Dr Strangelove

didtheydie.com[ments]

Is "didtheydie.com" a complete waste of server space  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recently the website didtheydie.com has been mentioned several time on the DeathList, personally I think it's a complete waste of time.

But what do the rest of you think?

Guest lived so lets die

Your right it's crap B)

It's not very informative or useful.

So therefore it's a waste of time.

Here are the results of my search for "The Queen Mother":

Queen Mum

I cannot be party to the harming of monkeys in the interest of having a working search facility.

Here are the results of my search for "The Queen Mother":

Queen Mum

I cannot be party to the harming of monkeys in the interest of having a working search facility.

:lol:

I looked at it and i saw nothing of intrest.

I looked at it and i saw nothing of intrest.

I second that. Can we close this thread now? :lol:

closed

[Given the responses below from deathwatch - opened & merged - Teddy]

We've just come across your poll and comments on didtheydie.com whilst doing a Google search, and though you have closed off the topic would like to respond to your comments.

Sorry you didn't all like it.

Sorry, in fact, that none of you seem to like it :(

To answer some direct points:

1. The Queen Mother (Gawd bless her etc.) ;) is in there, under her full name Elizabeth Bowes-Lion which is the name she had registered at William Hill. However we will get her "alias" ("The Queen Mother") entered into the database as soon as possible.

2. It does give you the real answer, however not until you have determined whether you think he/she is dead or alive. In this way you get to see who is alive, but at the same time who the public think are dead owing to their lack of media coverage/youth or talent.

3. The search facility handles mis-spellings pretty well actually. However as the site is in it's infancy there are only about 300 stiffs on there at present.

4. Failed searches are recorded and go into "workflow" to be included as soon as possible.

Despite the fact you generally don't like DTD your comments are extremely useful, so thank you. Perhaps it's not clear to users exactly how it works, and we need to make it clearer.

Regardless, if you have any suggestions for improvement (over and above "it's crud, close it down!!") we'd genuinely like to hear them, and will probably act on them.

Best regards and utmost respect to the "deathlist"

XT.

1. The Queen Mother (Gawd bless her etc.) ;) is in there, under her full name Elizabeth Bowes-Lion which is the name she had registered at William Hill. However we will get her "alias" ("The Queen Mother") entered into the database as soon as possible.

That's "Bowes-Lyon" if I'm very much mistaken.

I'm sure Windsor will correct me if I'm wrong.

How about reducing the size of your pages so they fit on the screen a bit better.

I have my monitor here at 1280x1024 and its still a pain in the arse scrolling up and down a page which actually doesn't have that much content.

Could be presented a bit better. More width and not so much height. That sort of thing. Good idea for a site though.

Are you really "Home of the Celebrity Morgue"?

1. The Queen Mother (Gawd bless her etc.)  :blink:  is in there, under her full name Elizabeth Bowes-Lion which is the name she had registered at William Hill.  However we will get her "alias" ("The Queen Mother") entered into the database as soon as possible.

That's "Bowes-Lyon" if I'm very much mistaken.

I'm sure Windsor will correct me if I'm wrong.

You're right Notapotato.

I got all excited because I finally had the chance to correct someone else's spelling. But you beat me too it. :(

;)

How about reducing the size of your pages so they fit on the screen a bit better.

I have my monitor here at 1280x1024 and its still a pain in the arse scrolling up and down a page which actually doesn't have that much content.

Could be presented a bit better. More width and not so much height. That sort of thing. Good idea for a site though.

Yes and yes. Thanks for your ideas, and expect something to be done in the next week!

You've got somebody listed called Yuel Brenner.

Did you mean Yul Brynner.

I think it's supposed to be Yule Brenner, but don't know this one. Will have to ask the responsible party, who, I have it on good authority, is probably blind drunk right at the moment. Best ask tomorrow, eh.

Had a look and it seems useless yet harmless.No competition for us whatsoever.

Definitely a waste of space.

Joey Ramone is 'most hated' dead. Therefore I hate them and therefore the site is a waste of space.

Joey Ramone is 'most hated' dead. Therefore I hate them and therefore the site is a waste of space.

May be a perverse double-negative old bean, as in to hate the fact that a person is dead...or summat.

Had a troll through it, brought up names of people who I knew were dead. I like the reply when you vote they are still alive (even though you know the're dead). I might go back on it.

FYI I voted for the last option in this poll

I just voted for the last option and I've never even accessed the site!

I just voted for the last option and I've never even accessed the site!

Try it Josco, it's not as bad as post-twuntdom :pop: