VSBfromH

Not Exactly Famous...

the Australian playwright Alex Bozo has died at 61

regards,

iain

Iain,

Why don't you just log in and post under your own name?

His posts are under Mod preview

regards,

iain

Iain,

If he doesn't stop posting as a guest to get by the Mod preview, it may be a good idea to ban his IP.

There is no point in repremanding him if he's going to find a way around it...

regards,

iain

Iain,

ahhh that would explain the shortlived thread of his requesting to be a moderator to get his own back on those that chastize him for posting every Tom, Dick and Harry that dies

Guest Guest_iain_*

regards,

iain

Iain,

coz I been banned innit

Look you fool, as I explained in that PM you have not been banned, you are on mod approval.

If you start posting as a guest, I will campaign to have your IP banned.

Guest Guest_iain_*

legendary Bngladeshi poet Shamsur rahman has died tonight

Guest Guest_iain_*
Look you fool, as I explained in that PM you have not been banned, you are on mod approval.

are there any forum rules that state that I cant post as a guest if I choose?

Milton Kaye, pianist. Died aged 97

Never heard of him, but he has to be admired for his versatility:

"Gave U.S. Premiere of Shostakovich's 1st Piano Concerto"

"toured war zones with violinist Jascha Heifetz"

"wrote theme music for the TV quiz show 'Concentration,'"

"His broadcasting credits included... "The Rootie Kazootie Show," for which he played the organ."

Milton Kaye can't say I'd heard of him either and there is a problem with some people like him that they're so old and so off the radar that those editing the likes of the Wikipedia haven't heard of them either. Shame, interesting fella. As Emlyn Hughes might have said: 'The lad done tremendous.'

are there any forum rules that state that I cant post as a guest if I choose?

Yes, the unwritten deathlist rules states that pricks like you are not allowed to post as guests.

Lets face it, you know that you have been put on mod approval and this guest stunt is just a way for you to continue being an ass. You shant get away with it.

Thus if it continues, I will push for you to be banned.

By the way iain, those moderators who support you - they've gone quiet all of a sudden.

I dunno, I do something outrageous and out of character like a couple of day's work and look what happens when I get back here.

Iain's in trouble again and Windsor's on the warpath again, wearing a kilt and flexing his moderate muscle.

I miss this place when I'm not here you know.

I dunno, I do something outrageous and out of character like a couple of day's work and look what happens when I get back here.

Iain's in trouble again and Windsor's on the warpath again, wearing a kilt and flexing his moderate muscle.

I miss this place when I'm not here you know.

Ofcourse I'm on the warpath, I'm always on the warpath!

Ofcourse Iains in trouble, he's always in trouble!

Less of the kilt wearing though, I only do that at weddings....

Not exactly dead but .... the guy who's sat next to me for 9 years has been made redundant this morning. It was he who recommended Deathlist to me. A sad sad day. :D

Not exactly dead but .... the guy who's sat next to me for 9 years has been made redundant this morning. It was he who recommended Deathlist to me. A sad sad day. :D

that's a total downer, I've been made redundant twice. Hopefully after the amount of time he's been with the company he'll get a decent package.

that's a total downer, I've been made redundant twice. Hopefully after the amount of time he's been with the company he'll get a decent package.

I think he got a good pay-off. The saddest thing of all is that I might have to pick up some of his work!

John Locke the keyboardist for Spirit died on the August 4th. He was 63.

People might have heard of the band, but probably not of John Locke.

I remember reading one poll regarding cover versions of Bob Dylan songs, that one cover version of a Dylan song was ranked amongst the top 10 worst covers. Alongside Shatner's version of Mr Tambourine Man

I believe it was their version of The Times They are a-changin' but I'd have to have a check at home.

Re Spirit: I posted some information about Ed Cassidy - their drummer - on the dead drummers thread. At this rate 83 year old Ed will be the last of the classic line up to die. It's down to him, Jay Ferguson and Mark Andes now. The cover version in question is Times They Are...from Spirit of 76 although, TBH, I think this very unfair. The band always worked partly in a jazz tradition so they tended to re-invent stuff rather than cover it. Spirit of 76 is a stoney classic of its kind, they don't do Dylan the way he intended but they do him with a sense of life and adventure.

Re Spirit: I posted some information about Ed Cassidy - their drummer - on the dead drummers thread. At this rate 83 year old Ed will be the last of the classic line up to die. It's down to him, Jay Ferguson and Mark Andes now. The cover version in question is Times They Are...from Spirit of 76 although, TBH, I think this very unfair. The band always worked partly in a jazz tradition so they tended to re-invent stuff rather than cover it. Spirit of 76 is a stoney classic of its kind, they don't do Dylan the way he intended but they do him with a sense of life and adventure.

MFPC,

I'd really need to double check at home with regards to the actual song that was covered, I have it on a compilation disc somewhere. One thing I remember about the compilation that it's on is that it features another of the worst covers of a Dylan song which was Melanie's version of Lay Lady Lay.

The vocals on the Spirit cover that I remember were done very much like a whisper. It's a strange cover and I guess it didn't go down too well with the critics. I don't mind it myself, but I'd have to listen to it a few times again.

One of my favourite covers is by New Riders of The Purple Sage and it's their version of Dusty Old Fairgrounds. Quite a lively number. I also like Lou Reed's version of Foot of Pride

He's sat next to you for 9 years? Is he your stalker?!

He's sat next to you for 9 years? Is he your stalker?!

You had better start working, Lady Die. You could be next!

I'll openly admit I have no idea who is this person is, but according to the obituary, he was a regular on British TV only a few years back. I'd be interested to know if anyone here has heard of him as he's committed suicide:

Timothy Hadcock-Mackay.

Obit

I'll openly admit I have no idea who is this person is, but according to the obituary, he was a regular on British TV only a few years back. I'd be interested to know if anyone here has heard of him as he's committed suicide:

Timothy Hadcock-Mackay.

Obit

I have no idea who he was, but I think I like him.