VSBfromH

Not Exactly Famous...

I do so hope I have been mentioned in his last will and testament. The roof leaks have increased greatly during the recent springtime rains and it is threatening my stamp collection not to mention my scale model train system running through the second floor north side. Dear Kenny Southwell, he shall be missed.

Somewhere between 'not exactly famous' and 'near miss' depending on if you're a Eurovision fan, 70s Europop fan or just watch too much German telly (or all three like me) but Steve Bender of Siegel/Meinunger-created German pop act Dschinghis Khan died earlier this month from cancer aged 63 :referee:

Jack Fallon

Canadian-born jazz bassist and fiddler (with Ella Fitzgerald and Duke Ellington amongst others), who also featured on the Beatles "White Album", and played with many other big names, has died aged 90 in London.

Another link here

Jack Fallon

Canadian-born jazz bassist and fiddler (with Ella Fitzgerald and Duke Ellington amongst others), who also featured on the Beatles "White Album", and played with many other big names, has died aged 90 in London.

Another link here

Oh dear, this is indeed sad news. A tragic loss.

Edouard Michelin, CEO of Michelin, dies in a boating accident.

Ooh, fishy!

I predict that rumours of foul play surrounding his death will never go away.

regards,

Hein

Edouard Michelin, CEO of Michelin, dies in a boating accident.

Ooh, fishy!

I predict that rumours of foul play surrounding his death will never go away.

regards,

Hein

Oh for cod sake, shoal little respect!

Ooh, fishy!

As I sea it, DL is hardly the plaice to complain about lack of respect.

regards,

Hein

Ooh, fishy!

Just a minnow! You're skateing on thin ice there, you Bass-tard! On your Pike, mate!

Smelt it coming, mind you.

Regards,

Notapotato

(Whose dad was a marine biologist, and who detests fish puns with a searing contempt immeasurable by any instrument yet constructed by man or by beast.)

Ooh, fishy!

Just a minnow! You're skateing on thin ice there, you Bass-tard! On your Pike, mate!

Smelt it coming, mind you.

Oh, pollocks. My sole porpoise was a bit of entertainment. Eel stop soon.

regrds,

Hein

Tamsin Causer, a British sky diving world record holder, has been killed while doing a jump.

She was 32.

For just a moment... I thought it said she died of cancer? :old:

Guest Guest
Tamsin Causer, a British sky diving world record holder, has been killed while doing a jump.

She was 32.

So? Nobody lives forever and maybe this will teach children the idiocy of skydiving.

She was 32.

So? Nobody lives forever and maybe this will teach children the idiocy of skydiving.

Yeah, kids, we know it's tempting but remember - if some stranger comes up to you in the street and asks you if you would like jump out of a plane at 12,500 feet JUST SAY NO!!!

Former NFL fullback, Craig "Ironhead" Heyward dies at age 39.

Craig Heyward dies

Former NFL fullback, Craig "Ironhead" Heyward dies at age 39.

Craig Heyward dies

Early deaths for American NFL players seems popular. It must be the deadly steroid use...

I was just about to consider searching for a canidate such as an old football player who wasn't in good shape but I figure the mighty DL committee pretty much banns all US sports players accounting on they probably won't get an obituary in the UK. Unless it happened to be some world-wide famous super star'

Guest Cecil

She was 32.

Yeah, kids, we know it's tempting but remember - if some stranger comes up to you in the street and asks you if you would like jump out of a plane at 12,500 feet JUST SAY NO!!!

Exactly.

Two to report in NEF, mainly because you probably wouldn't have heard of them if they weren't in your field.

Thelma Bernstein aka Thelma Leeds, 95, actress, husband of Parkyakarkus and mother of Albert Brooks and Super Dave Osborne.

George Field, 101, a co-founder of Freedom House

:lol: A brilliant user name! Shame about the spelling; I suspect someone's going to be posting in the "Name Change Request" thread soon... "Can I have one less 't' please, Bob?"

Welcome to the DL, Steve Whattley's Gas Oven.

Spanish singer Rocio Jurado dies, age 61

Rocio Jurado

Dutch TV news just gave it quite some attention. Another one who slipped through DL reconnaissance. Might well be a Near Miss. Or Near Mrs.

Damn, perhaps we do need only one Death Report topic. Oh yes, welcome to DeathList, for all your lively debate.

regards,

Hein

:lol: A brilliant user name! Shame about the spelling; I suspect someone's going to be posting in the "Name Change Request" thread soon... "Can I have one less 't' please, Bob?"

Welcome to the DL, Steve Whattley's Gas Oven.

Thanks for the Welcome!, I realised my mistake about the extra 'T' the minute I finished creating my account. Ah well never mind :banghead: