VSBfromH

Not Exactly Famous...

i cannot believe you feel this way, you must be pretty sick to joke about (people who you dont even know) people dying, fair enough joke about your own life and death but other peoples is wrong. its hurtful and cruel.

So why have you taken the trouble to register?

Oh and may I add this Charming Man to the not so famous list

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6201292.stm

i cannot believe you feel this way, you must be pretty sick to joke about (people who you dont even know) people dying, fair enough joke about your own life and death but other peoples is wrong. its hurtful and cruel.

So why have you taken the trouble to register?

Oh and may I add this Charming Man to the not so famous list

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6201292.stm

Very good Monoclinic. Whilst I enjoy a 'Smiths' based pun as much as the next man, (next charming man in fact), j'en ai marre with reading the same links.

Je suis desolée - j'ai laissé deux réponses au même temps. J'en ai donné à la damme qui était fachêe avec la puérilitée de cette site et l'autre pour le charmeur de serpent. Je n'ai pas vu qu'il y était un liens d'autre part pour l'homme charmant.

Je suis desolée - j'ai laissé deux réponses au même temps. J'en ai donné à la damme qui était fachêe avec la puérilitée de cette site et l'autre pour le charmeur de serpent. Je n'ai pas vu qu'il y était un liens d'autre part pour l'homme charmant.

And for those who didn't understand it the first time, here is the Babelfish translation:

I am desolée - I left two answers to the same time. I gave some to the damme which was fachêe with puérilitée of this site and the other for the snake charmer. I did not see that it was there bonds in addition for the charming man

Nope, I'm none the wiser either.

DWB :lol:

Je m'appelle Tits le Vinaigre. Je voudrais un Orangina et un kilo de pomme s'il vous plait. Merci beaucoup.

You see, I knew that French GCSE would come in handy one day.

It says (more or less): 'I am sorry. I left two responses at the same time. One to the lady who was angered by the purility of this site and the other for the snake charmer. I did not see that there was already a link for the 'Charming Man'.

Good job I can read that seeing as I'm having a quick trip over La Manche demain.

Thank-you - someone can understand my French. There is hope for me yet over here in the land of frogs. Though some might say I should concentrate on English first. Then they would also be from the "old school" of thought and should long have retired as I myself left school almost 15 years ago! Language evolves, teachers somehow don't.

Wow I really have earnt the pointless ranter title like our friend who thinks we are sick. I wonder what she'd think of my parents who find the best bit of televised awards is the "sadly missed" bit at the end? In fact it was my mum who forwarded this site - I hate to think what she'd been googling.

Damn - it's changed to morbid interest.

Doctor Who New/Missing Adventures author Craig Hinton has died aged just 42...

Link

Link

Well, considering how humungously fat he was, it can hardly be a surprise...

Link

He did seem a touch large in the picture they showed...apparently the paramedics had

to break in...

Leon Niemczyk, Polish actor who starred in Roman Polanski's 'Knife in the Water'. has died of lung cancer.

He was married six times and had no children, One of his wives was Cuban another wife was German and yet another was Yugoslavian (don't know where the other three were from) . Interviewed in 2004, he said he would like to marry an Eskimo lady :lol:

Link

He did seem a touch large in the picture they showed...apparently the paramedics had

to break in...

Along with my dubious obsessions with European Royal history and Formula 1, I'm a Doctor Who fan as well. I never read any of Hinton's books, as the reviews I saw said they were no good. One book was called "GodEngine" - the reviewer in Doctor Who Magazine said it should have been called "GodAwful". Hinton was the Comic Book guy from the Simpsons, though thankfully without the pretentiousness. Not that the Doctor Who book authoring world is short of the pretentious. One (former, I may add) Who novelist, Lawrence 'Mad Larry' Miles has spent his time filling up a website with bitter denunciations of the new Doctor Who TV series, apparently because the producers turned down his scripts.

When I read of Hinton's death on Outpost Gallifrey, I thought at first it would have been AIDS (Hinton, in common with an awful lot of Who fans, was gay), but the "Who (writer?) ate all the pies" pictures of him said otherwise. Apparently, Craig was good at hard living and bad at looking after himself. The last few months had been not good for him and his friends are not saying any more.

Just one more peculiar note. There was, in the 80s, a short-lived Doctor Who companion called Kamelion, who was a robot. It failed because the only bloke who knew how to operate it died tragically in a speedboat accident. The man who voiced Kamelion, Gerald Flood, died soon after. The failed robot made one more appearance in Who to be written out. The writer of that story died of leukaemia in his forties 6 years later. The poor actor who had to be daubed in silver paint to play a more mobile version of Kamelion died in 1992, aged 45. It was about this time that fans started muttering about these coincidences - calling them 'The Curse of Kamelion'.

Now, to get to the point. Kamelion was not popular, and has been neglected by Doctor Who spin-off novelists. The first book, and only one to have Kamelion as a major part of it was 'The Crystal Bucephalus', written by Craig Hinton.

Link

to break in...

Along with my dubious obsessions with European Royal history and Formula 1, I'm a Doctor Who fan as well. I never read any of Hinton's books, as the reviews I saw said they were no good. One book was called "GodEngine" - the reviewer in Doctor Who Magazine said it should have been called "GodAwful". Hinton was the Comic Book guy from the Simpsons, though thankfully without the pretentiousness. Not that the Doctor Who book authoring world is short of the pretentious. One (former, I may add) Who novelist, Lawrence 'Mad Larry' Miles has spent his time filling up a website with bitter denunciations of the new Doctor Who TV series, apparently because the producers turned down his scripts.

When I read of Hinton's death on Outpost Gallifrey, I thought at first it would have been AIDS (Hinton, in common with an awful lot of Who fans, was gay), but the "Who (writer?) ate all the pies" pictures of him said otherwise. Apparently, Craig was good at hard living and bad at looking after himself. The last few months had been not good for him and his friends are not saying any more.

Just one more peculiar note. There was, in the 80s, a short-lived Doctor Who companion called Kamelion, who was a robot. It failed because the only bloke who knew how to operate it died tragically in a speedboat accident. The man who voiced Kamelion, Gerald Flood, died soon after. The failed robot made one more appearance in Who to be written out. The writer of that story died of leukaemia in his forties 6 years later. The poor actor who had to be daubed in silver paint to play a more mobile version of Kamelion died in 1992, aged 45. It was about this time that fans started muttering about these coincidences - calling them 'The Curse of Kamelion'.

Now, to get to the point. Kamelion was not popular, and has been neglected by Doctor Who spin-off novelists. The first book, and only one to have Kamelion as a major part of it was 'The Crystal Bucephalus', written by Craig Hinton.

Spooky.... :lol:

Yeah, I remember the 'Godawful line'. He used to review Dr Who books himself didn't he?

Back in the days when it was unfashionable...

Note to Russell T 'don't bring back Kamelion if you value your life'. And not forgetting the producer who thought it was a good idea to have Kamelion in the show in the first place, John Nathan-Turner - died 2001... :rip:

Darren 'Wiz' Brown, singer with the Mega City 4 has died of a brain clot aged 44.

Brown passed away on December 6 after suffering a blood clot on the brain. He had been taken ill at a rehearsal earlier in the week and died at St Georges Hospital in Tooting, south London.

I used to live just down the road from St George's Hospital

Darren 'Wiz' Brown, singer with the Mega City 4 has died of a brain clot aged 44.

Was never a MC4 fan but this, and Martin Gilkes and Tony Ogden's deaths a few months ago, makes me feel sad to see pop stars from less than 15 years ago begin to cark it.

South Korean equestrian Kim Hyung-chil, 47, crushed to death under his horse competing in the Asian Games.

Harry Leyland, former stalwart footballer and Wigan Athletic manager has died, aged 76.

Obit

Footballers are a funny breed for DDP, DL etc. They seem to die earlier, but picking which ones is mightily difficult. Then when you pick the older ones, they just keep going!!

Harry Leyland, former stalwart footballer and Wigan Athletic manager has died, aged 76.

Obit

Footballers are a funny breed for DDP, DL etc. They seem to die earlier, but picking which ones is mightily difficult. Then when you pick the older ones, they just keep going!!

Was that 'the one' OoO?

The actor Anthony Jackson, best known to 30-somethings as Fred Mumford from Rentaghost, has died of cancer :ghost3:

That makes all three original leads now dead :)

*insert joke about ghosts here*

The actor Anthony Jackson, best known to 30-somethings as Fred Mumford from Rentaghost, has died of cancer :)

rentaghost.jpg

My memory is hazy;-

Which one's Jackson and who is dead?

According to IMDB, Michael Staniforth, Michael Darbyshire, Molly Weir, Anthony Jackson, Edward Brayshaw, Kenneth Connor, Betty Alberge, Elisabeth Day are all dead. :ghost3:

So, of that picture, am I right in thinking from left to right, :rip: , :rip: alive, alive (Dobbin), :rip: (witch), :rip: alive (Popov), alive?, :rip: ???