VSBfromH

Not Exactly Famous...

I presume this is still the thread to post those "famous in their own field but not so well known globally?"

If so,

Anatoli Puzach, who was one of Ukraine's best players in the 70's (in the old Soviet days) & who played in the 1970 World Cup before becoming a successful coach with Dynamo Kiev, has died aged 65.

and the actor Myron Healey is dead. Very well known in Western films, the sort of actor you always recognise, but can't remember their name - his death has only just been announced, but he actually died December 21, 2005 - which is why this death might go missed by a lot of people, especially as you won't see on the Wiki Recent Deaths page.

Nice Tribute Page

Guest Merkin
Neil Williams

Former Middlesex cricketer who played 1 test for England in 1990 dies of pneumonia at 43.

The link currently says no more than "Williams Dies at 43" but I'm sure those good folks at Yahoo will update it soon! Confirmed on Ceefax

Slightly more information here

Neil Williams

Former Middlesex cricketer who played 1 test for England in 1990 dies of pneumonia at 43.

The link currently says no more than "Williams Dies at 43" but I'm sure those good folks at Yahoo will update it soon! Confirmed on Ceefax

Slightly more information here

Indeed, Yahoo still haven't updated that link. Maybe they have someone working for them who is so keen to be first with the info that they can't be bothered fleshing it out with some details. Iain maybe?!

Yahoo weren't even the first with that, the cricinfo site were, so who knows what their game is!

Anyway, John McGahern, Irish Writer is dead. I'm sure he's somebody I should've heard of, but I haven't. Link.

So having no idea if he's really famous or not, I've put him in this thread.

How my husband died in our Shania Twain sex game

"Shania Twain sex game" - is that a new Waddingtons board game? I'd like to play if it is, but hope I don't suffer the same fate as Mr. West

Hmmmm the old "it just went off" bollocks!

Why hand someone a loaded gun to "play" with, and if he was a "keen shooter" why not get the safety fixed! It would still need one hell of a knock to set it off, not just set down on the floor, and if the gun was on the floor how did he get shot in the chest?????? <_<

Her story has more holes in it than her husband's chest!!!! :lol:

How my husband died in our Shania Twain sex game

"Shania Twain sex game" - is that a new Waddingtons board game? I'd like to play if it is, but hope I don't suffer the same fate as Mr. West

Hmmmm the old "it just went off" bollocks!

Why hand someone a loaded gun to "play" with, and if he was a "keen shooter" why not get the safety fixed! It would still need one hell of a knock to set it off, not just set down on the floor, and if the gun was on the floor how did he get shot in the chest?????? <_<

Her story has more holes in it than her husband's chest!!!! :lol:

I am currently kicking myself as this is a local (to me) news story that I missed, but I have just unearthed a local paper from last week & read about it. The Daily Echo, in case you're wondering & I did a search on their archive link online but found nothing, which didn't really surprise me.

I used to live in Shirley, which is the next Southampton suburb to Freemantle where Mr. & Mrs. West were playing their bizarre 'Shania sex games.' A couple of things puzzle me:

1. Mrs BHB, on occasion, has been persuaded/coerced/forced to dance for me. Often I have felt the need to fetch props, such as thorned red rose to whip herself with whilst accompanied by AC/DC's 'Whole Lotta Rosie', a flag during the White Stripe's 'Seven Nation Army' and on one memorable attempt at the ironic, a dead sparrow plucked from the garden during Skynyrd's 'Free Bird'. But never, even during Bob's 'I Shot The Sherrif', a gun.

2. Just what the F**k were they even doing with a shotgun about the place? This is England, not America. No offence to my fellow DListers across the pond, but I am led to believe from your Hollywood machine that you all sleep with rocket launchers under your pillows at least. There is little, if any, agricultural land in aforementioned part of Southampton, so I assume that Mr. & Mrs. West weren't farmers. So, again. what the F**k were they doing with a gun?

I can only conclude that Mr. West was a gangster/ rum type of chap/ plotting an armed robbery or murder in which case it was a good job his recent wife had the foresight to stop him in his tracks.

Or he was contemplating suicide, in which case his recent wife should be applauded for making sure he went out with a bang...

Howard "Red" Hickey, inventor of the shotgun formation in hockey.

shotgun formation in American football (don't know of a shotgun formation in hockey).

Guess it doesn't really matter...dead is dead, and the majority of Americans still don't know who he is.

Ah, good to see this back.

Hal, the Central Park Coyote is dead. Blow me if I know who Hal was, but it's got nearly 30 GNS mentions already in the last hour - that's more than some on Near Misses' got in total!

:lol::o<_<:lol:

Is this dumbing down of the highest extreme or can someone enlighten me on why the late coyote was so famous?

Link - if anyone is that bothered about it :lol:

EDIT

Is this like the Thames Whale? Captured the attention of the nation blah blah?

Ah, good to see this back.

Hal, the Central Park Coyote is dead. Blow me if I know who Hal was, but it's got nearly 30 GNS mentions already in the last hour - that's more than some on Near Misses' got in total!

:huh::o:unsure:B)

Is this dumbing down of the highest extreme or can someone enlighten me on why the late coyote was so famous?

Link - if anyone is that bothered about it :lol:

EDIT

Is this like the Thames Whale? Captured the attention of the nation blah blah?

Pretty much a similar thing to the whale in the Thames, although to have a coyote roaming central park. it's sort of a bit like when Goldie the Eagle escaped from London Zoo. I saw news footage of the eagle attacking of what looked like a Yorkshire Terrier. Although I think the coyote itself had wandered in to the park from outside of NY rather than escaping from the zoo to begin with

Howard "Red" Hickey, inventor of the shotgun formation in hockey.

shotgun formation in American football (don't know of a shotgun formation in hockey).

Guess it doesn't really matter...dead is dead, and the majority of Americans still don't know who he is.

Drat. Good call.

That's what I get for reading two different sports articles at the same time. :party:

Apparently a German bodybuilding chap called Hans Ossner who became famous for being on the German version of "You Bet!" in the early 80's when he won his bet by blowing up hot water bottles with his bare lungs until they burst has died.

Sadly neither from a rupture, nor from injuries sustained from an exploding toggyboggle. He died of cancer aged 60-ish.

bild_1.jpg

Peter McGovern

Apparently he composed that hilarious ditty "In my Liverpool Home" (made [in]famous by "The Spinners").

Apparently a German bodybuilding chap called Hans Ossner who became famous for being on the German version of "You Bet!" in the early 80's when he won his bet by blowing up hot water bottles with his bare lungs until they burst has died.

Sadly neither from a rupture, nor from injuries sustained from an exploding toggyboggle. He died of cancer aged 60-ish.

bild_1.jpg

Maybe rubber is carcinogenic.

Peter McGovern

Apparently he composed that hilarious ditty "In my Liverpool Home" (made [in]famous by "The Spinners").

On that subject, are The Spinners still alive?

Peter McGovern

On that subject, are The Spinners still alive?

It would appear so, funnily enough scsibear and I were talking about the Spinners in the chat room the other night

http://uk.geocities.com/davenhel_uk/spinners.html

Re Spinners:

It mentions in the above link link that Cliff (Hall) was 80 in September 2005. I would guess he would be by far the oldest of the 4. Had a quick scan, but can't find any exact birth dates. The others are Hughie Jones, Mick Groves and Tony Davis.

Nice to see the standard of the vocabulary used by the tabloids hasn't been affected.

NURSE KNIFED TO DEATH ON A FAG BREAK

There's even a 3 syllable word in the first paragraph of the report

If it wasn't so gruesom I could use this in school when teaching the over-use of adjectives. There's being descriptive and then there's being downright obsessive. :o

Dutch author Gerard Reve dies at 82.

Damn, already mentioned in the Near Misses topic.

regards,

Hein

Edited by Magere Hein