VSBfromH

Not Exactly Famous...

Posted this on the near-misses thread too. I heard a story a few days ago that Petruska Clarkson had committed suicide. One of the more celebrated figures in psychotherapy and someone who - as part of her work - would have had regular therapy and supervision. Also, an expert on death rituals and depression.

Finished in a whelter of irony.

Another Isle of Man TT death

Maybe we should have a sweepstake on how many will bite the dust year.

I knew of him but i know Seamus Greene, we used to have a good laugh with him at the local races as we were usualy next to him in the pits. I didn't hear anything about the TT while I was away, but thats me back down to earth with a bump!

Patrick Garnett

Architect whose company designed the revolving restaurant atop London's Post Office Tower, as well as lovely Scratchwood Service Station and lots of Butlins' buildings.

Johnny Grande, one of the original members of Bill Haley's Comets, dies, aged 75.

And now for the perfunctory one liner....

I guess he will no longer Rock Around The Clock or Shake Rattle and Roll...

5-06-29-comets-then-now.jpg

Of course that's Bill Haley himself (sexy dog) at the tippy top and sadly not able to appear in lower part of the photo since he sang his last note in around 1981 at a mere 55.

The balance of the group is as follows going from left to right

Franny Beecher-lead guitar....now 84 he left the group in '62

Johnny Grande-Keyboardist....now dead he left in '62

Joey Ambrose-Saxaphoner now 72 he left in '56

Marshall Lytle-Double bass now 72 he left in '56

Dick Richards-Drummer boy now 82 he left in '56

Lytle and Grande had also played with Haley in the preceding band known as The Saddlemen saddlemen5.jpg oooh now that sounds like a group I would have liked to join!

Bruno appears to have lapsed into coherence. Is he OK? Do you think we should send someone round to check on him?

Some of you may remember nearly a year ago when I reported the sad demise of Blake's 7 actor David Jackson.

Blake's 7 fans will be saddened to hear of the death of David Jackson who played gentle giant Olag Gan in the cult TV series.

david%20jackson%20at%20the%20Season%202%20DVD%20launch%20smaller.jpg

Well they have finally got around to making a fitting memorial to the great man.

In other news, scriptwriter Allan Prior who created Z-Cars and also wrote scripts for B7 is no more.

Some of you may remember nearly a year ago when I reported the sad demise of Blake's 7 actor David Jackson.

Blake's 7 fans will be saddened to hear of the death of David Jackson who played gentle giant Olag Gan in the cult TV series.

david%20jackson%20at%20the%20Season%202%20DVD%20launch%20smaller.jpg

Well they have finally got around to making a fitting memorial to the great man.

I have never joined in on the, 'which thread to post on' debate, but I would have thought that someone who starred in 'Blake's 7', should not be in the 'not exactly famous' thread. It's an age thing I suppose. :) (Mine not Mr. Jackson's)

thanks for the mention of allan prior - i would have missed this otherwise, and it proves the worth of this thread. most people dont look at the names of writers and directors on drama programmes, but without the likes of prior and his talent and craft, the popular culture of any country would be poorer. ok, i'll stop being serious, now - but guys like him have always been my 'heroes', as such.

I've heard on another forum that Alec Bregonzi who was in Hancock's half hour has died . No links though

I've heard on another forum that Alec Bregonzi who was in Hancock's half hour has died . No links though

Definitely dead.

Link

rdonner27fv.jpg

Robert Donner, character actor died on June 8th aged 75.

He was probably best known as Exidor in "Mork and Mindy"

No proper obituaries thus far.

At last Mr. Donner is getting some obituaries,

link

Edited by Tempus Fugit

Last week German producer, songwriter, singer Drafi Deutscher died. Unknown to the rest of the world but quite famous in Germany and mildly famous in the rest of the Europe. Best known for a sixties track "Marmor, Stein und Eisen bricht". Brief comeback in the eigties with "You Want Love", in a duo called Mixed emotions.

Guess he was desperate to make it in the music business.... looking at the long list of aliases.

Jack Goldbird, Kurt Gebegern, Renate Valpus, Hektor von Udesom, Dave Bolan, Baby Champ, Big Wigwam, Mr. Walkie Talkie, Masquerade, Lars Funkel, Erus Tsebethmi, Ironic Remark, Pina Colada, Blue Lagune etc.

Trial and mostly error?