VSBfromH

Not Exactly Famous...

Following the death of Slick Goodlin last October, another of the "Right Stuff" test pilots Scott Crossfield has died - in a plane crash, would you believe?!

It sounds as if he died like all good cowboys, with his boots on. Not bad at 84.

BTW, any news on Chuck Yeager?

regards,

Hein

Morton Freedgood[/url], author of "The Taking of Pelham One Two Three".

Has died aged 93.

Oh dear,,,, that was one of my favorite movies of all times when it was a movie which I don;t know if it was or was not before or after the book was written.

Following the death of Slick Goodlin last October, another of the "Right Stuff" test pilots Scott Crossfield has died - in a plane crash, would you believe?!

It sounds as if he died like all good cowboys, with his boots on. Not bad at 84.

regards,

Hein

I've had him on my Google Alerts since I started using them, and I've had him on my last two Rotten Deadpools. Every news alert I get about him is about him receiving a medal, chairing an aeronautical committee, or just generally being healthy and active. I didn't bother sharing them since I thought it'd be beating a dead horse, though I'll post the next one that pops up. I've banished him to the "possible but unlikely" portion of my Deadpooling table.

MH, you said that last time! Does he owe you some money or something?!

Elaine Young

"Estate agent to the stars". She's got so many obit links, thought she is worth a mention here.

She was once married to the actor Gig Young, apparently, although his IMDB entry has him married 5 times, and the only "Elaine" amongst them as having died in 1993! :lol:

"Elvis Presley, Elizabeth Taylor, Warren Beatty, Burt Reynolds, Frank Sinatra, Barbra Streisand and Stevie Wonder*, among others".

* It's got a lovely view over the Pacific Ocean Mr. Wonder

MH, you said that last time! Does he owe you some money or something?!

I'm just keeping an eye on him, but couldn't be arsed to do the research myself. And no, I've never even met him.

regards,

Hein

Guest iain

NOBEL PRIZE WINNER JOHN B FENN - DEAD AT 88 ?

UPDATE: JOHN B FENN IS NOT DEAD AFTER ALL.A MALICIOUS HACKER POSTED HIS FAKE DEATH ON WIKIPEDIA.i am very angry about this

NOBEL PRIZE WINNER JOHN B FENN - DEAD AT 88 !

The article doesn't refer to his death, in fact it says he's still living. I'll give you the benefit of a doubt for now, after previous cases, but there's no news articles on his death so far, almost an hour later.

In addition, I will post this from the Wikipedia history page for John B. Fenn:

(I can't find any press releases, and anon IP who has declared him dead appears to be Polish, and the first edit had him dead tomorrow)

Guest iain

lets just pretend hes dead for now-we have a quota to fill!

news update: wikipedia has been 'cyberhacked' it seems....this was a fake death posting..wikipedia has now banned unregistered people from being able to post things.Its a sad day when it comes to this,but at least we will know that wikipedia will be 100% accurate from now on

MH - maybe this doesn't quite make my earlier point, but if nothing else it proves that Mr. Yeager is still fiesty:

Yeager suggests that it's Crossfield's own fault for dying.

It does indeed.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the Crossfield crash will be attributed to pilot error, or maybe even suicide. If I were a pilot and that age, I'd love to go that way.

regards,

Hein

no, let's just use a more reliable source for information than wikipedia.

Unless I'm entering in the wrong search options, I can't find him listed on CNN, Reuters or BBC you'd think at least one of those would have some report.

no, let's just use a more reliable source for information than wikipedia.

Unless I'm entering in the wrong search options, I can't find him listed on CNN, Reuters or BBC you'd think at least one of those would have some report.

Well, morning comes and still no news reports. I think it's safe to say he's still with us.

I'm more perplexed about this "quota to fill" business.... :huh:

I heard on the radio this morning that Kay Ray (later Kay Finnigan) has died at the age of 95

She co-wrote the tune "lil' Brown Jug" and during the 30's performed with the Dorsey Brothers Band

Her death was announced on the "Funeral for a friend" slot on FM107 Minneapolis radio station, Unfortunately I can't find a link announcing her death anywhere ;)

edited again:-

Ok I've finally found a link

Funeral directors forgot to put body in coffin.

entrepreneur and sports enthusiast Steve Stavro has died of a heart attack at the age of 78

entrepreneur and sports enthusiast Steve Stavro has died of a heart attack at the age of 78

He was "The founder of the Knob Hill Farms grocery store chain"

;);)

Just saw a little while ago on the CNN crawler that Bonnie Owens, widow and former manager of Buck Owens has just died at the age of 76

She was also the manager and former wife of Merle Haggard.

I'll try and find a link to add to this

I still can't find any link for Bonnie Owens and I'm sure I didn't dream it when I saw it on the crawler for CNN as my wife saw it too.

Anyway, Phil Walden founder of Capricorn Records that launched the careers of Otis Redding and The Allman Brothers has died at the age of 66 from cancer

I still can't find any link for Bonnie Owens and I'm sure I didn't dream it when I saw it on the crawler for CNN as my wife saw it too.

There's more than 100 links on Google news for Bonnie Owens,

Here's one from The LA Times.

TF,

thanks, I'm just really tired.

got just 3 hours sleep last night and have to be up at 4am to take the wife to the hospital.

By the end of tomorrow, Deathlist will have a new member

The recent flurry of football deaths continues:- :D

Gerrard Bowler, ex-Northern Ireland international, has died, aged 82;-

The man who discovered Mark Hughes, Clayton Blackmore and many more for Manchester United, Hugh Roberts, has died, aged 84.

Nobby Lawton, Preston North End legend, has died from cancer, at 65.

Hibernian star Willie Finnigan, has died at the grand old age of 93. Link

and two men to serve my club, Reading, have died:

John "Jack" Cross, aged 78.

and Tom Wilson, who has died, aged 72

I've heard of "dying in threes", but dying in nines?? (add Santana, Lyall & Labone) - a very sad week or two in football. :(

TF,

thanks, I'm just really tired.

got just 3 hours sleep last night and have to be up at 4am to take the wife to the hospital.

By the end of tomorrow, Deathlist will have a new member

Congratulations in advance and sincere wishes for a safe arrival, Phantom.

The recent flurry of football deaths continues:- :)

Gerrard Bowler, ex-Northern Ireland international, has died, aged 82;-

The man who discovered Mark Hughes, Clayton Blackmore and many more for Manchester United, Hugh Roberts, has died, aged 84.

Nobby Lawton, Preston North End legend, has died from cancer, at 65.

Hibernian star Willie Finnigan, has died at the grand old age of 93. Link

and two men to serve my club, Reading, have died:

John "Jack" Cross, aged 78.

and Tom Wilson, who has died, aged 72

I've heard of "dying in threes", but dying in nines?? (add Santana, Lyall & Labone) - a very sad week or two in football. :)

That's 9 minutes' silence before the weekend matches.