Well done Scotland!

And well done England for finally ending David Beckham's England career. And Gary Neville's. And Frank Lampard's..... :lol:

Holy sh*t Glory glory to Scotland, we beat France.......... :lol:

Ah, so that would be why there are folk going about in kilts...

I thought that was par for the course at Buckingham Palace dinner parties?

Holy sh*t Glory glory to Scotland, we beat France.......... :P

Aye, respect, great goal, England did well but Scotland beating a team almost good enough to win the world cup last year, that's a right result.

And let's not forget Russia are ranked lower than Scotland, while France are ranked far higher than England.

Shame that France and Italy will still go through, though :lol:

Holy sh*t Glory glory to Scotland, we beat France.......... :lol:

Ah, so that would be why there are folk going about in kilts...

I thought that was par for the course at Buckingham Palace dinner parties?

If this is about our chat regarding my ancestry the last of the nobility I decend from, died off in 1781. When I say nobility, I mean lower nobility. By lower nobility, I mean they were living in a ruined castle until they started the conversion to Scotland's first lighthouse.

This particular fellow, by the end of his days, was bailed out by his nephew and given quarter at Philorth House...which was asi to have been burned down by a German sympathiser during WW1.

When he died, he was good enough to leave his only child 10 pounds in his will, which she didn't accept. She felt insulted that he hadn't married her mother because his mother didn't approve (or at least that is the story). His mother was the daughter of the 12th Lord Saltoun.

Therefore, I can't see my half 14th cousin 4 times removed inviting me round to her house for tea.

Shame that France and Italy will still go through, though :lol:

Care to bet a cyberspace £5 bet on that? :P

I seem to remember some discussion pre-season about Oldham storming to promotion from League 1. The current league table shows 23 teams above them. They could - I suppose - be trying to lull everyone into a false sense of security.

A heartwarming story of chivalrous sportsmanship, from the unlikely world of professional football (clip: first 30 secs, for non-diehards). And Cowboy Ronnie's First Law of Sports Karma is upheld with the result.

'Twas indeed heartwarming in this cynical footballing age. Although, given its cynicism and financially driven targets, can we now look forward to lowly, struggling teams finding themselves a goal down and presenting a sacrificial cardiac victim to abandon a game? It might well be a tactic to use when star players are out due to suspension or injury and are eligible to play the reinstated fixture.

I think we should keep an eye on Bolton. If anyone's going to be desperate enough to administer induced heart attacks it's going to be Sammy Lee over the course of the season...

Ahem. Possibly.

Cheers,

BHB

Fair point BHB, or maybe we'll see lowly teams making bizarre contract offers to conspicious footballing crocks like Gazza, placing them on the bench and fielding them as second half subs if the games are slipping away. Should liven up 'The Championship' on a Sunday morning.

Germany knock Norway out of the Women's World Cup, aided by an own goal. Scored by Ms Quisling, no doubt.

...and they will meet Brazil in the final. So respect to the women's game - it's become just as boringly predictable as the mens!

Willy Top signs for Bradford. So he's coming (arf arf) to the English game.

I quite like the name of York City's midfield powerhouse: Emmanuel Panther.

Should we stick Dida on the critical list for 2008? Anyone who needs to be carried off on a stretcher after having his chin tickled is obviously in constant peril of death!

Should we stick Dida on the critical list for 2008? Anyone who needs to be carried off on a stretcher after having his chin tickled is obviously in constant peril of death!

One of the funniest yet most revolting things seen on a football pitch for a while. Dida should have a decent WWF career ahead of him.

One of the funniest yet most revolting things seen on a football pitch for a while. Dida should have a decent WWF career ahead of him.

Coming to a pitch near you soon

I have looked at this carefully and it's pretty clear what happened: the fan passed on some highly contagious and fast acting virus that overcame Dida in the way that sometimes happens to hapless Londoners in episodes of Dr Who. The ice pack was applied to reduce his raging fever. The fan must have been a carrier who had built up an immunity in Scotland's colder climate. This seems a plausible explanation.

Speaking of plausibility; Carlisle third, goal difference +8

I'm getting vertigo. Still reckon it'll be play-offs at best, mind. And - despite how much people hate them - respect to Leeds who look like being the first team to win a championship from a start of -15 points.

Gillingham chairman offers free tickets and free travel, the latter to Carlisle.

Cos, yesterday, his team were shite.

Gillingham chairman offers free tickets and free travel, the latter to Carlisle.

Cos, yesterday, his team were shite.

I hope no-one gets trampled in the rush.

Spare a thought for the beautiful game

Should be a good 'un at Brunton Park today, Gillingham's last away performance being such a disgrace that the club have laid on free transport to anyone brave enough to watch them travel nearly 400 miles to get slaughtered. 5-0 in our favour last time they came, here's hoping.....

We never did identify a Kent correspondent did we? So I'm guessing there's no Gills fans, or people with an inside track on C-Diff central in Maidstone hereabouts.