Sign in to follow this  
Godot

When Deathlisters Go Shopping

I suspect that most Deathlisters are not natural shoppers. I try to stay away from shops, but today I went to an auction out of curiosity (mrs Godot is away). I hadn't meant to buy anything but came back with 15 fishing rods, a very large box of feathers, a stuffed pike and a chamber pot, having no real idea how I came to have them. But the bidding felt good, addictive even.

Do you remember that Laurel and Hardy film where the tough guy wraps their legs around their necks at the end? Well Mrs Godot is going to do that to me when she sees what I've done to our savings. :D

I just wondered, for the sake of comfort, if fellow Deathlisters have bought anything strange or anything they might have regretted? Does anyone collect anything weird? It looks now like I collect fishing rods.

• Like 1

I collect a few things. Postcards, dolls, old communist badges and Rocky Horror memorabilia.

I was always very careful with money until I met Mw who has got me into bad habbits

Guest Madame DeFarge

Since I am always trying to put on a few pounds I tend to stay away from the Healthy Food category as

much as possible :D Once I was surprised to discover that i had brought home something labeled "Lite

Pork Chops" . Isn't that a contradiction in terms? Let the buyer beware! :old:

I bought a Midwinter Marguariet Tea-Set for my mother for Mother's Day. A sickly looking pink tea-pot and mathcing sickly looking pink milk-jug, sugar bowl and two tea cups. She likes it. Luckily.

I HATE shopping. I HATE supermarkets ( is this turning into a rant??), the last thing I bought was some guacamole - which is the only thing that makes going to the supermarket worth while!!

As far as buying weird things go, I spent quite a bit on Orders of the Knighthood (namely a Knight Bachelor Badge and a C.B.E).

Regretting it now because my current account is running dry. Which is bad...

I also collect royal tat...I mean memorabilia. Oh yes, and coins...

Curtains and sandals.

I cannot resist buying curtains in the sale despite the fact that we already have curtains in all of our windows and most of the ones I buy wouldn't fit any of the windows we have anyway. I convince myself that paying 50 euros for a pair of curtains that should have been 120 euros is OK as one day we will move to a house where they will fit perfectly. This has never happened although I have cut some of the larger ones up to make curtains for smaller windows with limited success.

I also own seven bricklaying trowels, and five stanley knives for some reason.

I exagerrated, after counting them I find I only bought 14 fishing rods. Not anywhere near water so went out on to some grass near my house to try one out. Got odd looks from neighbours casting my fly line on to grass. Didn't catch anything of course.

I must say these posts make me feel much less odd. My trowel count is well down on Slave's although I do like old gardening tools and have five gardening forks (hand held). I like the shiny, worn feel of wood that has been handled for many years. It's the same with old fishing rods that connect you with the past through their continuous use.

Have done nothing today but assemble rods, wave them about a bit then disassemble them and put them back in their bags. So satisfying.

Just bought a new (to me anyway) car today, £6k. Jeez skint again.

Bought wedding rings yesterday so thats me skint!

But I'll be able to save (hopefully) again, you'll be skint for the rest of your life :unsure:B)

Wedding rings for your lover to give to you or just to adoor?? :unsure:

I want to buy this but I'm afraid it would leave me too poor. :unsure:

F**k obsession - Now Royalty will be leaving you dirt poor.

But you know, a big part of life is about enjoying yourself and getting what you want. That's what I usually tell myself...Why hold back?

I infuriate my husband by going to charity shops and buying old Ladybird books.

He doesn't understand it at all, but I love revisiting my childhood.

And I'm not the only one!

But you know, a big part of life is about enjoying yourself and getting what you want. That's what I usually tell myself...Why hold back?

You see, thats the way I think Banshees.

If I really wanted it, I could sell the old stuff and buy that. Or I could dip in to the savings which are rather important (being a student).

You see, thats the way I think Banshees.

If I really wanted it, I could sell the old stuff and buy that. Or I could dip in to the savings which are rather important (being a student).

Or you could find mommy dearest, check her purse" |But ask first of course|

I mean I honestly never did that but it's an option. There is always get a part time job?

I'll just have to see how things go I suppose...

Still, I can always wait another year or so for another one to come along. :unsure:

I'll just have to see how things go I suppose...

Still, I can always wait another year or so for another one to come along. :unsure:

It is in the shadows really, depending on the situtation but the truth is postponing your life isn't going to get you that far. It will only make the wait longer and the want stronger. But every case is different.

It's up to you. Like how bad you really want it.

I will review my finances, look at how much it's likely to sell for and then make up my mind on what I intend to do.

I only want the badge bit - I already have a Commanders neck badge. Why must there be so many pretty things on this world!?

Today I bought a car stereo, 4 speakers, a digital camara and a Twilight Zone dvd set. I am not sure what Mrs FF is going to do when she finds out that I spent almost $1000.

Today I bought a car stereo, 4 speakers, a digital camara and a Twilight Zone dvd set. I am not sure what Mrs FF is going to do when she finds out that I spent almost $1000.

I'm guessing you are going to be the next deathlist graduate. :unsure:

Look out, FF! :unsure:

angrywife1wm.jpg

Look out, FF! :unsure:

angrywife1wm.jpg

Is that a large pencil or a rolling pin she's holding?

I buy books. Haven't seen the surface of my desk for years because of all the books sitting there (we filled the bookcases up years ago so now the books are piled on desks and on the floor).

• Like 1