So there's only the EFL and Premiershit to go in England in terms of writing off a season - but surely it's only a matter of time. 

Was bantering online with some of my Carlisle supporting friends and we have a master plan. The next time we surge into an early season lead and know full-well our budget and lack of squad depth will leave us falling off the pace in the inevitable injury crisis after Christmas. So, once we're top after about three games the lot of us will charter a jet, head off to China, find the nearest restaurant and all order a slice of wild meat!

Shame for my lot currently (formerly) in a playoff position in National League South. Latest informed speculation/kite-flying says that non-league should be prepared to accept no football for the rest of 2020 and possibly not until 2021, which would wipe out most of non-league football. I know fans of Liverpool/WBA/Leeds etc will be annoyed about not getting what they think they deserve but at least they will still have a club to support - there is going to be absolute carnage lower down the pyramid.

8 minutes ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

Shame for my lot currently (formerly) in a playoff position in National League South. Latest informed speculation/kite-flying says that non-league should be prepared to accept no football for the rest of 2020 and possibly not until 2021, which would wipe out most of non-league football. I know fans of Liverpool/WBA/Leeds etc will be annoyed about not getting what they think they deserve but at least they will still have a club to support - there is going to be absolute carnage lower down the pyramid.

Same situation with my local team in the National League North. They are in a play off position with 4 games in hand and plenty of points ahead of the teams below them.

They have had an incredible season which, by the look of it, they will have to do all over again if it is decided to void this seasons efforts.

I really don't miss the Premier league or my team, I never thought I would say it but I really have not missed it.

Non league and the lower professional leagues are where it's at.

• Like 1

Thistle are in the neverland of being relegated thanks to every other team in the league having played more games, but maybe not relegated because of league restructure. So I haven't a clue what league we're on, or what effect it'll have on the finances. Presumably no great.

League two have decided that the ones at the top deserve to be promoted, but the one(s) at the bottom don't deserve to be relegated. Fallacy somewhere I fancy.

On 15/05/2020 at 17:38, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

League two have decided that the ones at the top deserve to be promoted, but the one(s) at the bottom don't deserve to be relegated. Fallacy somewhere I fancy.

The thing is the PL is easiest to expand so thus could work. 

1 hour ago, Miracle Aligner said:

Anyone been watching the Bundesliga?

Yeah, even without fans, the games are good. The Berliner derby yesterday was great even though Hertha dominated Union and Gladbach against Leverkusen this afternoon had some action. Kai Havertz is going to be a top tier player in the future.

The Danish league is starting this thursday, and my hometown team who are deadlast plays on friday. They're talking about letting few fans into the stadium and as a season ticket holder who refused to get a refund, I hope it's possible. 

Can't wait for the La Liga and the Prem to start again. 

Seeing all the Celtic fans celebrating winning the Scottish Premiership reminded me of that time I broke open a bottle of champagne after beating my 6 year old daughter in an arm wrestle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Villa v Sheffield Unied games was terrible.  Hopefully the Man Shitty v Arse will be a bit better

1 hour ago, Wee Jum said:

The Villa v Sheffield Unied games was terrible.  Hopefully the Man Shitty v Arse will be a bit better

My mate the gooner doesn't think so.

4 minutes ago, time said:

My mate the gooner doesn't think so.

David Luiz didn't think he should of been sent off

luiz.jpg

Just now, Wee Jum said:

David Luiz didn't think he should of been sent off

luiz.jpg

Sideshow Bob is trending on Twitter.

• Like 2

Hearts owner Anne Budge is still can't get her head around Hearts being relegated because they are bottom of the league

ann budge.jpg

• Haha 1

So the BBC showed their first top flight football match for 32 years tonight.

To put that in perspective the last time they showed a match neither I or half a dozen other DL members were born. 

The question is will they actually put their hands in their pockets and buy the rights to some games next season? It's all very well showing games that were never going to be on telly during a pandemic, but will the BBC do the right thing and cough up for some Sunday afternoon/Saturday evening matches next season?

36 minutes ago, Miracle Aligner said:

So the BBC showed their first top flight football match for 32 years tonight.

To put that in perspective the last time they showed a match neither I or half a dozen other DL members were born. 

The question is will they actually put their hands in their pockets and buy the rights to some games next season? It's all very well showing games that were never going to be on telly during a pandemic, but will the BBC do the right thing and cough up for some Sunday afternoon/Saturday evening matches next season?

Doubt it as long as the big money (Sky, BT) is being thrown at the football leagues. 

So for at least this morning Bournemouth v Crystal Palace appears to be 2nd highest rated premier league match in history.

It's amazing how many people watch the 10th pick match when it's available for free isn't it? An opportunity for ITV or BBC to try and get a foothold in next season here.

Likely to be beaten by either Newcastle v Sheffield Utd and Everton v Liverpool which are available FTA on Pick today.