Tempus Fugit

Tony Banks

The BBC are reporting that Tony Banks is gravely ill, having suffered a stroke.

Lord Tony Banks, a possible candidate for the near miss thread. Suffered a stroke.

{merged, looks like you beat me by seconds Tempus}

I am responding to HCW's Banks post..

Lord Tony Banks, a possible candidate for the near miss thread. Suffered a stroke.

{merged, looks like you beat me by seconds Tempus}

It was certainly very close.

This has been a very bad/good few days for political deaths and near deaths.

Could Tony Banks be next? BBC breaking news alert:

"Former Sports minister Lord Tony Banks is gravely ill after suffering a stroke, a family friend says"

[Moved to Tony Banks thread - ff]

Could Tony Banks be next? BBC breaking news alert:

"Former Sports minister Lord Tony Banks is gravely ill after suffering a stroke, a family friend says"

Sorry, forgot to log in, this was me.

Posted 10 minutes before you here.

P.S. he's not dead yet, so you've posted in the wrong thread :lol:

Strokes are obviously in big time this year :lol:

Come on , Maggie....

Guest iain

the doctors are saying the outlook for him is ,very bleak'...looks like 2006 is going to be a bad year for Labour politicians ,what with the deaths of Philip Whitehead MEP, Lord Merlyn Rees and Rachel Squire MP in the past week ,and now almost certainly Tony banks..if i was Tony Blair I would retire now while i still had the chance! (esp considering his father hasd a massive stroke in his 50s and his mother died of cancer in her 50s )

The BBC are reporting that Tony Banks is gravely ill, having suffered a stroke.

And here is the link:

Ex-minister Banks 'gravely ill'

I wonder how long until someone starts a poll "Banks vs. Sharon, who will go first?" :lol:

Guest iain

Sky News now saying hes 'clinically brain dead' so look slike his family will switch off life support at any time.Hes gone

Sky News now saying hes 'clinically brain dead' so look slike his family will switch off life support at any time.Hes gone

iain, can you post a link? I have not been able to find any confirmation that he is clinically brain dead.

Regards,

ff

I wonder what caused his stroke, Banks is/was a bit of a fitness fanatic,

Maybe it was DVT, whatever, that's one holiday his Missus isn't going to forget.

I wonder how long until someone starts a poll "Banks vs. Sharon, who will go first?" 

What a tease CP, Banks I reckon. Sharon will soldier on in a PSV, persistent vegetative state. I reckon they'll keep him alive - even if artificially - until after the Israeli elections are finished.

Source?

According to Nick Robinson, BBC's political correspondent, Banks isn't on a life support machine, so far from turning it off, it appears they haven't turned it on yet. Source - the BBC article.

Besides all the dead Labour people of this week, how many of his cabinet (past & present) have died during his term in power. Unusually high....

Sky News certainly were saying that he was 'clinically dead', but they now seemed to have upgraded it to "the outlook is bleak".

big difference between bleak and dead.......what next? Snakes and dragons are the same? But as mentioned it would have been good of Iain to include a link otherwise it's parlor gossip.

big difference between bleak and dead.......what next?  Snakes and dragons are the same?  But as mentioned it would have been good of Iain to include a link otherwise it's parlor gossip.

Sky news link

Accoreding to that one HCW, Mr. Banks is according to his colleague Nick Robinson, not on a life support machine but is "apparently a victim of paralysis"

I wish he would ffffing wake up and tell us whats going on or else just cash in his

chips.

I was referring to the BBC ink HCW had before it edited out into the sky.

Accoreding to that one HCW, Mr. Banks is according to his colleague Nick Robinson, not on a life support machine  but is "apparently a victim of paralysis"

I wish he would ffffing wake up and tell us whats going on or else just cash in his

chips.

I was referring to the BBC ink HCW had before it edited out into the sky.

Oops, sorry Bruno. After I posted the BBC one, I checked TF's and FF's link and found it was the same as mine, so I went to the sky site. Looks like they "crossed in the post" :electr2:

Fascinating re Banks, had missed that while getting pissed watching Ipcress File and a great telly evening devoted to len Deighton (who may himself be a deathlist candidate had he not flitted to California where everyone lives 10 years longer). On Banks, however, does anyone have him? Methinks not.