Guest Dan

Former First Ladies

| believe Jimmy Carter did not travel to attend the Pope's funeral.  Is this an indication of declining health?

Yes, I think a funeral is usually a fairly good barometer of the state someone's health.

:unsure:

• Like 1

I have been told by people in circles of the Texas Democratic Party that Lady Bird Johnson is declining seriously. She is reportedly blind and confined to bed or a wheeclahir. Her recent bout with respiratory bronchitis has made her bad heart weaker and it is believed that she won't last but a few more months at the most.

Sounds like this first lady is ready to reunite with her president. Nancy might have a little while to go, but you can never be sure.

Wow Ladybird Johnson still alive! That is remarkable.

Please can someone post a picture of her....not seen a picture of her in her old age.

Altogether now...

"LBJ LBJ How many kids......."

Poor LBJ, although I don't agree with his Great Society politics I feel sorry for him- he was treated extremely badly, especially for someone who was so dilligent in his work and had a great desire to please every single voter in America.

Simon

Lady in red:

ladybird1_cropped.gif

Hair and make-up courtesy of Photoshop..

Looks like a stunned mullett to me. Alzheimers anyone?

(Is that Debbie Harry with a grey wig on behind LBJ? Next to the whiny-looking woman)

Looks like a stunned mullett to me. Alzheimers anyone?

(Is that Debbie Harry with a grey wig on behind LBJ? Next to the whiny-looking woman)

Does anyone know the names of the other people in the pic. I recognize Luci Johnson Nugent behind her mother and David Eisenhower to Mrs. Johnson's left. But I'm not sure who the others are. Are they also presidential relatives? And also is this a fairly recent pic?

Guest Guest
I have been told by people in circles of the Texas Democratic Party that Lady Bird Johnson is declining seriously. She is reportedly blind and confined to bed or a wheeclahir. Her recent bout with respiratory bronchitis has made her bad heart weaker and it is believed that she won't last but a few more months at the most.

Rumor has it that the info posted may be true.

Guest LilMimi

Barbara Bush turns 80 next Wed, June 8. She and Sr. were on Larry King a couple of nights ago and to be honest, I didn't think the old gal looked too good.

Guest IYG
Barbara Bush turns 80 next Wed, June 8. She and Sr. were on Larry King a couple of nights ago and to be honest, I didn't think the old gal looked too good.

If you want, I don't live too far from her so I could go and off her. B)

If you want, I don't live too far from her so I could go and off her. B)

Hang on a bit, she's not on this year's list.

regards,

Hein

Guest IYG

If you want, I don't live too far from her so I could go and off her. :D

Hang on a bit, she's not on this year's list.

regards,

Hein

*Standing by* B)

having seenen a picttuere yesterdasy of Marlyn quayle I waondered if we could also add formere seconmd ladiesd to this list. You know the v.p.s wifes or wives. Got that one wrong on the enbglish exam once.. didm't know if it was a fes or ves.

Barbara Bush hospitalized with early signs of pneumonia.

First reports seem to indicate that she may well recover.

Lyudmila Putina (Vladimir Putin's ex) might be an interesting one. She grew up in Kaliningrad (where life expectancy is low now - don't know how bad it would have been at the height of the Soviet empire), she "disappeared" for a while when she and Vlad were having marriage problems, only to divorce him six months ago: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyudmila_Putina

I think Reagan will leave us this year, colliding with the 10th anniversary of Ronnie's death