VT, I support Reading.

If Leeds win by enough & Hull lose by enough on Sunday & Leeds would've stayed up, how pissed off will everyone be!?!!? :)

VT, If Leeds didn't have a moronic hooligan element & the majority of their fans didn't have the grandeur & divine feelings about themselves (both of whom I have suffered from - this is a rational hate from experience, like Lady Grendel's & not irrational)......

AND Dennis "The sh*t" (and Swindon reject) Wise wasn't in charge, perhaps I would feel differently about their demise.

Maybe not, as Dad, as placid a soul as you can ever find, only really dislikes one team too - LUFC, partly as he thought their fans & some of their players were a bunch of thugs too in the late 60's, early 70's (Hunter, Bremner, Charlton etc). He being of no fixed team, had a soft spot for Derby. (Bit unusual actually, considering some of their sluggers - MacKay etc, but the fans were better behaved at the Baseball Ground)

If only Leeds fans on Saturday had protested in the right way. Trying to get the match abandoned by invading the pitch & attacking Ipswich fans was utterly, utterly wrong & were a total discredit to the genuine, honest fans I'm sure the club must have. Trouble is, we rarely see the latter & only see the former, especially at away games.

I hope the moronic element now get tired & move on, unwilling to stomach lower-tier football. That'll be a start, then the deaths or sackings of Bates & Wise will help their profile.

Well it's all academic now as Leeds have been relegated after going into administration...

Marching On To Insolvency Together

the majority of their fans didn't have the grandeur & divine feelings about themselves

But the majority of us are from Yorkshire so of course we have feelings of grandeur about ourselves - there's a reason why Yorkshire is known as 'God's Own County' you know. There's two types of people - those who are from Yorkshire and those that wish they were :)

As for our moronic fan element I agree wholeheartedly. However, I can't see them getting tired of it when there's chance of a scrap with (amongst others) Huddersfield, Millwall and another away day jolly at Bournemouth.

Could do with Ken Bates popping his clogs though - both for Leeds and my DDP team.

MIGHTY REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A reference - of course - to Workington's admirable performance, holding Hinkley to a goal-less draw...

Nope, I think HMBWA was referring to Wrexham's sound 3-1 trouncing of Boston Utd, neatly avoiding the drop themselves and sending Boston Utd down instead. :)

MIGHTY REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A reference - of course - to Workington's admirable performance, holding Hinkley to a goal-less draw...

Nope, I think HMBWA was referring to Wrexham's sound 3-1 trouncing of Boston Utd, neatly avoiding the drop themselves and sending Boston Utd down instead. :)

Yeah, a slightly grudging well done to you sheepshaggers, Honez. Much as I'd have enjoyed you making the drop, it wouldn't be the same without those 12.00 kick-offs and the ever-present threat of the other type of kick-offs. Not that I've been to a Chester/Wrexham game for a few years of course - Barnet and Wycombe are about as far as I'll travel these days, armchair fan that I've become <_<

Gotta feel for Wukkie, pulled over 1500 for the second leg of the play-off and lost a tight match they could easily have taken. Re Wrexham, worth noting how well their results have improved since the loan signing of Anthony Williams in goal, from Carlisle. Doubtless they'll now show due gratitude with the offer of a permanent contract.

Blimey oh reilly, what a busy day!

So, Hartlepool are still trophyless & substitute Dagenham & Red for Boston for that quiz question, MIB.

Good to see Bristol City up too.

So, two new Conference teams, either Farsley or Hinckley or Braintree and the mighty Salisbury. I, for one, am happy Havant are out, I fear Braintee far less.

Salisbury's success makes up for a rather deflating home defeat today, but ultimately, 8th place & just missing out on Europe might just be the perfect placing in a warped way for the Royals.

and c'mon Exeter. We can't have Oxford back in the league just yet....

Blimey oh reilly, what a busy day!

So, Hartlepool are still trophyless & substitute Dagenham & Red for Boston for that quiz question, MIB.

Good to see Bristol City up too.

So, two new Conference teams, either Farsley or Hinckley or Braintree and the mighty Salisbury. I, for one, am happy Havant are out, I fear Braintee far less.

Salisbury's success makes up for a rather deflating home defeat today, but ultimately, 8th place & just missing out on Europe might just be the perfect placing in a warped way for the Royals.

and c'mon Exeter. We can't have Oxford back in the league just yet....

A lot of people in football will not mourn Boston's misfortune either OoO. The Titties pass Leeds by, which will be a relief to Police Constables I reckon...It'd be nice to see the Tangerines go up, when was the last time they were in the second tier? Over to you.... :)

It'd be nice to see the Tangerines go up, when was the last time they were in the second tier? Over to you.... :lol:

It'd be nice to see the Tangerines go up, when was the last time they were in the second tier? Over to you.... :lol:

Well it's about bloody time! Forest can wait another year. Apparently the fans are staring to grumble about their style of play under Colin Calderwood. Not in the style of Mr Clough I understand...

http://i19tinypic.com/4qnzdvo.jpg

Sorry, the above address appears blocked, this thread on the other hand, currently displays the picture.

Karl 'The Hit Man' Hawley, star striker at Carlisle, but known to be keen to move onwards and upwards, at the club's annual awards dinner; May 6th,

Seconds later he splattered the sofa and himself with vomit, a perfect end to weekend in which he'd headed for an early bath on discovering the gaffer wouldn't take him off the bench and give him a run out.

Thanks for the goals Karl, but mebbe it's time we parted, eh?

Sorry, the above address appears blocked, this thread on the other hand, currently displays the picture.

Posted by Piglet_Phoenix on 07 May 2007 01:15 Complain | Reply

re: Hawley- Disgrace ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

has done the club proud over the past three seasons.

a hero and a carlisle united legend.

so he f_cked the prawn sarnie brigade off tonight. well done for that karl.

best of luck for the future. would rather our manager left and you stayed.

Carlise has a Prawn Sandwich Brigade following? :D

Carlise has a Prawn Sandwich Brigade following?

Aye, we do, mainly rich folks from the Eden Valley where the poorer residents include Jim Bowen. Fred Story - our chairman and a fella who makes an annual appearance in The Sunday Times Richlist - also has a few friends partial to a quality snack.

Prefer the legendary Scotch Pies meself, like.

We love you Exeter we do, we love you Exeter we do, we love you Exeter we do, OH EXETER WE LOVE YOU!

At Oxford United & all their fans:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Forget about Leeds going down, this is ten times better! :D

Meanwhile, convicted criminal & boss of Boston, Steve Evans seems set to be the new manager of Chester City. Wonder how Harry feels about that?

At the moment, Evans current team, Boston may go bust. Good.

We love you Exeter we do, we love you Exeter we do, we love you Exeter we do, OH EXETER WE LOVE YOU!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Meanwhile, convicted criminal & boss of Boston, Steve Evans seems set to be the new manager of Chester City. Wonder how Harry feels about that?

Well done The Mighty Grecians!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Forget about Leeds going down, this is ten times better! :lol:

INSPECTOR MORSE......CLEMENT ATLEE........JRR TOLKIEN......TS ELIOT......EVELYN WAUGH......RAY HOUGHTON......JOHN ALDRIDGE......JIM SMITH!!! CAN YOU HEAR ME JIM SMITH????? YOUR BOYS TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING!!!

That was THE BEST I have EVER seen Exeter City play.

Watch it here:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Well, not too happy if it's confirmed, but with American owner Terry Smith in the 90s we've got some previous with dubious types.

Congrats for the job half done, Exeter. Hmmm, Morecambe or Exeter, two more places I'll not be trekking to next season...Griffin Park here I come!

Well, not too happy if it's confirmed, but with American owner Terry Smith in the 90s we've got some previous with dubious types.

Congrats for the job half done, Exeter. Hmmm, Morecambe or Exeter, two more places I'll not be trekking to next season...Griffin Park here I come!

I bet the supporters are damn glad it's a one off game!

Guest Guest

Maybe we're to be spared the nefarious Mr Evans?

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Any Shrimps fans want to start a fight?

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Forget about Leeds going down, this is ten times better! :lol:

INSPECTOR MORSE......CLEMENT ATLEE........JRR TOLKIEN......TS ELIOT......EVELYN WAUGH......RAY HOUGHTON......JOHN ALDRIDGE......JIM SMITH!!! CAN YOU HEAR ME JIM SMITH????? YOUR BOYS TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING!!!

That was THE BEST I have EVER seen Exeter City play.

Watch it here:

Okay; I'll cop for a bad call on Oxford doing a Carlisle and going up via the play-offs. Tense memories watching that shoot-out, we had to survive penalties at home against Aldershot to make the final. Then again, the legendary cocaine sniffing Billy Turley is always good value to the neutrals in the crowd.

This pic is a week late, but as it's timeless I'll post it anyway

noddy.gif

Parp, parp!

Radio 5 live report. Jimmy Armfield's got throat cancer. One to watch?

Armfield looked well in the interview later on in the day, treatment considering, so I'll abstain from putting him on any list for now, not least as his prognosis is good & it is a more "treatable" cancer.

I wonder what MPFC has to say about Carlisle's two star players leaving - Hawley & Murphy (one probably to Preston, the other almost certainly to Gretna)??