Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 13/11/2019 at 23:17, maryportfuncity said:

JOB CENTRE

Steven was recently seen in Silloth filling in forms to work in a ice cream parlour. He was also seen at the job centre in Carlisle and the Donkey was sacked.

 

Thats a lie

 

Pressley is a f**k**g moron who can speak or write properly.  Unless somebody filled in the forms for him, not a chance he can apply for any job

 

Glad he got the sack :)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wee Jum said:

 

Thats a lie

 

Pressley is a f**k**g moron who can speak or write properly.  Unless somebody filled in the forms for him, not a chance he can apply for any job

 

Glad he got the sack :)

 

 

 

 

Aye, the news was far from devastating for most CUFC followers though the real problem is money/boardroom stagnation IMHO at least. Keith Curle's demise was greeted with the view that his successor would improve on our nudging the play-offs but John Sheridan and Pressley have both been worse than Curle in that respect. Local news has reported former players and local businessmen looking at a takeover or at least kicking the club into more action - we'll see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top trolling from Gareth Bale tonight

Image

 

(ref @ODDSbible)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear santa can i have a leicester shirt for christmas ...harry maguire

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris Beech - one time caretaker at Rochdale and most recently their assistant manager - has opted for the glamour of taking charge at fourth bottom of the league Carlisle. Hard to say whether he, or we, are now livin' the dream!

 

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/18060789.carlisle-utd-appoint-former-rochdale-no2-chris-beech-new-head-coach/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a Last 16 CL draw....

 

Dortmund v PSG

Real Madrid v Man City (WOW)

Atlatanta v Valencia

Atletico Madrid v Liverpool

Chelsea v Bayern Munich

Lyon v Juvenus

Tottenham v Leibzig

Napoli v Barcelona

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Dortmund v PSG

Real Madrid v Man City (WOW)

Atlatanta v Valencia

Atletico Madrid v Liverpool

Chelsea v Bayern Munich

Lyon v Juvenus

Tottenham v Leibzig

Napoli v Barcelona

Fancy Liverpool amd Man City to go through, Leipzig are better than their CL pedigree/history suggests and BM will stuff Chelsea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

Fancy Liverpool amd Man City to go through, Leipzig are better than their CL pedigree/history suggests and BM will stuff Chelsea.

 

City v Madrid should be a cracker regardless of who wins, although if Pep puts his eggs in that basket then Liverpool have solidified the Prem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Liverpool fans can add 'champions of the world - you'll never sing that' to their chants.

 

Fair play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it looks like a coronation for Liverpool

 

Liverpool - (18) 52

Leicester - (19) 39

Man City - (18) 38

Chelsea - (19) 32

 

It would take a monumentally shit team cocking up massively to blow a lead like that heading into the New Year.....

 

Oh wait who could possibly fit that description - oh yes, us........

 

New Year 1995

 

Newcastle - (19) 45

Man Utd - (19) 35

Liverpool - (19) 34

Tottenaham - (19) 34

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbf to them, Liverpool have been streets apart of most of their rivals so far this season. Signing Jurgen Klopp was probably the equivalent of signing a Messi or Mbappe for them in terms of how much he's transformed that team around last few years.

 

Meanwhile in Scotland, Ian McCall has massively improved performances for the mighty Thistle, which is why we've moved from rock bottom in our league to... second from bottom.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, msc said:

Meanwhile in Scotland, Ian McCall has massively improved performances for the mighty Thistle, which is why we've moved from rock bottom in our league to... second from bottom.

 

More importantly

 

Half time and its business as usual, United beating the wee team across the road

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/11/2019 at 11:59, maryportfuncity said:

Chris Beech - one time caretaker at Rochdale and most recently their assistant manager - has opted for the glamour of taking charge at fourth bottom of the league Carlisle. Hard to say whether he, or we, are now livin' the dream!

 

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/18060789.carlisle-utd-appoint-former-rochdale-no2-chris-beech-new-head-coach/

My mate is a Carlisle fan and yesterday, after a gap of a few years, we were able to revive our annual trip to the Bescot Stadium to watch Carlisle sneak a win with virtually the last kick of the game. As we were sat in the home end I had to sit on him to avoid invoking the ire of the locals, but he was happy enough on the way home afterwards.

In contrast to previous visits, the game was reasonably entertaining!!!

Same again next season (we missed the port vale game) as I was watching my team instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/12/2019 at 12:21, Kinnock said:

What a Last 16 CL draw....

 

Dortmund v PSG

Real Madrid v Man City (WOW)

Atlatanta v Valencia

Atletico Madrid v Liverpool

Chelsea v Bayern Munich

Lyon v Juvenus

Tottenham v Leibzig

Napoli v Barcelona

 

 

 

 

Atlatanta to be the surprise package of the tournament and get to the semis.

 

My QF teams 

 

PSG

Real Madrid (defence will let city down )

Atlatanta

Liverpool

Bayern

Juve

Liebzig

Barca

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, the_engineer said:

 

Atlatanta to be the surprise package of the tournament and get to the semis.

 

My QF teams 

 

PSG

Real Madrid (defence will let city down )

Atlatanta

Liverpool

Bayern

Juve

Liebzig

Barca

 

Liverpool v Man City final I reckon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dortmund v PSG - Can always count on PSG to blow it, Dortmund are no mugs either. Anyone see the 6-1 defeat to Barcelona few years back? I laughed so much. DORTMUND.

Real Madrid v Man City - City also can usually be counted on to bugger up the Champions League - v Monaco and Spurs in recent years. They currently seem a freak loss to some mediocre lower EPL team away from a complete nervous breakdown at the moment. Madrid are basically a CL cup team. They know how to win these ties. REAL MADRID (although 'mon Man City, I hate Real...)

Atlatanta v Valencia - Valencia somehow beat Ajax in the last round, when Ajax had about 9 million shots and Valencia had none. Somehow! Atalanta were my dark horses to do well this year, and promptly didn't win any of their first four games to make me look really stupid, before suddenly remembering to win. Tough to call but on paper ATALANTA are the better side.

Atletico Madrid v Liverpool - Where is TMIB these days, he only supports likely the best team in Europe right now. Atletico are bloody buggers to play at the best of times, but LIVERPOOL should get through here quite comfortably these days. They are in form and Atletico aren't the force of a few years ago.

Chelsea v Bayern Munich - With any luck, BAYERN will murder Chelsea, who are starting to look knackered in the EPL.

Lyon v Juvenus - Lyon tend to suck at this stage, and struggled through in general. Juventus tend to suck in the latter stages, but its when they get to the Semis or Final they choke nowadays. JUVENTUS.

Tottenham v Leipzig - Normally this would be defence verses attack, but it seems since Jose Mourinho showed up at Spurs he's completely forgotten how to put a Mourinho defence together. (Also is it just me, or does the guy seem much more chilled and relaxed so far?) As it stands this will probably end something stupidly entertaining like 29-all. LEIPZIG but close to 50/50

Napoli v Barcelona - On paper each year at this bit - oh Napoli look a hard opponent. In reality at this stage each year - oh Napoli got fucked over easily by the other team. BARCELONA.

 

Really Liverpool are the team to beat but I think they will get beaten, teams rarely (Real recently aside) retain the Cup. Barcelona seem to have mentality issues (and Messi is getting old) so I think Bayern might be the team to beat here this season.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, msc said:

Dortmund v PSG - Can always count on PSG to blow it, Dortmund are no mugs either. Anyone see the 6-1 defeat to Barcelona few years back? I laughed so much. DORTMUND.

Real Madrid v Man City - City also can usually be counted on to bugger up the Champions League - v Monaco and Spurs in recent years. They currently seem a freak loss to some mediocre lower EPL team away from a complete nervous breakdown at the moment. Madrid are basically a CL cup team. They know how to win these ties. REAL MADRID (although 'mon Man City, I hate Real...)

Atlatanta v Valencia - Valencia somehow beat Ajax in the last round, when Ajax had about 9 million shots and Valencia had none. Somehow! Atalanta were my dark horses to do well this year, and promptly didn't win any of their first four games to make me look really stupid, before suddenly remembering to win. Tough to call but on paper ATALANTA are the better side.

Atletico Madrid v Liverpool - Where is TMIB these days, he only supports likely the best team in Europe right now. Atletico are bloody buggers to play at the best of times, but LIVERPOOL should get through here quite comfortably these days. They are in form and Atletico aren't the force of a few years ago.

Chelsea v Bayern Munich - With any luck, BAYERN will murder Chelsea, who are starting to look knackered in the EPL.

Lyon v Juvenus - Lyon tend to suck at this stage, and struggled through in general. Juventus tend to suck in the latter stages, but its when they get to the Semis or Final they choke nowadays. JUVENTUS.

Tottenham v Leipzig - Normally this would be defence verses attack, but it seems since Jose Mourinho showed up at Spurs he's completely forgotten how to put a Mourinho defence together. (Also is it just me, or does the guy seem much more chilled and relaxed so far?) As it stands this will probably end something stupidly entertaining like 29-all. LEIPZIG but close to 50/50

Napoli v Barcelona - On paper each year at this bit - oh Napoli look a hard opponent. In reality at this stage each year - oh Napoli got fucked over easily by the other team. BARCELONA.

 

Really Liverpool are the team to beat but I think they will get beaten, teams rarely (Real recently aside) retain the Cup. Barcelona seem to have mentality issues (and Messi is getting old) so I think Bayern might be the team to beat here this season.

 

 

 

I really should look at bringing back the prediction game, there's obviously a market. Maybe after the New Years madness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FAO Dundee FC.  They are now twenty (20) points behind , and we are only half way through the season :)

mtg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Newcastle continue to be taken to replays by League One in teams in the 'There's a fifth round? Really?' Cup (last got that far in 2005-2006!!!!)

 

Elsewhere City breeze past Fulham and Tranmere display to the world what a pitch in League 1 looks like after a bit of rain, someone should've asked the players to bring wellies to play in..... 5-0 to United at half time in that one....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Man City get fined for calling todays match off. Absolute joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently a near by amateur game was on

 

The problem is they wouldn't of known when Raheem Sterling was getting blown over by the wind or  diving (the answer is he is always diving)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use