MPFC says our five wins on the bounce in late season were achieved without one start from 'hit man' Hawley, crocked just before the spell. Murph's good but he was a hangover from the 'Rod squad' days when our - ahem - bog trotting mentalist of a manager Roddy Collins seemed convinced that anyone good enough for the league of Ireland would cut it in League Two, Murph was just about his only real success, unless you count Brendan McGill who was just about good enough for Gretna last year. Wish 'em both well, will miss Murphy, doubtful if Hawley - reunited with Paul Simpson or not - will prove much of a force at Championship level. His current destination remains unknown and don't bet against him ending up in the Walsall teams we play next season.

This from the CUFC Mad message board is typical:

In a way, I am happy that both these players have gone!

Hawley is a tosser and had no ambition to play for Carlisle so he could F.U.C.K Rite off.

I am slightly saddened by Murphy's departure, as I think he has been an absolute Credit to this Football club. I wish Him all the best for the future,

lets get serious neither are premiership quality and the chances these boys are going to get a club pushing for the premiership are non!

Also it has to be realised and has been by the board letting Paul Murray go is an absolute joke Another Carlisle Lad willing to give his heart for the club, and we show him the door.

We as a Club get hung up over jumped up pricks who don't even want to play for the club,

We love you Exeter we do, we love you Exeter we do, we love you Exeter we do, OH EXETER WE LOVE YOU!

At Oxford United & all their fans:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Forget about Leeds going down, this is ten times better! :)

Meanwhile, convicted criminal & boss of Boston, Steve Evans seems set to be the new manager of Chester City. Wonder how Harry feels about that?

At the moment, Evans current team, Boston may go bust. Good.

Looks like ex-Killie manager (and former Clydebank striker, LG) Bobby Williamson is the next man to attempt to lead us to the promised land of Div 1. Harry McN is looking down from above and giving the thumbs up.

- bog trotting mentalist of a manager Roddy Collins seemed convinced that anyone good enough for the league of Ireland would cut it in League Two

Well, Kevin Doyle & Shane Long haven't done too badly (to put it mildly) for us, despite being from the League of Ireland, MPFC.... :)

I seem to remember a certain Roy Keane doing rather a fine job all round too....

- bog trotting mentalist of a manager Roddy Collins seemed convinced that anyone good enough for the league of Ireland would cut it in League Two

Well, Kevin Doyle & Shane Long haven't done too badly (to put it mildly) for us, despite being from the League of Ireland, MPFC.... :)

I seem to remember a certain Roy Keane doing rather a fine job all round too....

I wasn't getting racist on anyone's ass with the above comment, you're clearly unfamiliar with the wacky and surreal world of the unique entity that is Roddy Collins (brother of Steve). Put it this way, Roddy talked the talk fit to make Cloughie look catatonic but that was about as far as it went. His propensity to collect donkeys and dismiss talent - like releasing a very young Grant Holt - was stupifying. The real frustration is that he'd have made a great winner and if he'd delivered half of what he suggested we'd have loved him forever.

Well, what a perfect day.

Reading don't lose, finish 8th & now don't have to be in the UEFA Cup - the ideal result.

Salisbury City PROMOTED TO THE CONFERENCE!!!!!. To be in the same league as Oxford United, is, quite frankly laughable, but happily taken.

and of course, Neil Warnock & his bunch of dirty hackers are down!!

Just been doing a little research re. footy deaths.

After the death of Pat Terry removed yet another 60's hero, I noticed that Reading still had a pretty decent record when it came to post 1970 players dying. (4 in total).

Thinking that over 37 years, that was pretty good, I looked at how many of the teams that have been in the football league (for an extensive period - ie not Cheltenham, Boston etc) since 1970 have lost players from that time?

Results were a little surprising:-

Colchester United have lost 13 players, Lincoln City and Stockport County 12 each, Blackpool 11.

Conversely, the teams with the fewest deaths in that time are Exeter City, Huddersfield Town, Ipswich Town and Liverpool with just 1 death each. (Main for Exeter, Saunders for Huddersfield, Roberts for Ipswich, Hughes for Liverpool, before you ask)

So what does this all mean?

Nothing, of course. :) But if you're thinking of a footballer to put down for an early death, think of maybe one of Colchester's FA Cup giantkillers (Bobby Cram, after all, got a number of obits recently) instead of perhaps Ray Kennedy....

:lol:

Just been doing a little research re. footy deaths.

After the death of Pat Terry removed yet another 60's hero, I noticed that Reading still had a pretty decent record when it came to post 1970 players dying. (4 in total).

Thinking that over 37 years, that was pretty good, I looked at how many of the teams that have been in the football league (for an extensive period - ie not Cheltenham, Boston etc) since 1970 have lost players from that time?

Results were a little surprising:-

Colchester United have lost 13 players, Lincoln City and Stockport County 12 each, Blackpool 11.

Conversely, the teams with the fewest deaths in that time are Exeter City, Huddersfield Town, Ipswich Town and Liverpool with just 1 death each. (Main for Exeter, Saunders for Huddersfield, Roberts for Ipswich, Hughes for Liverpool, before you ask)

So what does this all mean?

Nothing, of course. :) But if you're thinking of a footballer to put down for an early death, think of maybe one of Colchester's FA Cup giantkillers (Bobby Cram, after all, got a number of obits recently) instead of perhaps Ray Kennedy....

:lol:

What Ray Crawford?

Isn't Dick Young - the manager of that famous Colchester team - still alive, but, obviously, older than his surviving players.

Sorry to drag this meandering thread briefly on topic but check out this site. A place dedicated to footy deaths and keen on using old collectors card pictures where appropriate.

Isn't Dick Young - the manager of that famous Colchester team - still alive, but, obviously, older than his surviving players.

Dick Young died in 1989, MPFC. :rolleyes:

Aye, fair enough then. RIP and all that.

Either way, managers from famous achievements go before their players, so if we're targeting anyone, a breathing gaffer or two, his heart compromised from years of hypertensive stress, might a candidate for keeling. Odd, like, the two dead uns from the 66 world cup winners were - arguably - the worst at management in that squad. Bobby Charlton wasn't much cop either but at least he had the sense to see his failings and quit.

Reports are coming in that a number of top football managers are in hiding today for fear of being attacked by a rabid Yorkshire Terrier wearing a trenchcoat...

Reports are also gathering that Sam Allerdyce wants Neil - CUFC - McDonald as his assistant at Newcastle.

N-O-O-O-O-O-O-O!!!!!!!!!

Exeter City have sold their entire allocation of 30 000 Wembley tickets for the play off final, that's 5000 more tickets than Manchester United or Chelsea fans will be getting.

I am going to be sat in the top tier of the stadium and I'm seriously considering bringing my binoculars. It will be quite a departure from the Big Bank at Saint James Park.

Hats off to my brother and his wife, who are flying back from Hong Kong for this one. If we win, they won't need a plane to fly home.

Any DeathListers been to the new Wembley yet?

Exeter City have sold their entire allocation of 30 000 Wembley tickets for the play off final, that's 5000 more tickets than Manchester United or Chelsea fans will be getting.

I am going to be sat in the top tier of the stadium and I'm seriously considering bringing my binoculars. It will be quite a departure from the Big Bank at Saint James Park.

Hats off to my brother and his wife, who are flying back from Hong Kong for this one. If we win, they won't need a plane to fly home.

At least one of us has played on the hallowed turf, I happen to know. No, it's not me, unfortunately.

Well I've been well hacked since last night and all of today knowing that I won't be going to Wembley with Forest for a play-off match!

Still I've just seen a £10 cup final programme go for £41 on ebay. Ha-Ha!

No irony, no bullshit just sympathies DDT. I've yet to see Carlisle lose such a game although I've watched them lose a play-off semi and a game that would've seen us make the play offs. Straw poll amonst the handful of CUFC fans I've bantered with this afternoon suggests Morecombe and Accrington Stanley might be in a desperate fight for that third bottom place next year.

No irony, no bullshit just sympathies DDT. I've yet to see Carlisle lose such a game although I've watched them lose a play-off semi and a game that would've seen us make the play offs. Straw poll amonst the handful of CUFC fans I've bantered with this afternoon suggests Morecombe and Accrington Stanley might be in a desperate fight for that third bottom place next year.

Thanks MPFC - it was a horrible let down. I think Exeter used all nine of their lives beating Oxford in the semi final. At least we set two new records that can never be beaten, the first penalty save at Wembley and the first red card for Matt Gill's headbutt in the last minute. :referee:

Anyway, onwards to next season. Bring on Torquay, Histon, Salisbury and Farsley Celtic :)

Thanks MPFC - it was a horrible let down. I think Exeter used all nine of their lives beating Oxford in the semi final. At least we set two new records that can never be beaten, the first penalty save at Wembley and the first red card for Matt Gill's headbutt in the last minute. :referee:

Anyway, onwards to next season. Bring on Torquay, Histon, Salisbury and Farsley Celtic :)

Oi what's up with Farsley Celtic? They're the biggest club in Leeds!!!

Either way DDT, get yourselves out of that league in the next twelve months because hanging around longer might mean your most loyal supporters facing a trip to Workington.

Yer welcome round mine for a cuppa, mind, if and when that happens.

Bring on Salisbury and Farsley Celtic :)

You should be proud to play the mighty Salisbury & see it as a bonus of not being promoted. :referee:

From someone who has been to and seen his team lose twice at play-off finals - sympathies. But it strengthened us, and we went up the next year and are now in the Premiership, so all is not lost... :referee:

Reet on the basis of killing two birds with one spurt of love custard let's get this thread ready for the fallout from Liverpool/AC Milan and ask a question to Halleluyajohntudor.

HJT: Mebbe missed it if you've already explained but.....I'm guessing you're a magpie impressed with Supermac's under-rated and highly effective strike partner. So, do you know what happened to JT after his footy career? There was a rumour that he'd do the same as Alan Shoulder and 'Pop' Robson and finish his career at Carlisle, never happened.

Reet on the basis of killing two birds with one spurt of love custard let's get this thread ready for the fallout from Liverpool/AC Milan and ask a question to Halleluyajohntudor.

HJT: Mebbe missed it if you've already explained but.....I'm guessing you're a magpie impressed with Supermac's under-rated and highly effective strike partner. So, do you know what happened to JT after his footy career? There was a rumour that he'd do the same as Alan Shoulder and 'Pop' Robson and finish his career at Carlisle, never happened.

Never mind. Proud of ya, Redmen. Forward to 2008 and onwards with the Rafalution. (Hint - send Zenden and Kewell on their merry way)