Sign in to follow this  
Death Watch Beatle

Death Related Trivia And Facts

Undertakers report that it takes longer than ever before for a body to decompose. This is attributed to the mountains of preservatives now in the food that we eat. It is these preservatives that carry on doing their job even after death.

Anyone got any other snippets of useless death related trivia?

DWB :dead:

No.1 on google.

Death Trivia

That's good news for the "best before" stamp on the coffin.

Marc Bolan's last recording was "Tie a purple mini 'round an old oak tree"

Guest God Of Turds & Man Breasts
Undertakers report that it takes longer than ever before for a body to decompose.

How the F**k would they know? Do they dig people up to see how the decomposition is doing>

A lot of caskets now come with warranties, ranging from 10 years to 'lifetime'.

Hatchet man Marc Bolan's last recording was "Tie a purple mini 'round an old oak tree"

Marc Bolan's on the radio

He's on the windscreen and dashboard too!

Perhaps not 100% death related, but today is coincidently Rob Zombie's 40th birthday and the 40th anniversary of Batman.

Huzzah to Adam West!

Proof were it needed, that burial costs have gone up by 61% since 2000,

Those undertakers must be making a killing. It's no wonder cremation is the choice of most in the UK.

Undertakers report that it takes longer than ever before for a body to decompose.

How the F**k would they know? Do they dig people up to see how the decomposition is doing>

There is actually a body farm in Knoxville, Tennessee where they study human decomposition. This article from cnn is old (2000), but it does tell an interesting story. Here is the link:

Pastoral putrefaction down on the Body Farm

There is actually a body farm in Knoxville, Tennessee where they study human decomposition. This article from cnn is old (2000), but it does tell an interesting story. Here is the link:

Pastoral putrefaction down on the Body Farm

Patrica Cornwell writes about it in her detective book, Body Farm.

Can you still be buried at sea ? I like the idea of becoming fishfood after my demise.

Can you still be buried at sea ? I like the idea of becoming fishfood after my demise.

Apparently so, with special permission..

"It is, of course, inevitable that when a body is buried at sea it is liable to be subject to movement by currents, with the consequent risk that it may be returned to the shore, or even the unfortunate possibility of it being trawled up by fishing gear. Such situations cause considerable distress to relatives and friends of the deceased and indeed, also to those who may inadvertently encounter such a situation.

In view of such risks, there are very few places around the coast where sea burials are permitted. Indeed, the licensing authority normally recommends that, rather than burial of the body at sea, consideration should be given to the scattering at sea of cremation ashes. This alternative does not require a licence issued under the Food and Environment Protection Act 1985."

Can you still be buried at sea ? 

yup. Join the Russian navy.

Such situations cause considerable distress to .... who may inadvertently encounter such a situation.

That would be perfect. :lol:

It's difficult - however quicky you dig the grave it keeps filling itself in again.

Can you still be buried at sea ? 

yup. Join the Russian navy.

Try selling drugs in Glasgow. All will be arranged.

Drumchapel, Possilpark or Easterhouse?

Been there before and was lucky to get out alive, even without selling drugs.

I don't think they like English people there very much (especially drunken young Englishmen gloating over England beating Scotland at Euro '96)

Drumchapel, Possilpark or Easterhouse?

Been there before and was lucky to get out alive, even without selling drugs.

I don't think they like English people there very much (especially drunken young Englishmen gloating over England beating Scotland at Euro '96)

Whilst living in Dennistoun (east central Glasgow) some years ago, I once saw a man being chased down the street, in broad daylight, by another man wielding a claw hammer. I figured it was either drugs-related, or some family dispute over how to correctly put up a shelf had spilled out onto the street.

As the theme tune to "Taggart" used to espouse, "it's no mean city".

You mean the sad bastard football fans are still doing that? [can't find the emoticon for shaking my head in disbelief now that football has taken a further leap into perpetual shiteness/]

Mary Roach wrote a quirky little book about what people do with themselves when they died called "Stiff." It's light-hearted fare.

I too would recommend "Stiff" it is a great little read.

Also the "Fireside book of death " (Not sure who wrote it) is also a good book for anyone interested in ways of mummification and length of decomposition - This book was a particular favourite during my teenage years.