VSBfromH

Not Exactly Famous...

Dewey Redman, jazz saxophonist, died on Saturday, aged 75.

Apologies if spotted already (I do search the forum, but for some reason (perhaps my own fault) things don't always seem to appear, even though they exist (sic!?))

Alphonsin, if you use the search at the top it's a bit hit and miss. The search on My Assistant seems to do the job mind.

Dewey Redman, jazz saxophonist, died on Saturday, aged 75.

Apologies if spotted already (I do search the forum, but for some reason (perhaps my own fault) things don't always seem to appear, even though they exist (sic!?))

No, that happens sometimes.

I mean we had a whole thread about Mike Peters of the Alarm, but when it came to finding news that he'd recovered, the whole thread had disappeared, so I had to post the news in another general thread.

and yes, I think you are the first to inform us of Mr. Redman's demise. Sterling work!

Lieutenant-Colonel J. F. Peter Miller, inventor of the remote-controlled Wheelbarrow bomb disposal device, died on September 2, aged 94.

I mean we had a whole thread about Mike Peters of the Alarm, but when it came to finding news that he'd recovered, the whole thread had disappeared, so I had to post the news in another general thread.

Ah, the Mike Peters thread, that was deleted by GR due to some rather angry emails, supposedly from a friend of Mr. Peters.

Ah, the Mike Peters thread, that was deleted by GR due to some rather angry emails, supposedly from a friend of Mr. Peters.

Caused some alarm did we...? :unsure:

Caused some alarm did we...? :unsure:

I didn't realise there was a seperate thred on Mike Peters. I know I mentioned it in the ideas & possiblities thread back towards the beginning of the year.

I never said I was his friend.

Willi Ninja, dancer and choreographer, died on Saturday, aged 42, from a suspected HIV/Aids-related illness. He choreographed the video to Madonna's hit Vogue (and had invented "vogueing", apparently, that silly thing that Madonna does in the video). :unsure:

Willi Ninja, dancer and choreographer, died on Saturday, aged 42, from a suspected HIV/Aids-related illness. He choreographed the video to Madonna's hit Vogue (and had invented "vogueing", apparently, that silly thing that Madonna does in the video). :unsure:

Willi Ninja! :blink:

What a fantastically silly name, he deserves kudos for that alone.

Anne Gregg has died of cancer aged 66

Used to present "The Holiday Programme" on BBC1

Shame. A very nice lady, I met her once. <_<

Agreed, Anne always came across as very dignified but also friendly.

I don't think she should be languishing in the Not Exactly Famous thread, she really belongs in the Near Miss thread, she was a presenter of a Primetime TV show for many years.

I don't think she should be languishing in the Not Exactly Famous thread, she really belongs in the Near Miss thread, she was a presenter of a Primetime TV show for many years.

I posted it on the "near misses" thread this morning. Didn't check if it was here already.

I considered putting her in "Near Misses" but relented. Although I considered her to be reasonably famous, she didn't seem to have much of an "internet presence". Anyway, if I had put her there, I'm sure I would have just got people complaining that she wasn't famous enough, you know how it is on here!

Former BBC Radio 3 controller Sir John Drummond has died at the age of 71

Dr James Hawthorne former BBC controller for Northern Ireland has died at the age of 74

Dr James Hawthorne former BBC controller for Northern Ireland has died at the age of 74

Ann Gregg was from Northern Ireland, John Drummond was a former BBC Controller. Obviously, we should have seen this one coming!

Belgian, Remy Belvaux, director of the cult film Man Bites Dog,

has died aged 38.

Has Gorgot neeb nitivired I knwor he had a thing foir Helfgians although not alwaqy s belgIan chocolatere.

Australia's bad week continues, with racing driver Peter Brock dead. Bloody hell, who's next? Rolf Harris?

and I certainly didn't see that one coming. A great shame. :P

Barry Humphries would be more likely to go before Rolf Harris. Even though Barry Humphries is 4 years younger than Rolf Harris, he's had a few health problems, notably related to alcoholism.

Australia's bad week continues, with racing driver Peter Brock dead. Bloody hell, who's next? Rolf Harris?

and I certainly didn't see that one coming. A great shame. :P

Barry Humphries would be more likely to go before Rolf Harris. Even though Barry Humphries is 4 years younger than Rolf Harris, he's had a few health problems, notably related to alcoholism.

Are Humphries and Harris really Australians any more?

They've both lived in the UK for decades.

Who's the next real Australian likely to die?

My money would be on Gough Whitlam.