warning issued- NAP]

As he's one of my RDP selections, then I do hope he pops off soonish,

the poor chap has been all but dead for months now.

Time for his family to do the decent thing and pull the plug.

doctors say there is significant deterioration in body functions and brain tissue in last 2 days and hos family are deciding with doctors on what should be done about it.It looks like his death will be announced in the next few hours

I doubt it. If, for once, you actually read an article, you'll notice the "no immediate danger to his life" statement. CNN report.

For how long this will be the case, however, I do not know.

Guest iain

no disrespect octopus,but if you knew anything about medicine you'd realise that this type of kidney deterioration and brain tissue deterioration means that other organs will start to fail over the next few hours or days.He mioght be in no danger of dying tonight but this time tomorrow things will likely be very different

no disrespect octopus,but if you knew anything about medicine you'd realise that this type of kidney deterioration and brain tissue deterioration means that other organs will start to fail over the next few hours or days.He mioght be in no danger of dying tonight but this time tomorrow things will likely be very different

No disrespect, Iain, but if you knew anything about reading comprehension, you'll find that's exactly what I was saying.

:rolleyes:

Just read that Ariël Sharon's situation has taken a turn for the worst. Seems he's slipping. Kidney problems and his brain seem to be jello...

Fight Ariël! At least till January 1st....

Edited by football_fan

Before 31st December will do. He's in my DDP team.

Just read that Ariël Sharon's situation has taken a turn for the worst. Seems he's slipping. Kidney problems and his brain seem to be jello...

Whitehouse,

I hate to be pedantic, but it's not exactly a "Near Miss" as Sharon isn't dead yet.

There is a specific thread for updates on Ariel Sharon's condition

He can last until April for all I'm concerned. Then I could sneak him onto my DDP and still get points for his prescence in my WDP. :rolleyes:

Nah, January 1st. That way I can sneak him onto my dead pool and go "Bwhahaha" at all the ones that changed their #1 pick on our sweepstake to Ariel Sharon thinking they would get the bonus point for being the first "kill" but I claimed that with Tony Banks :rolleyes:

Whitehouse,

I hate to be pedantic, but it's not exactly a "Near Miss" as Sharon isn't dead yet.

There is a specific thread for updates on Ariel Sharon's condition

Another member would have got a warning for that.

But luckily for Mr. Whitehouse, people of his pedigree get preferential treatment on Deathlist.net. :rolleyes:

I'll probably be shot down for the following post but what the hell.

I have a cunning plan which will hopefully allow me to sue the State of Israel.

Currently anyone can be an Israeli citizen if they can prove that they are Jewish, yes?

Well, my plan involves applying for Israeli citizenship which will ultimately be denied. When they deny my application I will ask for a stated reason and thus they will say, 'because you are not Jewish'.

Thus I will then take them to court on grounds of discrimination (right after they have been tried for war crimes, and crimes against humanity).

So what do you think? Would it work?

[snip :D ]

Possibly, but I bet a condition would be that you have to go and pick up any compensation due in person from Israel. To a warm welcome no doubt. :D

Currently anyone can be an Israeli citizen if they can prove that they are Jewish, yes?

Well, my plan involves applying for Israeli citizenship which will ultimately be denied. When they deny my application I will ask for a stated reason and thus they will say, 'because you are not Jewish'.

Thus I will then take them to court on grounds of discrimination (right after they have been tried for war crimes, and crimes against humanity).

No, it wouldn't work, but it may needlessly take up the office time of a few Israeli civil servants, so it would probably be worth doing anyway. I might have a go myself. Maybe if they were swamped with immigration applications from thousands of gentiles we could tie up the whole country, including their armed forces, in a kind of paper-based DDOS attack.

They do say that the pen is mightier than the sword...

It wouldn't work because it doesn't logically follow that just because all jews are eligible for Israeli citizenship, that all non-Jews aren't.

There is a chance that your Israeli citizenship would be granted in which case at your age you would immediately be drafted into the armed forces.

Anyway Israeli citizenship couldn't be considered to be a fundamental human right, could it? They can turn away anyone they want, for whatever reason they want.

I suppose your plan might work in California though.

I suppose your plan might work in California though.

Yes, but I'm sure Windsor has more self-respect than to send himself there. :D

Sharon rushed to Intensive Care Unit

All this effort to save a vegetable. At this point, all he'll ever be is Ariel Sharon the Tomato. Granted, the man has meant a lot to Israelis, but damn...let him go. He's not going to all the sudden wake up and ask to be taken to an all-you-can-eat buffet.

...let him go. He's not going to all the sudden wake up and ask to be taken to an all-you-can-eat buffet.

He might......I saw something like that on one of those ABC movies of the week garbage they used to push out and then there was that Steven Seagal person (who claims to be an actor) who lay comatose for years in a movie (Hard To Kill) and then suddenly was alive and no damage at all. If it works in the movies why not in real life too?

As a footnote remember that movie also included the late actor Frederic Coffin.....(dead 3 years now this upcoming Monday)

No! Even if you're Jewish it does not automatically entitle you to entry - As many Ethiopean Jews found to their cost when they tired to flee their strife riven native land. Eventually they were let in and placed in desirable locations such as the occupied West Bank and Gaza Strip.

Does anyone know if it's true that Tel Aviv is twinned with Belfast? Someone told me that but I think they were pulling my leg!

...let him go. He's not going to all the sudden wake up and ask to be taken to an all-you-can-eat buffet.

He might......I saw something like that on one of those ABC movies of the week garbage they used to push out and then there was that Steven Seagal person (who claims to be an actor) who lay comatose for years in a movie (Hard To Kill) and then suddenly was alive and no damage at all. If it works in the movies why not in real life too?

As a footnote remember that movie also included the late actor Frederic Coffin.....(dead 3 years now this upcoming Monday)

Can't forget about Kill Bill Vol. 1, Uma Thurman comes out of a coma, regains all ability (eventually) and returns to her assassin self.

There are real examples of people coming out of comas after years and being a little more than a breathing tomato, but it's rare.

Someone finally came out and said the word 'dialysis' and members of the medical community are questioning why Israel is bothering to keep Sharon alive at this point - in this article .

Can't forget about Kill Bill Vol. 1, Uma Thurman comes out of a coma, regains all ability (eventually) and returns to her assassin self.

There are real examples of people coming out of comas after years and being a little more than a breathing tomato, but it's rare.

Someone finally came out and said the word 'dialysis' and members of the medical community are questioning why Israel is bothering to keep Sharon alive at this point - in this article .

My theory is that one of Sharon's docs is a deathlister who didn't have him on this year's list and wants to keep him alive for Deadpool entry next year. It's possible. Come to think of it perhaps it would be wise if the BMA barred deadpool memberships to its members, particularly the Harley Street types who look after celebrities. For every Sharon who might benefit there is an Ossie Osborne or Maggie Thatcher who really should watch out.

I say he dies in August. The first or the second.

The first or second what, Time?

I say he dies in August. The first or the second.

The first or second what, Time?

Man with a girl's name?