Guest Dan

Former First Ladies

20 hours ago, MortalCaso said:

Don't believe this has been reported yet

Jeannette Ramos Buonomo wiki died on Nov. 24th at age 89. She was First lady of Puerto Rico 1967-1969.

Her husband was the second elected governor of Puerto Rico, Roberto Sánchez Vilella (1913-97) wiki who served from 1965-69.

This was his second marriage with his first ending in divorce 1967. His first wife Conchita Dapena (1913-2003) wiki died at age 90

link?

• Like 1

On 27/07/2021 at 16:59, arghton said:

Interesting longevity in (some) of the First Ladies of Costa Rica:

Marita Quiros (1911-), First Lady 1962-1966 is alive and 110.

Marita Camacho Quiros is 111 today. :birthday:

Picture that's apparently from today:

camachoquiros.png.207126c703d80f4a36ea95e983de2e33.png

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, arghton said:

Marita Camacho Quiros is 111 today. :birthday:

Picture that's apparently from today:

camachoquiros.png.207126c703d80f4a36ea95e983de2e33.png

Yeah I found the same image, she looks really great for a 111 yo ! 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Ukraine's in-exile First Lady 1989-1992 and widow of in-Exile President Mykola Plaviuk who died a decade ago Yaroslava Plaviuk is probably still alive at 96.

Her predecessor Helga Livytska is "alive" on wikipedia, but I doubt she is.. Mykola Livytskyi died in his 80s in 1989 and I can't find anything about Livytska on the internet.

• Like 2

On 03.06.2022 at 01:27, arghton said:

Ukraine's in-exile First Lady 1989-1992 and widow of in-Exile President Mykola Plaviuk who died a decade ago Yaroslava Plaviuk is probably still alive at 96.

Her predecessor Helga Livytska is "alive" on wikipedia, but I doubt she is.. Mykola Livytskyi died in his 80s in 1989 and I can't find anything about Livytska on the internet.

Yaroslava Plaviuk probably alive.  Pay attention to the photo, there is no date of her death on the common tombstone.

From here: https://www.facebook.com/ukrconstoronto/posts/1648450401881829/

Screenshot_2022-06-05-18-44-05-661_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 6

On 6/3/2022 at 1:27 AM, arghton said:

Ukraine's in-exile First Lady 1989-1992 and widow of in-Exile President Mykola Plaviuk who died a decade ago Yaroslava Plaviuk is probably still alive at 96.

Helga Livytska... How much younger was she than her husband? Laurence's widow Olivier is still alive. The photo is dated 1986.

%D0%93%D0%B5%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%B3%D0%B0%D0%

The grave is also double. The photo is dated 2010.

https://www.wikiwand.com/uk/Лівицький_Микола_Андрійович

https://www.wikiwand.com/uk/Гельга_Лівицька

440px-Andriy_Livyckyi.jpg

• Like 1

On 27/06/2021 at 01:03, arghton said:

Ivory Coast's first President Félix Houphouët-Boigny's (1905-1993) widow Marie-Thérèse Houphouët-Boigny (b. 1930).

Marie-Thérèse Houphouët-Boigny, first first lady of Ivory Coast once called "Africa's Jackie Kennedy" by US media, looks absolutely amazing for a 92-year-old, this picture is from today:

boigny.png.b99fd7cdf86bd6602b8da835bce24160.png

(With Dominique Ouattara, the current First Lady)

Edit: here's the image with JFK, 1962

kennedy.png.9011d8e8672c038ca679a959d986fc32.png

• Like 3
  • Shocked 2

Alma Adamkiene celebrates 96th. Seemingly bedbound (and has been "unable to get up" since her 2019 severe stroke) but slowly improving and husband former Lithuanian president Valdas Adamkus hopes she'll be able to go out for a walk in the summer.

• Like 2

On 02/06/2022 at 23:27, arghton said:

Ukraine's in-exile First Lady 1989-1992 and widow of in-Exile President Mykola Plaviuk who died a decade ago Yaroslava Plaviuk is probably still alive at 96.

Yaroslava Plaviuk, in-Exile First Lady of Ukraine 1989-1992, dead at 96.

• Like 5

Taiwan first ladies have all made it to great ages (84, 85, 88, 90, 103, 105 and Tseng Wen-hui's 97) but first lady 2000-2008 (and former Legislative Yuan member) Wu Shu-chen might become an exception. She's been paralyzed and wheelchairbound since an assasination attempt in 1985, has a history of hospitalisations and was suffering from cancer of the eyelid last year. Looks quite frail in that image too.

• Like 2

Former French First Lady Anne-Aymone Giscard d’Estaing, widow of President Valery Giscard d’Estaing, have recently reached 90.

She is the third longest lived French First Lady, after Jeanne Fallières who died at 90 years, 4 months and 5 days and Claude Pompidou who died aged 94 years, 7 months and 20 days.

She seems in pretty good shape for her age, both mentally and physically, her last interview being for the death of Elizabeth II.

5 minutes ago, Sinbabad said:

Today, former French First Lady Anne-Aymone Giscard d’Estaing, widow of President Valery Giscard d’Estaing, is 90.

She is the third longest lived French First Lady, after Jeanne Fallières who died at 90 years, 4 months and 5 days and Claude Pompidou who died aged 94 years, 7 months and 20 days.

She seems in pretty good shape for her age, both mentally and physically, her last interview being for the death of Elizabeth II.

Wasn’t her birthday on the 10th of April ? 
she’s still in good shape yes. Chirac is gonna turn 90 in mid may and I truly think this is her last 

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Wasn’t her birthday on the 10th of April ?

Well today is the 10th of April !

5 minutes ago, Sinbabad said:

Well today is the 10th of April !

The 10th of may ahah :D 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lafaucheuse said:

The 10th of may ahah :D 

Oops my bad…

Thanks I’ll edit my post 

Just now, Sinbabad said:

Oops my bad…

Thanks I’ll edit my post 

Ahah no problem !

Today former French First Lady Bernadette 

Chirac is also 90. But she is in really poor health. She’s in a wheelchair for several years now, and could not attend the public funeral mass for his husband Jacques in 2019.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sinbabad said:

Today former French First Lady Bernadette 

Chirac is also 90. But she is in really poor health. She’s in a wheelchair for several years now, and could not attend the public funeral mass for his husband Jacques in 2019.

The fact she reached 90 is a miracle in itself, I can’t see her reaching 2024 considering all the News about her health. If ever she does, I would say she deserves a spot on thé official list but I don’t think this is the Kind of picks that the committee is interested in

• Like 1

Isabel Da Costa Ferreira, former First Lady of East Timor from 2012 to 2017 has died aged 49 from cancer. Her husband, former president Taur Matan Ruak, is currently Prime Minister.

• Like 4