Guest Dan

Estelle Getty

Guest sherri miranda
All of the Golden Girls are alive...

Estelle Getty, Born in 1923...

Rue McClanahan, born in 1934, she played Blanche

Betty White was born in 1922, she played Rose

Beatrice Arthur was born in 1923, she played Dorothy.

i love estell getty she reminds me of my mother who passed away in 2000 i would like to wish estell all the best you are in my thoughts and prayers : :P

[threads merged - HCW]

Edited by football_fan

All of the Golden Girls are alive...

Estelle Getty, Born in 1923...

Rue McClanahan, born in 1934, she played Blanche

Betty White was born in 1922, she played Rose

Beatrice Arthur was born in 1923, she played Dorothy.

i love estell getty she reminds me of my mother who passed away in 2000 i would like to wish estell all the best you are in my thoughts and prayers : :P

By 'you' do you mean those of us who subscribe to the Deathlist. If so thank you very much. If you mean Estelle, herself, the correct form would have been to use the pronoun 'she'.

I'm sorry to be pedantic but this was a prayer and I know GOD to be a stickler where grammar and syntax are concerned.

Estelle is, regretfully, no longer able to fulfill any autograph requests due to her failing health. Any inquiries sent to her managers' address, or any other known address for Estelle will now be returned

Queenie

How recently was that information released?

Estelle is, regretfully, no longer able to fulfill any autograph requests due to her failing health. Any inquiries sent to her managers' address, or any other known address for Estelle will now be returned

You'd think he'd just sign it himself. Who'd know? Not Estelle for one.

Liz Taylor's dog could sign it

I think it was Betty White who said something to that extent a few months ago when the Golden Girls DVDs were launched in the States. It was either her or Bea Arthur anyway.

While I will be sad when she passes away, she's the joker in my DDP so if she's going to die soon, please let it be in 2006 :banghead:

I think it was Betty White who said something to that extent a few months ago when the Golden Girls DVDs were launched in the States. It was either her or Bea Arthur anyway.

While I will be sad when she passes away, she's the joker in my DDP so if she's going to die soon, please let it be in 2006 :rip:

I was going to pick her as my joker, but then I decided I'd get more points if I picked a younger cancer sufferer. So I thought to myself, Lou Rawls or Harold Pinter?

So far, I made the wrong choice. Hopefully it'll be a moot point by the end of the year.

Anyhow, that information was released ages ago, and her website on November 15th of last year released a statement that basically said she was going to die soon, albeit in a flowery manner. I pushed to have her on DL, didn't work out so well.

But she's still on my DDP. :banghead:

ahhh I thought it was something that had just been anounced

Doesn't she have alzheimer's too?

she might last a couple more years though, after all, Richard Pryor lasted a good few years even after being diagnosed with Parkinson's and the same with Terry-Thomas.

She apparently has PSP :blink:

Well she's not going to be playing too many video games if she has Lewy Body Disease, now is she?

I think Dudley Moore had progressive supranuclear palsy. That's quite a bit worse than Parkinson's. Though neither is a picnic.

What?

:lol::rolleyes:

From the link:

sometimes seems as if her Golden Girls co-stars Betty White and Rue McClanahan are part of that welding.

"We see each other quite a bit," Arthur says. "We're always meeting somewhere to sign DVDs or participate in some event. Unfortunately, Estelle (Getty, who played the mother) can't be with us because of her health, but we have a good time. I will always remember that show as one of the best parts of my life."

That's what I call 3 of them doing well & the other one not so.... ;)

Well, to make up for any mis-understanding:

How about this?

Estelle Getty Condition Update

I see the natural off-the-cuff banter that made them so 'hilarious' in the first place is still evident after checking your link out, OoO.

Maybe a new one-off episode (filmed in front of a live-ish studio audience) involving Estelle Getty would be even better... :banghead:

I'm basing this on having worked with demented patients in the past - when your responses are down to a single word and you don't recognize someone you've known atleast for 20 years - you're likely down to your last 6 months or so, but don't quote me. I've seen people who don't recognize their own children linger for more than a year.

I think Estelle would be up for a reunion special...like her co-star said...her only response to anything was 'yes'. All she'd have to do is wander around, try to open the doors, mumble incoherently to herself and soil her diaper and things will be fine. :banghead: That's an awful though on my part.

I'm basing this on having worked with demented patients in the past - when your responses are down to a single word and you don't recognize someone you've known atleast for 20 years - you're likely down to your last 6 months or so, but don't quote me. I've seen people who don't recognize their own children linger for more than a year.

I think Estelle would be up for a reunion special...like her co-star said...her only response to anything was 'yes'. All she'd have to do is wander around, try to open the doors, mumble incoherently to herself and soil her diaper and things will be fine. :banghead: That's an awful though on my part.

My aunt used to be a Personal Care Assistant, and I've heard similar from her, so I'd trust your diagnosis.

Two of my DDP choices with articles describing their near death condition in one day? OoO, you are the hero of my finals week!

Two of my DDP choices with articles describing their near death condition in one day? OoO, you are the hero of my finals week!

Aah, you're welcome. I just wish my lot would do something to justify picking them. Even a sneeze would be a start.... :banghead:

Getty sounds in the same state as my grandmother was. Gran was tough but when she did pick an illness up (pneumonia in her case) she went quickly. I would hazard a guess & say the same might happen to Getty. Good days, bad days, tough but weak resistence to illness.....

So if they make it (and here's hoping they do) Getty and Ariel Sharon are the locks for next years list?

I personally tried to make the argument that Estelle was a lock for this year's list, so I'm actually hoping I get a gloat point or two this year... :o

Estelle Getty was said to be declining a while ago... Now there is just silence?

There's an update on her health (well, from April) on her website. Basically to sum it up it says she has good and bad days - on her good days she's quite lucid, on bad days she just sleeps.

The quote that is of interest to us (and especially those of us foolish enough to have her as our joker...) is "There is nothing life threatening going on".

Either way, age is not on her side and I agree it does seem to have gone a bit quiet of late. However, perhaps there simply isn't anything new to report. We'll only know if she makes a public appearance or when she dies how she's doing.