weatherman90

Tammy Faye Messner

It must have been all that make up. Well she's had her last make over obviously. It was personally hard for me to watch her on CNN's Larry King Thursday night and to be honest I only watched about five minutes or so before turning it off. I'm not very surprised and I've been expecting this for months so I feel relieved that this is all over.

I can only say that this woman had the faith to live and if everybody had a drive like that we would be setting standards that could redefine our entire lives - but Harry Mcnally did enough praying so were all blessed. Now we should bring our attention to 'Death after Tammy Faye' and everyone should ask themselves the question' who will be right on the money next.

Well she's finally gone. I got the news via a WDP email (thanks Weatherman90!).

However, will she get a legit obit to hand us the points bonanza for the DDP?

Time will tell...

MIB, she already has a UK obit. Courtesy of the BBC.

Well, this certainly gives my DDP a massive boost as she was my joker, and I would be lying if I said I'm distraught to hear the news, but although I had no real idea of who she was in life, I must say that her fight against cancer was incredibly resiliant & courageous & to have the gumption to go on TV just days before her death knowing she looked horrific (not an easy thing for a once vain woman) is also extremely laudable.

;)

MIB, she already has a UK obit. Courtesy of the BBC.

Well, this certainly gives my DDP a massive boost as she was my joker, and I would be lying if I said I'm distraught to hear the news, but although I had no real idea of who she was in life, I must say that her fight against cancer was incredibly resiliant & courageous & to have the gumption to go on TV just days before her death knowing she looked horrific (not an easy thing for a once vain woman) is also extremely laudable.

:rip:

You are the bringer of good news OoO! First Jesus de Polanco and now Tammy Faye - 23 points in 2 days, not a bad weekend's work! I'd have more if that bloody John Smyth had an obit - I blame the timing - just after new year. If he had died around the time the World Snooker Campionships, he would have had one. Costs me a place in the top 30.....ah well there are others to come. Lee Hazlewood, it's over to you.... :pop:

Guest Guest_PHD7_*

With the death of Tammy Faye things are going to look ugly for the stock market. She was the single-handed reason cosmetic firms had their massive profits.

July has been a good month for the DeathList. Thanks to Global Warming they're dropping like flys. Thanks Mr. Gore.

The Bakers were good friends of the Bush family.

Massive changes in the weather, global economic collapse, a goat running the largest nation in the free world.... The death of Tammy Faye is a signal of the start of the Appocalyps.

That means Death List is gonna have a really good year.

Congrats!

Hey we got a comedian! :rip:

With the death of Tammy Faye things are going to look ugly for the stock market. She was the single-handed reason cosmetic firms had their massive profits.

(Clapping hands) :pop:

July has been a good month for the DeathList. Thanks to Global Warming they're dropping like flys. Thanks Mr. Gore.

Tammy Faye Messner is the 6th hit of 2007.

She is the 156th hit since 1987.

The 2007 list is now in 14th place out of a possible 21 lists.

My Joker on DDP although I doubt she has done much more than simply keep my place.

Now if only we could get Larry King to interview the remaining survivors on the list...

I would like to see him interview Deep Throat and Nixons rat has recently revealed his real name and it is Mark something... hold on let me think ... Mark.. .. Opps I forget.

Wow...she's finally gone! Its still hard to believe.

wait she was on larry king thrusday and died friday? wow that was pretty short. Well i think they said the interview was taped tuesday so she died 3 days later.

I believe it was taped on Wednesday (a day before it aired). Maybe she felt some closure after sitting down with Mr. Suspenders himself and decided it was time to go?

I wouldn't mind letting Larry King interview Yitzhak Shamir either. Who was the former prime minister of ... he was the prime mister of ... let me think for a minute .. O it escapes me. Never mind.

Daily Telegraph gets to work on the life of TFM, highly recommended, a pretty fair assessment I'd say.

Tammy Faye Messner is the 6th hit of 2007.

She is the 156th hit since 1987.

The 2007 list is now in 14th place out of a possible 21 lists.

My Joker on DDP although I doubt she has done much more than simply keep my place.

I've just done a quick calculation. Assuming two obits a day in the Daily Telegraph over the last 20 years, that's 12480 departures. A hit rate of 1.25%. We've gotta do better!!

Guest no, but...
Can't we delete posts in this forum? B)

No, but your *can* edit them...

Can't we delete posts in this forum? :lol:

No, but your *can* edit them...

I know but I couldn't edit the post you quote out of existence; something I thought would have been top priority in this forum. B)

just did a tammy update on her website they are asking people for money to pay for a memorial

just did a tammy update on her website they are asking people for money to pay for a memorial

Why would they do that. she was quite well off wasn't she? Surely money can be found for a memorial from her estate.

Guest Guest
asking people for money

Just doin' what comes nat'rally.

asking people for money

Just doin' what comes nat'rally.

Apparently she died with just the clothes on her back and obviously the makeup on her face

Could she have a better memorial than this thread?

Is there another kind of immortalised, Dead O'Gonner?

Immortalised for ever!

Is there another kind of immortalised, Dead O'Gonner?

Immortalised for ever!

to perpetuate in fame