Lady Die

Princess Diana

I remember it well too--I was working as a mechanic in a Mercedes garage in Paris. Had a bugger of a job that day replacing the brakes on a pretty flash motor. You don't think... :banghead:

Mass???!!!

Yeah, Catholics do that....weird isn't it?

You said it!!

Mass???!!!

Yeah, Catholics do that....weird isn't it?

Rarely critical mass, though.

regards,

Hein

nuncheon – a drink or snack taken between meals, esp. in the afternoon

I think you'll find that a nuncheon is a screw-joint used to attach seats to scaffolding to make temporary viewing galleries etc.

"It would appear, Your Majesty, that several of the nuncheons were installed without the proper diligence or care, and the whole fuc*ing lot came down. With my humblest felicitations on the rapid recovery of the young Prince's leg, I am, yours etc...", Letter from Lord Palmerstone following publication of the Report into the Lord Mayor's Parade Calamity, 1866

Opus Dei, now they're always critical of todays Mass.

True. But then, they're critical of everything that happened after 1848.

They just love the Latin.

Latin lovers. Get them while they're hot.

regards,

Hein

I think you'll find that a nuncheon is a screw-joint used to attach seats to scaffolding to make temporary viewing galleries etc.

"It would appear, Your Majesty, that several of the nuncheons were installed without the proper diligence or care, and the whole fuc*ing lot came down. With my humblest felicitations on the rapid recovery of the young Prince's leg, I am, yours etc...", Letter from Lord Palmerstone following publication of the Report into the Lord Mayor's Parade Calamity, 1866

F**k me, what is this? "Call my Bluff"

callmyrob.jpg

Nuncheon, n.

Large pointy stick used for acts of self-abuse by members of dodgy Catholic secret societies.

"Don't worry, Tony, I'll return Cherie's nuncheon just as soon as it's back from the cleaners" R. Kelly, Secretary of State for Education and Skills, Cabinet Minutes February 2005

‘Lunch’ is short for ‘luncheon’ the meal between breakfast and tea or dinner. The word “luncheon” is made of the words “lump” and “nuncheon”. The “lump” was originally a thick piece of bread, bacon, or meat. The “nuncheon” was the “noon drink” which was taken at the “ninth” hour, originally 3 o’clock in the afternoon

In quick order, damnit! You line 'em up and we'll get 'em all done and dusted before nuncheon.

NUNCHEON?

"Yes,--I left London this morning at eight o'clock, and the only ten minutes I have spent out of my chaise since that time procured me a nuncheon at Marlborough."

– Sense and Sensibility, ch. 44

Oh, you mean NUNCHION, not nuncheon. An easy mistake to make :banghead:

F**k me, what is this? "Call my Bluff"

callmyrob.jpg

Can't find Nozzer........ Can't compute............... Cerebral cortex failure imminent........... Need assistance............ Shutting dooooooowwwnnnnn

Guest IYG

I only remember seeing it in the news, don't remember where I was. Probably playing somewhere.

I only remember seeing it in the news, don't remember where I was. Probably playing somewhere.

In what sense were you "playing"?

Guest IYG

In what sense were you "playing"?

Well, 1997, I was only 11 years old when she died I think. So I was playing.

Guest lived so lets die
:referee: It was'nt a accident at all, she was assasinated and thats what i think and alot of people do. :banghead:

:referee: It was'nt a accident at all, she was assasinated and thats what i think and alot of people do. :banghead:

Fool.

Oh, and it's "a lot" by the way.

In quick order, damnit! You line 'em up and we'll get 'em all done and dusted before nuncheon.

NUNCHEON?

"Yes,--I left London this morning at eight o'clock, and the only ten minutes I have spent out of my chaise since that time procured me a nuncheon at Marlborough."

According to my copy of the Compact Oxford English Dictionary...

Nuncheon. Now dial. Forms: nonechenche, nonchonches, -senches, noynsankys, none-, nunschank(i)s, noonchyns, -shyns, nonsiens, nunchings, nuncions, -chions, -tions, noneshyne, noonchin(e), noonshun, nonchion, nuntion, -cian, nunchion, nuncheon, nunchen, -chin(g), -chun, -shon. [ME. non(e)shench, f. non (NOON + shench) (OE. senc) draught, cup. Until the 17th cent. usually in forms with final s. In mod. western and south western dialect the shorter form munch is also current: cf. luncheon and lunch.]

A slight refreshment of liquor, etc., originally taken in the afternoon; a light refreshment taken between meals; a lunch.

It then goes on in great detail to give various quotes where nuncheon is definitely used in the context of a light afternoon tipple.

Can't find Nozzer........ Can't compute............... Cerebral cortex failure imminent........... Need assistance............ Shutting dooooooowwwnnnnn

And while I've got the big dictionary out, a Nozzer is a new recruit; a novice sailor. Originally it was a corruption of "no sir."

Q: What would Princess Diana be saying if she were still alive today?

A: Knock knock, please let me out of this coffin, I've been stuck in here for 8 years now.

Boom Boom

DDT

NUNCHEON?

According to my copy of the Compact Oxford English Dictionary...

Nuncheon. Now dial. Forms: nonechenche, nonchonches, -senches, noynsankys, none-, nunschank(i)s, noonchyns, -shyns, nonsiens, nunchings, nuncions, -chions, -tions, noneshyne, noonchin(e), noonshun, nonchion, nuntion, -cian, nunchion, nuncheon, nunchen, -chin(g), -chun, -shon. [ME. non(e)shench, f. non (NOON + shench) (OE. senc) draught, cup. Until the 17th cent. usually in forms with final s. In mod. western and south western dialect the shorter form munch is also current: cf. luncheon and lunch.]

A slight refreshment of liquor, etc., originally taken in the afternoon; a light refreshment taken between meals; a lunch.

It then goes on in great detail to give various quotes where nuncheon is definitely used in the context of a light afternoon tipple.

OK, so we are both correct, after a fashion.

I was in bed when my mother rang with the news. I remember feeling distinctly sick, but then I did have the most god-awful hangover.

Bloody inconsiderate woman.

Both of them. :banghead:

Guest who?
Relive those dramatic broadcasts at this site.

I'd rather not, thanks. I have a life to lead.