Magere Hein

The Deathlist Howto

Here's an example

That should be a link to Pedro Knight's death. But when I click it it goes to a page of guff.

You've got the http:// in twice. I've left it on your post, but corrected it on this post. Would you prefer me to correct yours?

Ah right, thanks for that. I knew it would be something simple that I had missed, I'm very much a technodunce. I'll go and have another play and see if I can get it right next time. :D

• Like 1

You've got the http:// in twice. I've left it on your post, but corrected it on this post. Would you prefer me to correct yours?

Recipe so amended.

regards,

Hein

Much more of a general 'howto' rather than a DL one, but if anyone can pm me an answer (and remove this post if deemed neccessary) then great.

I wish to make a t-shirt with the 'hoover' logo on it. But, I can't find one big enough on the net for T-Shirt purposes. Therefore does anybody know: -

1) if there is a place where I can find a bigger jpeg, gif etc. of the hoover logo?

2) if there is already such a t-shirt available?

3) if not, is it easy to 'upscale' an image without it going horribly blocky, even if a bit of basic art work is required? I'm next to useless with art packages as I never use them, but I've got photoshop CS if that's any good? This is as good as I can find on the internet: -

_41293454_hoover_203.jpgHooverlogo.png

Sorry for putting this on here, but I know alot of you are pretty computer literate (give me a nesting of excel formulae to do and I'm on less shaky ground!) and I've run out of ideas; it's beginning to get rather urgent.

Regards,

TLC

Much more of a general 'howto' rather than a DL one, but if anyone can pm me an answer (and remove this post if deemed neccessary) then great.

I wish to make a t-shirt with the 'hoover' logo on it. But, I can't find one big enough on the net for T-Shirt purposes. Therefore does anybody know: -

1) if there is a place where I can find a bigger jpeg, gif etc. of the hoover logo?

2) if there is already such a t-shirt available?

3) if not, is it easy to 'upscale' an image without it going horribly blocky, even if a bit of basic art work is required? I'm next to useless with art packages as I never use them, but I've got photoshop CS if that's any good? This is as good as I can find on the internet: -

_41293454_hoover_203.jpgHooverlogo.png

Sorry for putting this on here, but I know alot of you are pretty computer literate (give me a nesting of excel formulae to do and I'm on less shaky ground!) and I've run out of ideas; it's beginning to get rather urgent.

Regards,

TLC

I like this logo - it has a fifties feel to it. The T-shirt probably does exist in some grubby Camden establishment. However I doubt anyone would want to volunteer to go into the lions den unless they had a long manky stick to beat the hoards of grumpy angst riddled teenagers out the way.

hoover.jpg

Ta very much; much bigger size than my ones, although ideally I'd like it to be bigger. I was looking for one that'd go most of the way across the chest?

However, this one is good enough to save the day.

bighoover.jpg

Better?

Not sure it'd survive being increased any more than that.

I can do a slightly bigger one if you like. But as NAP mentions, there's a limit. What colour of background do you want, if any?

Try this link. I think photobucket may have sized it down, but that one has no background. Remember to save it as .gif or .png (better quality) to keep the transparent background.

Ta very much Cap'n & NAP, I'm sure the Hoover Logo is now large enough for me to create a suitably naff t-shirt using one of those t-shirt creation websites. Now I just need to make sure the site I use doesn't have copyright issues, I think ebay might be useful for that.

I will post a photo of the finished article in a few weeks time, like it or not. If you're very lucky it'll be me modelling it. Well, I'll be the one wearing it anyway. :)

What a tremendous 750th post from me right here, I don't feel at all embarrassed to say... :)

Since the site had its upgrade I no longer know how to ignore specific posters. I don't like the idea of ignoring other posters but the continuing stream of drivel from one poster is undermining the whole forum. Where can I find the ignore button? If there is one I think it should be renamed the tosser button or could posts emanating from tossers be redirected in some way to a special tossers corner.

Since the site had its upgrade I no longer know how to ignore specific posters. I don't like the idea of ignoring other posters but the continuing stream of drivel from one poster is undermining the whole forum. Where can I find the ignore button?

Continuing steam of drivel from only one poster, Godot? I can think of many more, myself included. :D

Anyway, how to do it:-

At the top of the page, right hand corner you should see My Controls. Click on that, and you should see on the left hand column, under options, 'Manage Ignored Users', click on that & it will give you an option where you put the name you want to add ie Banshees Scream or dave, click on update Ignored Users & Voila!

:lol:

At the top of the page, right hand corner you should see My Controls. Click on that, and you should see on the left hand column, under options, 'Manage Ignored Users', click on that & it will give you an option where you put the name you want to add ie Banshees Scream or dave, click on update Ignored Users & Voila!

:lol:

A bit harsh on In Eternum+ that...

Since the site had its upgrade I no longer know how to ignore specific posters. I don't like the idea of ignoring other posters but the continuing stream of drivel from one poster is undermining the whole forum. Where can I find the ignore button? If there is one I think it should be renamed the tosser button or could posts emanating from tossers be redirected in some way to a special tossers corner.

It's even more fun to ignore him in deadchat, Godot.

A bit harsh on In Eternum+ that...

:P

Ooh, I don't know. There's only so much Claude Levi Strauss musing one can take........ :skull:

This is a howto question, but not about Deathlist. Can anyone give me foolproof simple instructions on how to set up my wireless router? I'm stupid and can't do it. I'm trying to connect my Virgin Broadband to another PC with a Philips Wireless Router and USB Adapter thing. I'm connecting the wires as per the instructions but it's not working. Any ideas?

This is a howto question, but not about Deathlist. Can anyone give me foolproof simple instructions on how to set up my wireless router? I'm stupid and can't do it. I'm trying to connect my Virgin Broadband to another PC with a Philips Wireless Router and USB Adapter thing. I'm connecting the wires as per the instructions but it's not working. Any ideas?

I've just spent a couple of days working on a similar problem.

I can't tell if the solution will be the same for you but my big discovery was that it's definitely better to have all the settings at 'detect automatically' rather than trying to set up IP addresses or even use the existing IPs. Go through all the settings in the router and in the IP protocol thingy in Windows and anything else you can find and make them automatic. That way, it doesn't matter if the router or the wireless adapter decides to allocate a different address which mine did regularly, God knows why!

Oh, and I also downloaded the latest software for the wireless adapter.

Good luck!

Get a fit man in :unsure:

how to set up my wireless router? ... I'm connecting the wires as per the instructions?

There's your problem. It's meant to be wireless, innit? :unsure:

how to set up my wireless router? ... I'm connecting the wires as per the instructions?

There's your problem. It's meant to be wireless, innit? :banghead:

:unsure: Class

There's your problem. It's meant to be wireless, innit? :unsure:

You're right! I put the router in the middle of the garden with nothing connected to it and now it all works fine........;-)

I'm beginning to wish I never had the dumb idea in the first place, but the children are now hassling me every five minutes 'is it connected, I NEED to speak to my friends on MSN that I've just spent eight hours at school with'. Grrrrr.

Am I the only f*****g person on this forum who has the decency to curtail excessively-long posts when quoting them? :crossbone:

Guest Guest

Probably a stupid question, but how, if 'tis possible, do you attach MP3 files to posts? I read that there was a new feature for doing so, but can't seem to find it.

Probably a stupid question, but how, if 'tis possible, do you attach MP3 files to posts? I read that there was a new feature for doing so, but can't seem to find it.

Below the main posting window there is a box with the option to browse beside it, click browse, select your mp3 then hit UPLOAD, once it's uploaded go to the box that says 'manage current attachments (1)', click the right hand arrow and select the icon that has a green plus sign, this attaches the mp3 to your post as inline text, hope this helps <_< .

P.S. You'll have to log in to post an mp3 though, guests don't have that option!

Edited by Lady Grendel

Guest Guest

Below the main posting window there is a box with the option to browse beside it, click browse, select your mp3 then hit UPLOAD, once it's uploaded go to the box that says 'manage current attachments (1)', click the right hand arrow and select the icon that has a green plus sign, this attaches the mp3 to your post as inline text, hope this helps <_< .

P.S. You'll have to log in to post an mp3 though, guests don't have that option!

Thank you kindly, O Lady of the North. Oddly enough, it seems that the option is only available in 2008 Names, and not in DL Forum or DL Ex-Curr. Not to worry.