Sign in to follow this  
Lady Die

Mode Of Death

What an awfully morbid thread, Lady D! :eshock:

Well done :o

Of course it's morbid! This is the Deathlist after all! :D

It'd be fun to be burned as a heretic or fighting a lion.

I wonder if that's what going to happen to this person. :D Hard to believe we live in the 21st century sometimes.

(Apologies if link has been posted elsewhere)

I would definitely prefer dying peacefully in my sleep.

However, I have always had a fear of drowning or being strangled. IMO, I believe that the way we die is based on our fears. I developed this opinion a long time ago when Natalie Wood died - she always had a fear of dark water and drowning. So, maybe it is kind of lame to base my opinion on one occurrence, but I'm sure there are "others" out there who died in a way that they feared the most.

I have heard that a fairly common gypsey curse is to ensure people will die the way they fear most so you could be right. I wonder if James Dean was frightened of dying in a car accident and Sal Mineo(spelling?) was frightened of being murdered. If so it might be true that Rebel Without a Cause was cursed.

Dying from a heart attack while having sex has always appealed to me, but I'd guess it's hard to arrange.

regards,

Hein

I developed this opinion a long time ago when Natalie Wood died - she always had a fear of dark water and drowning.

Reminds me of that ever hilarious riddle "what type of wood doesn't float?"

I would definitely prefer dying peacefully in my sleep.

However, I have always had a fear of drowning or being strangled. IMO, I believe that the way we die is based on our fears. I developed this opinion a long time ago when Natalie Wood died - she always had a fear of dark water and drowning. So, maybe it is kind of lame to base my opinion on one occurrence, but I'm sure there are "others" out there who died in a way that they feared the most.

I have heard that a fairly common gypsey curse is to ensure people will die the way they fear most so you could be right. I wonder if James Dean was frightened of dying in a car accident and Sal Mineo(spelling?) was frightened of being murdered. If so it might be true that Rebel Without a Cause was cursed.

Interesting point about James Dean. I did a little research and found this information about his view about death.

"He had no fear of death because he believed, as I do, that death is merely a control of mind over matter."

This statement was made by a minister with whom Dean was close to. However, I think the gypsy curse point you brought up is interesting - probably worth looking into!

Delete ranter

Reminds me of that ever hilarious riddle "what type of wood doesn't float?"

An example would be Tabeluia Serratifolia, one of the so called 'iron woods'.

Definitely not like this!

Those crazy MacDonalds managers eh? He has matched his 5-starred badge worn in life with a 5 star method of death. Da da da da daaaa, I'm lovin' it! etc. :lol:

Latex body bags and hoods are typically used in S&M sex and role-play and are becoming popular on the UK fetish scene. They usually come with health warnings, highlighting the dangers of suffocation or overheating.

Continuing the McD link, is that warning not about as pointless as the 'Caution: HOT' warning that has to be put on the side of a McCoffee/McApple pie? :)

Continuing the McD link, is that warning not about as pointless as the 'Caution: HOT' warning that has to be put on the side of a McCoffee/McApple pie? :lol:

well TLC, you must be something of a newbie to the forum, as there was a fascinating debate last year about the McDonald's coffee law suit, in which a woman scalded by a cup of McDonald's coffee she had placed between her legs while driving won a fairly hefty payout. Although it was arguable she shouldn't have got a penny due to her own stupidity, the broader point emerged that McDonald's used to serve their coffee at abnormally high, and therefore potentially dangerous, temperatures. The only foodstuff hotter than McDonald's coffee known to man is the McDonald's apple pie, whose delicious sweet centre has been known to reach upwards of 4,000 degrees F. Ergo, the warning labels, presumably to help McDonald's avoid litigation when someone sets fire to their tongue.

well TLC, you must be something of a newbie to the forum..

[snip]

..The only foodstuff hotter than McDonald's coffee known to man is the McDonald's apple pie, whose delicious sweet centre has been known to reach upwards of 4,000 degrees F. Ergo, the warning labels, presumably to help McDonald's avoid litigation when someone sets fire to their tongue.

Apologies Cowboy Ronnie, I wasn't very clear there, it happens when I try & inflict humour into my posts.

I'm fairly new & missed the debate last year, but I am aware of reasons for the MacDonalds warnings.

I was just trying to show how warning someone who uses S&M latex bodybags that the bags might cause suffocation was as silly as the apple pie/coffee warning, but am aware that these things are in reality necessary to avoid litigation. Like packets of nuts having Warning: May Contain Nuts written on the side of the pack. Necessary but daft.

Actually, the warning on the body bag is more likey to increase misuse in this situation.. :lol:

ps would those temperatures mean McDonalds could advertise their 'Apple Plasma Pies, the fourth physical state of sweet, sweet pain'?

At the gym this morning I heard between the Johnny Vaughan prattle on Capital Radio something about a bloke who had left instructions in his will to be preserved after death like Lenin but haven't been able to find any web reference to this.

I suppose this is post mode-of-death but I didn't know where else to mention it. Jeremy Bentham aside, preserved people are rare (or were before Gunther von Hagens began pasticizing people). If it catches on we might get local authority preservatories where people lie on top of, rather than in their graves. At least there would be somewhere to stick the flowers.

Godot CFY

Did I read somewhere that the instigators of cryogenics had to be cremated recently as the freezer containing their bodies accidently defrosted?

Continuing the McD link, is that warning not about as pointless as the 'Caution: HOT' warning that has to be put on the side of a McCoffee/McApple pie? :lol:

This warning would have saved them a few quid.

(CLICK)

cup8mw.th.jpg

Did I read somewhere that the instigators of cryogenics had to be cremated recently as the freezer containing their bodies accidently defrosted?

:lol::)

Sure you posted this in the right thread?

:lol::)

Sure you posted this in the right thread?

I think it was here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4600192.stm

I quoted it in a post about thawing out my mum in the Post Whore thread.

Continuing the McD link, is that warning not about as pointless as the 'Caution: HOT' warning that has to be put on the side of a McCoffee/McApple pie? :)

well TLC, you must be something of a newbie to the forum, as there was a fascinating debate last year about the McDonald's coffee law suit, in which a woman scalded by a cup of McDonald's coffee she had placed between her legs while driving won a fairly hefty payout. Although it was arguable she shouldn't have got a penny due to her own stupidity, the broader point emerged that McDonald's used to serve their coffee at abnormally high, and therefore potentially dangerous, temperatures. The only foodstuff hotter than McDonald's coffee known to man is the McDonald's apple pie, whose delicious sweet centre has been known to reach upwards of 4,000 degrees F. Ergo, the warning labels, presumably to help McDonald's avoid litigation when someone sets fire to their tongue.

It's true. Last year, my little sister accidentally melted away most of her tongue. We took the matter to a local lawyer but were told we had no case because the warning lets MacDonalds could sell pie hotter than the core of the sun. I was very disappointed.

It's true. Last year, my little sister accidentally melted away most of her tongue. We took the matter to a local lawyer but were told we had no case because the warning lets MacDonalds could sell pie hotter than the core of the sun. I was very disappointed.

Thats not good, I'm sorry to hear that.

So perhaps the 'common' sense answer would have been to have given McD's a maximum legal selling temperature AND make them put a warning of heat on the offending item? Or am I being naive in presuming that the idea is to stop people burning themselves, rather than being able to deny responsibility when accidents do happen?

The only foodstuff hotter than McDonald's coffee known to man is the McDonald's apple pie, whose delicious sweet centre has been known to reach upwards of 4,000 degrees F. Ergo, the warning labels, presumably to help McDonald's avoid litigation when someone sets fire to their tongue.

the sun's photosphere is 6,000 f. the core is aprox. 27,000 f.

i told you 7 million times not to egzajerate!!

:D

never trust anyone who can only think of one way to spell a word.