? Failed its Mot ?

It actually looks like that wifie who died the other days poster.

Naomi Parker.

250px-We_Can_Do_It!.jpg

Notts County's goalkeeper Ross Fitzsimmons managed to excel himself in  last night's match against Crawley.  In injury time, while he was actually holding the ball, he decided to kick an opposing player right in front of the referee,  get himself sent off, concede a penalty and lose the match.  

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11750/11220365/watch-notts-county-goalkeeper-sees-red-after-moment-of-madness

• Haha 1

Reminds me of the French top flight game last week, ref gets the huff, blooters the players then sends him off.

• Like 1

Little quick trivia: 

Arsenal have just signed Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang for a lot of money. If he scores during his stay in London he will be the third Pierre to score a Premier League goal. Who are the other two?

• Thanks 1

van Hooijdonk surely is one?

43 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Little quick trivia: 

Arsenal have just signed Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang for a lot of money. If he scores during his stay in London he will be the third Pierre to score a Premier League goal. Who are the other two?

Haha - I couldn't think of any other so I gave up and googled all Premier League goal scorers - even that only got me one of the other two - a bit more random googling and I finally got the other one I think.

One to use in the pub on Friday methinks!

Good luck to anyone else still racking their brains!!

Middle name? As in JPP?

If he actually went to the Shire at the tail end. I can't remember.

Nope, first name. Actually quite a famous footballer at the time although I'd completely forgotten he'd ever had a Premier League spell. Most known for a penalty miss that prevented his country qualifying for the 2006 World Cup.

Oh, Webo? I don't remember him being in the Premier League?

Right nationality, wrong Pierre W with an O and an E in their four-letter surname...

^ I didn't realise he played in the English league either.

Most of their players will end up better paid next to Tibet troooo, but a bit optimistic to think Club will be bought as well.

Not looked at the lower league tables in a while, but I see Plymouth's crisis was shortlived - 11th in League One now.

Spurs did no bad last night, but Liverpool have torn Porto to shreds there, 5-0. Their record defeat at home in Europe was the 3-1 from Besiktas last year before tonight!

• Like 1

On 05/02/2018 at 21:40, msc said:

Not looked at the lower league tables in a while, but I see Plymouth's crisis was shortlived - 11th in League One now.

They’re on a hell of run of good form, only lost to Wigan in the league since the end of November. They’d have had 2 more points if they’d not let in a 95 minutes goal to draw against Rotherham as well. There’s talk of the play offs amongst the Argyle fans at work as Bradford have imploded in the last play off spot. I can’t see them getting there this season but to beat the likes of Blackburn and Shrewsbury who are going for promotion really has put a spotlight on the team. 

The real eel reason for the shocking start was the amount of sending offs they had as team but the squad is settled and it’s showing. Fans as turning up as well, over 10,000 for mid week win over AFC Wimbledon in a cold Tuesday night this week.

West Brom have stolen as many Spanish taxis under Pardew as they've won league games.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 05/02/2018 at 21:40, msc said:

Meanwhile the increasingly desperate plight of Northampton Town, AFC Wimbledon and MK Dons is giving hope of a busy season next time around to the Carlisle United London Branch of exiles. There's an outside chance of newbies - like Sutton or Bromley - sneaking into the league for a season of spankings as well.

I love Premier League the best football in the World.

On 17/02/2018 at 16:55, Dalai Lama said:

I love Premier League the best football in the World.

Aye well, I took a Premier League supporting mate - Chelsa fan - to a National League game yesterday. It would be fair to say he found the affordable prices, generally friendly fans of both sides and chance to sit where he wanted to be a very positive experience.

Something Buddhists would support, surely - even if they'd draw the line at meat pies and beer as part of the matchday experience