Now the silly fellow has been banned from Easyjet.

He's really living the Rock & Roll dream. :lol:

I think it's time he starts using private airplanes. :lol:

regards,

Hein

Ok, I’ve just worked my way through this thread and enjoyed it immensely, however I was wondering just how famous is this Doherty Bloke in the Uk?. I left Blighty in 2002 for a small town in BC, so I’ve never heard of him. When I first came across the thread I thought it was about that Scottish bloke who was in Absolutely and had that chat show on Channel 5.

that was jack docherty, who seems to have vanished after his attempt to become the david letterman of C5. the question of doherty's fame is an interesting one as it raises a lot of questions about the state of the media today. when he was in the libertines they were heavily tipped as the new clash, etc, but their appeal was limited still to the nme/q muso fan sector. profile increased a bit when he got done for breaking into a bandmates house and robbing him (tip for you, pete - not on your own doorstep, son). this alerted the press to a rock casualty they could build from the ground up, and so he began to feature in the tabloids as the latest accident waiting to happen. then he started dating kate moss, and it became a feeding frenzy. interestingly, his output (in terms of live shows and recordings) has decreased in an inverse proportion to his fame. he's gone from a smidgeon of fame for being an up and coming but troubled talent to being immensely famous for - er - being infamous.

which sums up the cycle of celeb culture these days? discuss.

Guest Guest

The problem with Pete being banned from Easyjet is that it makes it more difficult for him to join the Choir Invisible by being involved in a crash involving one of their aircraft. On the plus side however, the liklehood of him injecting himself with smack in the bog might bring him one step closer to actually being a result for deathlisters.

The problem with Pete being banned from Easyjet is that it makes it more difficult for him to join the Choir Invisible by being involved in a crash involving one of their aircraft. On the plus side however, the liklehood of him injecting himself with smack in the bog might bring him one step closer to actually being a result for deathlisters.

But, of course, sadly it wouldn't be a result for the DL as we don't have him on the 2006 list.

Now the silly fellow has been banned from Easyjet.

He's really living the Rock & Roll dream. :banghead:

I think it's time he starts using private airplanes. :lol:

regards,

Hein

On a night the forcast expects rain.

Wow, this thread had slipped all the way to page 4 of the DL index. It's almost as though we'd all had enough of Pete Doherty and his increasingly inane antics. Anyway, the latest is that, surprise, surprise, after spending a reported £250,000 on the investigation, the Met have decided not to prosecute Kate Moss for cocaine consumption.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5082546.stm

I can't quite keep track whether she and Pete are currently an item or not. I believe they sort of are, if anyone left in Britain (or anyplace else) cares.

Well CR, I guess you must care a little.

Wow, this thread had slipped all the way to page 4 of the DL index. It's almost as though we'd all had enough of Pete Doherty and his increasingly inane antics. Anyway, the latest is that, surprise, surprise, after spending a reported £250,000 on the investigation, the Met have decided not to prosecute Kate Moss for cocaine consumption.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5082546.stm

I can't quite keep track whether she and Pete are currently an item or not. I believe they sort of are, if anyone left in Britain (or anyplace else) cares.

Still fancy the pants off Miss Moss though..................

Yeah, I'd bang her like she were wooden shutters in a hurricane.

Yeah, I'd bang her like she were wooden shutters in a hurricane.

Kat Moss... of course I wouldn't turn down an invitation to her bedroom, but for an overall rating I give her a 6\10. :blink:

i couldnt dislike pete doherty any more if i tried

if the drugs dont kill him

his hygene will.

i couldnt dislike pete doherty any more if i tried

You're not really trying hard enough, come on but some effort into it.

Pete Doherty at it again. Possession of drugs.

The man needs a damn good spanking . Come to think of it, so do I. :blink:

Pete Doherty won't die anytime soon. The man just has poor luck always getting caught with drugs.

And if your a hott chick and you need a good spanking, you know who to call.

Seems he's taking a page out of Gary Glitter's book and adding an international dimension to his convictions. What a concept - drug testing a musician after a concert. If the Swedes did that to every band I wonder how many would pass. Kenny G, maybe.

Seems he's taking a page out of Gary Glitter's book and adding an international dimension to his convictions. What a concept - drug testing a musician after a concert. If the Swedes did that to every band I wonder how many would pass. Kenny G, maybe.

I couldn't agree more - Drug testing after a concert? If they did that in the 1970's there would have been no Rock N Roll. That's out of line... something needs to be done.

It's all starting to dribble away from him. Even the NME have turned their

backs on him. He's a druggie bum, left in the gutter, while that arch parasite

Kate Moss saunters off with a fat new contract and dropped drugs charges....

Guest Rich, theboysintheband

as u all must know petes in rehab in portugal at the moment, i can see why hes on your list for so soon after all an 18 month crack bringe would leave the best of us crippled, im a dedicated fan and have watched both the libertines and babyshambles perform, he is easily one of the most talented performers i have ever come across, but on the note of this forum if he doesnt make it this time out of rehab, i would only give him until april 2007 after he releases his debut solo and manybe 1 more from babyshambles before he kicks the bucket

long live pete doherty either way. and i hope he manages another 10 superb albums

long live pete doherty either way. and i hope he manages another 10 superb albums

Shirley you jest,

10 albums everyone a whiner.

Rehab in Portugal was a resounding success.

The page in the Washington Post is no longer available, but this is the worst he's looked yet.

He was released with a fine but not held, because there were no drugs on him, just in him.

Has he done ten albums already then? This is news to me. I've got both Libertines albums and the Babyshambles one, plus an unofficial bootleg that I made (ssh, don't tell anyone) but I didn't know there were any others in existence.

Come back, guest and enlighten me, so I can complete my collection before he departs this realm for the great big crack den in the sky.

With all the illegal substances floating around in Pete's system, I wonder what sort of odds William Hill would give me on him being abducted ? I mean, someone somwhere must have considered placing Mr. Doherty inside a giant rizla, and then smoking him ! :)

Guest Guest

Thanks for the reinvitation Brownsworth mouse baiter glad im welcome!! see you've helped me realise somethin and thanks for that, its just this is actually what pete is contesting against 1 track minded simpleness, lol, because of the drugs hes a bad person??? stay in side ur boxes lol, do you really understand his idea of albion? have you ever took a second to look back at the poetry he created?

if it makes you feel better i'll retype the sentance 4 it seems to be bothering you lol

"i hope pete has enough years left in him to create 10 new albums all containting the magic, ideas and genius as the other 3 he's completed."

we'll there is 1 good thing bout all this lol, u all seem 2 spend enough time speaking bout him,

thats the idea!

any1 fancy jumpin on the good ship albion? :skull:

peace

Rich

come on then, what is his idea of albion? i've heard LOTS of ideas about albion,even have a few miself, and the whole point is that it's an abstract concept about an idea of a nation. but what is pete's? i've only heard a few songs, so tell me - and, by extension, all of us.