Tempus Fugit

Too Many Moderators ?

Welcome aboard, Lord Fellatio!

I see you have made friends with our Windsor already. I remember being told to leave by his good self in the past, but I stuck around until my witty banter, charisma and general all round charm won him over.

Can you do the same, one wonders?

Cheers,

BHB

Yep, me too. Has he told everyone to take a hike at one time or another?

I see you have made friends with our Windsor already. I remember being told to leave by his good self in the past, but I stuck around until my witty banter, charisma and general all round charm won him over.

Cheers,

BHB

Hmmmm......... it would seem that my witty banter, charm and charisma has done anything but win him over.

I am, however, comforted with the knowledge that he has, at one time or another, hated most of the DLF members.

I am slightly crushed that he has felt the need to spit his dummy out, I do love a good scrap, as my shortage of body parts attest to.

Dear BHB I shall, as every good stalker should, pay very close attention to you in the hope that some of that charisma, if not anything else, rubs off on me.

Regards

LFN

Guest Guest
Do you know what? Sod it.

As much as it pains me to say it, perhaps SC was right.

I'm out of here.

Auf wiedersehen you stunted Caledonian Crapster!! Say hello to mater - has she still got those warts on her a**e??

Cheers,

BHB

I think of us as a dysfunctional family. We have plenty of feuds, but we get over it soon enough. Same with real life I think, except here we can be more vocal, more visible and longer lasting with our anger, because we don't see these people in real life. In the end, I think both love and hatred die down and most members are fairly indifferent or casual towards most others. Convergence towards the mean and all that.

Guest Guest

Do you know what? Sod it.

As much as it pains me to say it, perhaps SC was right.

I'm out of here.

Auf wiedersehen you stunted Caledonian Crapster!! Say hello to mater - has she still got those warts on her a**e??

Don't be mean about whinesor's mum, I doubt his appalling behaviour is entirely her fault.

Well, sorry to take the focus off Windsor for a moment, but Elspeth the Royal Forums Admin is back. Took a bit of doing, but the forum owner and I finally managed to get things sorted.

OK, sorry for the diversion. Back to Provoke-Windsor Day. :)

Dear BHB I shall, as every good stalker should, pay very close attention to you in the hope that some of that charisma, if not anything else, rubs off on me.

Oo-er!

It wasn't you in the yellow Fiat behind me on the M6 south of Birmingham early yesterday evening was it?

Not that anything you have posted thus far suggests you might be the type of person lacking in taste enough to own a yellow Fiat, you understand, but it was awfully close to my back bumper and wouldn't overtake even if I dropped below 50 mph.

I suppose there is an outside possibility that it might have been Windsor of course, but I have him down in my mind as owning a British made automobile- if there is such a thing these days.

Cheers,

BHB

Isn't Windsor too young to drive? :blink:

No - I'm not.

Just far too busy to learn, and far too tight to pay.

Isn't Windsor too young to drive? :blink:

No - I'm not.

Just far too busy to learn, and far too tight to pay.

Too busy in fact to rack up 3000+ posts in under two years ;-) I'd go with the "tight" part of the above phrase rather than "busy".

More of a Room 101 thing (and I don't mean to make an example of you Windsor - I am sorry) but people who say they are too busy when really 99% of them just lack time management skills. I know too many people who use this excuse and it makes me even more infuriated if they then go on to explain they've been fritting around achieving nothing or doing tasks which clearly have the importance, neigh the necessity of a central heating system in DR Congo.

Too many inactive ones, for sure. Seems like it's mostly down to AtJ, HCW, LG, honez and Boudicca (out of the 15 mods) to shelter us from the spamstorm going down these days. I'd promote DDT, if I had a say. Which I don't, of course. :unsure:

Too many inactive ones, for sure. Seems like it's mostly down to AtJ, HCW, LG, honez and Boudicca (out of the 15 mods) to shelter us from the spamstorm going down these days. I'd promote DDT, if I had a say. Which I don't, of course. :unsure:

I'd promote Banshees. I think he'd be an excellent moderator...

Why are we having so much spam all of a sudden? And what's the point of it all? What do these people expect to gain? Do they really think we'll buy something? I can't see why they think it's worth the effort.

Also why is moderation seen as "promotion"? I'm amazed how hierarchical thinking persists in today's society. It's a thankless job, pissing around with spam and shifting thoughtless posts to the right thread.

I judge people by the quality of their posts not on whether they have a moderator or admin label under their avatar.

That said, I guess moderation implies certain power, however mild, and as we saw in the "moderater" era any forum has its share of small-minded, power crazy individuals who can't find a job as a bus conductor.

Perhaps we should have a new status of "bus conductor." How about it Banshees, Windsor (DL's resident public transport expert)?

Also why is moderation seen as "promotion"? I'm amazed how hierarchical thinking persists in today's society. It's a thankless job, pissing around with spam and shifting thoughtless posts to the right thread.

I judge people by the quality of their posts not on whether they have a moderator or admin label under their avatar.

That said, I guess moderation implies certain power, however mild, and as we saw in the "moderater" era any forum has its share of small-minded, power crazy individuals who can't find a job as a bus conductor.

Be careful lest one of them turns you into a groat crusted newt...

I hereby request that DDT be demoted to moderator, whether he wants the job or not.

Be careful lest one of them turns you into a groat crusted newt...

I hereby request that DDT be demoted to moderator, whether he wants the job or not.

Here we go again. Are you two an item perchance? Just asking like, Taff.

I'm very happy as a groat crusted newt and it looks as if I'll stay that way until my princess comes along.

My status here is unlikely to change anyway as I'm going to try and stick at 3,000 posts. It's harder than giving up smoking. But you have to start somewhere. I wish you could get Nicorette-style patches that satiate the urge to peek and post.

Why are we having so much spam all of a sudden? And what's the point of it all? What do these people expect to gain?

Godot, I saw you on here at around 2 AM "your time" last night and I was going to confront you. Did something not go according to plan? Were you sneaking an alchoholic beverage? I was going to suggest that you might have been having that late night snack 'of unusual fruit" or that you were finishing up an article.

I was going to admit that you remind me of a Maurice Allais or a younger version of Nick Clooney, the father of George. I was going to create a "Here's to you" post but I didn't. Last night, I was also going to make a detailed rant in the "Ask A Deathlister" thread which would have consisted of me labeling "spammers" a complete waste of life. Isn't there some kind of preventive software which can disallow these people in their damp gloomy basements from gaining access?

And as far as moderating goes, I feel it's very overvalued by some. The current ones we have are also more active then one might think. I'm sure that if anyone gets elected to the job, it will be in everyones best interest.

Here we go again. Are you two an item perchance? Just asking like, Taff.

I'm very happy as a groat crusted newt and it looks as if I'll stay that way until my princess comes along.

My status here is unlikely to change anyway as I'm going to try and stick at 3,000 posts. It's harder than giving up smoking. But you have to start somewhere. I wish you could get Nicorette-style patches that satiate the urge to peek and post.

Say it ain't so, 'Dot. You're a national treasure, like Babs Windsor or Elton John. Try the old '1.57 posts a day keeps Alzheimers at bay' maxim if you must cut down.

I'm going to try and stick at 3,000 posts

No-o-o-o-o!!!

I mean some things you do regularly are enjoyable, life-affirming and stress busting. Would you - for example - get up one morning and announce to Mrs Godot that she'd had her lot since you were sticking to 3000 shags in a lifetime?

My status here is unlikely to change anyway as I'm going to try and stick at 3,000 posts.

Why? What happens at 3,001 posts?

Guest Take no risks
My status here is unlikely to change anyway as I'm going to try and stick at 3,000 posts.

Exhibit A

spoon002_2.jpg

Perhaps take a sabbatical to review your gravy collection but hurry back to us in the spring when the gravy days are over?

I'm going to try and stick at 3,000 posts

No-o-o-o-o!!!

I mean some things you do regularly are enjoyable, life-affirming and stress busting. Would you - for example - get up one morning and announce to Mrs Godot that she'd had her lot since you were sticking to 3000 shags in a lifetime?

She should thank her lucky stars if she gets 3000 shags in a lifetime - it would take me about 300 lifetimes to get 3000 shags.

Windsor my man, you are less than 2000 posts from being a sad W**ker. I'm trundling towards 7000 and - most likely - an even more insulting epithet.

Lardy my love.....your fragrant form doubtless has love action left to find. I didn't have the pleasure of Godot's company earlier this month but I based the little scenario on what I gleaned from those who had met the fella. It could be worse for Mrs Godot (assuming such a person exists) than you suggest. I mean, if a man stopped at 3000 shags in a lifetime, that doesn't mean he wife would be on the receiving end of every single one of those shags now, does it?

Perhaps take a sabbatical to review your gravy collection but hurry back to us in the spring when the gravy days are over?
I stopped for a few months and it was an experiment testing several outcomes. I wanted to see how others would function in my absence and I wanted to see what my reaction would be in the long term. It's complex but not unbearable. I know Godot's disease and the truth is that I don't want to see another milestone. I've said it once before. I once frauded my post count so if it could be lowered by 100 or so it might extend my longevity here. I'm not going anywhere now but this discussion is a reminder to post more conservatively.

I stopped for a few months and it was an experiment testing several outcomes. I wanted to see how others would function in my absence and I wanted to see what my reaction would be in the long term. It's complex but not unbearable.

Funny that. I'd call it sad...

Would you care to share you conclusions, Mr. Scream?