VSBfromH

Not Exactly Famous...

*Ahem* Back to my suggestion, what do the mods think of a single thread for reporting deaths, as per my arguments above?

Also, if they could move the nonsense to the Iain thread, it would muchly be appreciate.

At least a few of us here find it entertaining! :(

So was any moderatoraly consideration given to my suggestion, or did NAP use his only pastry break to close my (at least for some of us) highly entertaining thread?

*Ahem* Back to my suggestion, what do the mods think of a single thread for reporting deaths, as per my arguments above?

Also, if they could move the nonsense to the Iain thread, it would muchly be appreciate.

At least a few of us here find it entertaining! :(

So was any moderatoraly consideration given to my suggestion, or did NAP use his only pastry break to close my (at least for some of us) highly entertaining thread?

The system isn't quite broken enough to require fixing. And who doesn't enjoy a good "is he famous enough" debate?

At least a few of us here find it entertaining! :lol:

The system isn't quite broken enough to require fixing. And who doesn't enjoy a good "is he famous enough" debate?

Fair enough, just thought I'd put it out there.

By the way, I hope I don't get a serious warning for the pastry break comment. I'm trying to channel my daily frustrations through comments that sound insulting but really aren't. With my luck though, it's probably some sort of ultimate insult across the pond. :P

By the way, I hope I don't get a serious warning for the pastry break comment. I'm trying to channel my daily frustrations through comments that sound insulting but really aren't. With my luck though, it's probably some sort of ultimate insult across the pond. :P

I for one didn't understand the pastry break comment. Not an insult in the UK as far as I know, but as it was so viciously directed at Notapotato perhaps we should ask if he took any umbrage.

Al "the Savage Slav" Hostak who won the World Middlewieght title in 1938 has died at the age of 90 following complications from a stroke

I for one didn't understand the pastry break comment. Not an insult in the UK as far as I know, but as it was so viciously directed at Notapotato perhaps we should ask if he took any umbrage.

I don't understand "pastry break" either. I'm sure it's not important, and surely wasn't meant as an insult.

I can't remember if I deleted your thread. I do occasionally delete threads which aren't up to Deathlist's high standards, so it's not inconcievable.

I've had my say on this subject before, and swore not to bring it up again, but since It obviously bears repeating, I'll state my case once again.

1) I agree there's no need for more than one near misses thread, but it'd be far too complicated to combine the two we have, so let's just leave things the way they are, please not create any more, and for pity's sake stop endlessly and needlessly discussing it. If the discussion about a particular celeb goes on a bit longer, then it can be made into a thread of its own later at the discretion of the moderators.

2) I consider any discussion of whether this corpse or that one is famous enough for one thread or the other or not to be a complete pain in the arse, and an annoying and unnecessary waste of space. That's why I don't read them. It's not what deathlist.net is about. Cowboy Ronnie says he sees that differently, but I suspect he's being sarcastic.

1) I agree there's no need for more than one near misses thread, but it'd be far too complicated to combine the two we have, so let's just leave things the way they are, please not create any more, and for pity's sake stop endlessly and needlessly discussing it. If the discussion about a particular celeb goes on a bit longer, then it can be made into a thread of its own later at the discretion of the moderators.

I only brought it up because there was a third one created, in the main catagory of threads...

Guest iain

Hurley Rudd -Florida state politician for many years-is dead

and top accordian pl;ayer Anthony Gall rini is dead at 102

(youve probably gathered by now that ive decided to go back to reporting the deaths of any remotely famous peole since theres a complete absence of any properly famous people dying lately.I apologise in advance for anyone that this irritates.Ive also decidd to switch to a new site called Legacy.com rather than wikipedia a smy main source of news)

:lol: Must be on a few dead pool teams with that high a profile. Although at only 69 I wasn't expecting Lacy to depart for a few more years myself..

:D Must be on a few dead pool teams with that high a profile. Although at only 69 I wasn't expecting Lacy to depart for a few more years myself..

Just in... Chet Atkisson a retired Electrical Estimator from Phoenix, Arizona has died

John L. Bull self-taught ornithologist, author and research assistant at The American Museum of Natural History, has died at the age of 92.

Robert Hebeler, a 49-year-old vice president of the online auction company E-Bay has been killed in a bicycle accident

Heather Clarke, the wife of golfer Darren Clarke has died.

uh, pretty sure that's been reported elsewhere on the site, what with it being two day old news and all.....

The IRA lads that nabbed Shergar did more or less the same thing, spent ages chasing ransom money when they offed the poor horse in the first day because none of them could control him.

I only caught the last part of the crawler on CNN saying that someone had died at the age of 95 from Alzheimer's

Anyone any idea who it was that died. I've checked other sites and can't find anything reported just yet

Guest Guest
I only caught the last part of the crawler on CNN saying that someone had died at the age of 95 from Alzheimer's

Anyone any idea who it was that died. I've checked other sites and can't find anything reported just yet

this may answer your question

regards,

iain

this may answer your question

Thank you, Masked Man!!

It was bugging me for hours waiting for it to appear on the crawler again :D

Guest Guest

the Australian playwright Alex Bozo has died at 61

regards,

iain

The final curtain has fallen alright but it was Alex BUZO.

Floyd Landis' step-father-in-law has topped himself.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews....;archived=False

I wonder if Floyd has any guilt issues at the minute, although it's a bit of a reach for the step-father in law to claim he's so embarrassed about someone he's only barely related to. It's sorta like that Juventus guy who jumped out of a window yet he wasn't even really involved in the match-fixing scandal.

the Australian playwright Alex Bozo has died at 61

regards,

iain

Iain,

Why don't you just log in and post under your own name?

Australian wine guru Len Evans has died at the age of 75. Author of the book Complete Book of Australian Wine