Football and death, sort of thing.

Scarboro Athletic are on the way out.

There's a kind of history there for Carlisle fans like meself, our ex-manager, who left under a cloud went on to take them to the play-offs, their greatest achievement. And, of course, the famous Jimmy Glass goal that saved our league status, ended theirs.

Are they in the Conference or have they sunk even lower? Ultimately it would seem they're descending into hell :referee:

They've sunk so low they're rubbing shoulders with giants of the game like Workington. The level where you're glad when the supporters bring their dogs along. And their world famous McCain Oven Chips Stadium will have to go to pay the debts off.

They've sunk so low they're rubbing shoulders with giants of the game like Workington. The level where you're glad when the supporters bring their dogs along. And their world famous McCain Oven Chips Stadium will have to go to pay the debts off.

I recall that Wolves hooligan plunging through their stadium roof many moons ago.

Aye, how much he remembers of the same incident is less clear.

There's been some bad blood between Carlisle and Scarboro since St Jimmy's Day up to this year when a bunch of our Blue Army went to Workington to cheer the Cumbrian side on against Boro this season. For all that, you have to feel for any club in their state. They were probably punching above their weight the whole time they were in the senior ranks, certainly so when Mick Wadsworth dragged them into the play-offs, but a town the size of Scarboro should be able to support a Conference team.

Scarboro Athletic are on the way out.

MPFC, Who the f**k are Scarboro Athletic?

I think you'll find that the soon-to-be-dead football club is simply called Scarborough F.C.

I too, remember that first game against Wolves & the roof-falling hooligan. Shows how far both clubs have gone in opposite directions. I also remember mouthy Warnock being in charge of them then. He was a sh*t then as well.

As for Workington Town, they could be in the Conference next year. Maybe a meeting with Carlisle is not far away...

As for Workington Town,

OoO Who the f**k are Workington Town? etc etc, like Scarboro Athletic, they - sort of - still exist, but legally they're someone else.

Oh aye, and they may stumble into the Conference via the play-offs, but they'll not be touching our level this side of another chairman like Michael Knighton. The real tetchy rivalry at Carlisle kicks off next season with the thought that the upstart sheep farmers from over the border are in the SPL and we still believe our reserves would see off their first team. In fact, their current success is built on a team boasting a few former CUFC reserves, like Gavin - oh sh*t I've missed a penalty and lost us the cup final - Skelton.

The Unibond League or death, that is bad news for Scarboro- and it could so easily have been Exeter City a couple of seasons ago. As a club owned by the supporters the Grecians have made great strides financially over the last few years, we've gone from having millions of pounds of debt to having no money at all. That's progress.

Having been to most home games this season, I'm hoping to finish in style by going to the new Wembley Stadium to watch Exeter beat Oxford in the play-off final. I can dream. :referee:

Remembering this is a death forum, but keeping it non league, Stewart Vaughan, captain of Dorking FC, has died of skin cancer :(

Chuckle Brothers in support of new Rotherham manager, well, they're sure to escape relegation now. NOT!

You might be gannin' to Milmoor next season DDT.

OoO Who the f**k are Workington Town? etc etc, like Scarboro Athletic, they - sort of - still exist, but legally they're someone else.

MPFC, There is NO team called Scarboro Athletic, nor has there ever been. Whether there might yet be is yet to be seen, of course, in case of revival, a la Telford, Fisher etc.

But I admit my mistake over the Town with Workington- I was thinking of the rugby league club.

More non league football deathly stuff: Ian Crawley, who scored winning goals at Wembley in two FA finals, has beaten (it says here) pancreatic cancer, only to face succumbing to motor neurone disease. Sadly for Deathlisters, the FA finals were the FA Vase and the FA Trophy, and the clubs he scored for were VS Rugby and Telford, so I doubt he'll get a UK obit.

MPFC, There is NO team called Scarboro Athletic, nor has there ever been. Whether there might yet be is yet to be seen, of course, in case of revival, a la Telford, Fisher etc.

But I admit my mistake over the Town with Workington- I was thinking of the rugby league club.

The great Shanks was manager of Workington.

Ah those old football teams that were in the league: Workington, Bradford Park Avenue, Maidstone Utd, Newport County, Aldershot, Scarborough etc, etc...

Having been at Old Trafford yesterday for the semi-final, I'd like to congratule Chelsea on a fine performance. A fine performance of whinging, diving and general cheating. Outplayed and outsung they're lucky to be in the final, it always helps when it's quite obvious who the Ref's playing for. Blackburn should have buried them in the second half and ultimately only have themselves to blame. If there's a God of Football, Chelsea will win nothing this season, Mourinho will go, Abramovich will get bored and sell up and Chelsea will return to what they really are, just a club from London who wish they had the pedigree and the history of clubs like Liverpool, Manchester United. Although I couldn't bet on it I'd reckon in terms of Trophy's and titles won Huddersfield Town have probably won more than Chelsea. So it's a well deserved :angry: for your display yesterday and you can have a Graham Pollesque :) one for thinking your a big club.

If there's a God of Football, Chelsea will win nothing this season.

A bit late for that Olvy, what with the League Cup already won and all

If there's a God of Football, Chelsea will win nothing this season.

A bit late for that Olvy, what with the League Cup already won and all

Ooops, I should have said "they won't win anything worthy of note", I'll get my coat :angry:

The great Shanks was manager of Workington.

Ah those old football teams that were in the league: Workington, Bradford Park Avenue, Maidstone Utd, Newport County, Aldershot, Scarborough etc, etc...

Let us not forget that Shanks played for and managed Carlisle!

Life in the old Scarboro dog yet, according to this.

Having been at Old Trafford yesterday for the semi-final, I'd like to congratule Chelsea on a fine performance. A fine performance of whinging, diving and general cheating. Outplayed and outsung they're lucky to be in the final, it always helps when it's quite obvious who the Ref's playing for. Blackburn should have buried them in the second half and ultimately only have themselves to blame. If there's a God of Football, Chelsea will win nothing this season, Mourinho will go, Abramovich will get bored and sell up and Chelsea will return to what they really are, just a club from London who wish they had the pedigree and the history of clubs like Liverpool, Manchester United. Although I couldn't bet on it I'd reckon in terms of Trophy's and titles won Huddersfield Town have probably won more than Chelsea. So it's a well deserved :angry: for your display yesterday and you can have a Graham Pollesque :) one for thinking your a big club.

From an anti-Man Utd point of view, I'm pleased Chelsea won. Blackburn would have rolled over against Utd - at least Chelsea will provide stiff opposition and try to thwart their Treble/Double/any trophy at all ambitions...

From an anti-Man Utd point of view, I'm pleased Chelsea won. Blackburn would have rolled over against Utd - at least Chelsea will provide stiff opposition and try to thwart their Treble/Double/any trophy at all ambitions...

On what basis would Blackburn have rolled over against Manchester Utd.? I didn't realise anyone was anti-Man Utd. these days, I thought everyone had switched their attention to the rich pretenders.

On what basis would Blackburn have rolled over against Manchester Utd.? I didn't realise anyone was anti-Man Utd. these days, I thought everyone had switched their attention to the rich pretenders.

On the basis that United rarely lose FA Cup finals to underdogs (Southampton (1976) and Everton (1995)excepted). Blackburn would have been like Newcastle in 1999, a pushover, for all of Sparky's knowledge/experience.

If you think people have turned away from hating Man Utd, watch if they win the Treble again, it'll all come flooding back.

Chelsea are like Leeds in the 1970s - their time is now and will soon pass as will the fashionable hatred.

On the basis that United rarely lose FA Cup finals to underdogs (Southampton (1976) and Everton (1995)excepted). Blackburn would have been like Newcastle in 1999, a pushover, for all of Sparky's knowledge/experience.

If you think people have turned away from hating Man Utd, watch if they win the Treble again, it'll all come flooding back.

Chelsea are like Leeds in the 1970s - their time is now and will soon pass as will the fashionable hatred.

Yes you're probably right but I think the hatred for Man Utd. isn't as intense as it was while Beckham was there. If Man Utd. win the treble people might be happier that they won it as opposed to Chelsea doing the treble/ quadruple. Hopefully Chelsea will end up in the same situation as Leeds, especially considering they're a company with expenses far outweighing income, and whilst it's all well and good having a kind loaded chairman, if he gets bored and walks away who's going to pick up the wages tab? You can guarantee you'll never hear "Abramovich out" chanted at Stamford Bridge.

You can guarantee you'll never hear "Abramovich out" chanted at Stamford Bridge.

Oh, I don't know. I can perhaps imagine Jose trying it if their reportedly strained relationship worsens, although I take your point and his would be a soul voice. I mean sole voice.

That was lame, even by my hitherto lame standards. I apologise for my lame pun as I grab my coat and depart.

Cheers,

BHB

So farewell to Torquay, relegated from the Football League and leaving Plymouth Argyle, The Great Satan, as Devon's only remaining league team.

Whilst some Premiership teams complain about fixture congestion, spare a thought for Northwich Victoria, who are going to need to complete their 9 remaining fixtures in the next 18 days!

So farewell to Torquay, relegated from the Football League and leaving Plymouth Argyle, The Great Satan, as Devon's only remaining league team.

Whilst some Premiership teams complain about fixture congestion, spare a thought for Northwich Victoria, who are going to need to complete their 9 remaining fixtures in the next 18 days!

i think torquay will bounce back. hope so anyway.

Check this bit of genius by Lionel Messi..

:(

Oy, TMIB, no posting 21 year old highlights on the DL!

This is probably my favourite sports highlight of the year thus far, painful as it may be to any England fan.

Here's a somewhat sharper picture version, along with a blow-by-blow comparison to the earlier efforts of a strong 2008 candidate.

Stop me if you think that you've seen this one before