Godot

Jeremy Thorpe

Didn't anyone have a read on the article concerning Broon's

non-existant voting record on gay rights?

Hmm interesting. It seems that Gordy might end up being more attractive

to Middle England than we think...

Gordo won't be attractive to Middle England until he reduces his stealth taxes.

Never has so much money been wasted by so few.

Jeremy Thorpe "emerges from the woodwork" to do something boring.

Well, this shoots Pulphack's "he can't do anything for himself" exclusive right out of the window. I don't doubt he's ill, but if he can write, or at least dictate, he must be capable of having some strength & independence.

Gordo won't be attractive to Middle England until he reduces his stealth taxes.

Never has so much money been wasted by so few.

There will always be taxes...

OoO - just followed that link and couldn't see anything about thorpe on it? what's he been doing? i never said what i was told was authoratitve, just through a couple of people. i might be nitpicking here, but then so are you. and anyway, when does being able to dictate a message to someone have anyhing to do with kidney function or wiping your own arse? betjeman, for instance, was lucid to then end, and even did a great interview (any regrets, john? 'I wish i'd had more sex') when his body was packing up. mind and body don't always keep step with parkinsons. 'shoots' and 'exclusive' were things i tried to steer clear of with what i stressed were word of mouth accounts - please don't put words into mine.

OoO - just followed that link and couldn't see anything about thorpe on it? what's he been doing? i never said what i was told was authoratitve, just through a couple of people. i might be nitpicking here, but then so are you. and anyway, when does being able to dictate a message to someone have anyhing to do with kidney function or wiping your own arse? betjeman, for instance, was lucid to then end, and even did a great interview (any regrets, john? 'I wish i'd had more sex') when his body was packing up. mind and body don't always keep step with parkinsons. 'shoots' and 'exclusive' were things i tried to steer clear of with what i stressed were word of mouth accounts - please don't put words into mine.

There is an item there about Thorpe writing a piece. I agree with Pulphack here OoO, you do some sterling work and do appear to be a mini-encyclopedia of death-related trivia. But you should not set yourself up as self-appointed arbiter of what matters and what doesn't. Deathlisters are capable of making their own judgements and that "shoots out of the window" (a new variation of blown out of the water?) comment was a bit harsh.

There are many net-trawlers here but not so many who get good on-the-ground stuff. I think Thorpe is going to be on my list next year.

Well, I think both of you are over-reacting a bit. Maybe too much sun?

Canadian Paul's link deserved some sort of comment, because precious few people on here seem to actually be bothering about decent candidates for next year. Off went everybody talking about Gordon Brown. If, Thorpe, who "can't do anything for himself", is suddenly writing a book , I find that quite significant, confirmed, authorative news, and I responded as such. Based on that, Thorpe will NOT be on my list next year unless, in the very unlikely chance, my potential 20 all drop dead.

and I hardly think I'm above people here. There are others who do that far, far, better than me here.

Anyway, I've got better things to do. Back in a week or so.

Canadian Paul's link deserved some sort of comment, because precious few people on here seem to actually be bothering about decent candidates for next year. Off went everybody talking about Gordon Brown. If, Thorpe, who "can't do anything for himself", is suddenly writing a book , I find that quite significant, confirmed, authorative news, and I responded as such. Based on that, Thorpe will NOT be on my list next year unless, in the very unlikely chance, my potential 20 all drop dead.

and I hardly think I'm above people here. There are others who do that far, far, better than me here.

Brilliance and petulance in the same bed again. Have a great time.

Indeed, the above could be good news all round for us, he's certainly failing but may well retain a pulse in early 2007. I'll have him as a DP pick for sure.

Gordon attractive? I am ............... speechless with apoplectic rage. I can't bear the one eyed scottish twunt. :angry:

Gordy's a twunt!!!!!!!

What's his posting name?

We could have the inside track on loads of high profile political deaths comng our way.

Gordy's a twunt!!!!!!!

What's his posting name?

We could have the inside track on loads of high profile political deaths comng our way.

Yup, he could keep an eye out for us.

Could be ghost-written though....

could very well be. was i over-reacting? i dunno, maybe some people like being called liars. my mate who went out with thorpe's carer is not prone to exaggeration, but i can't vouch for her, hence the initial qualification. having said that, she was talking about his physical degeneration, not mental. if people with the physical problems of christy brown, stephen hawking, and christy nolan can still write books - and my pet parkinson's person, betjeman was still writing to the end - then thorpe could tackle a book with help. dictation, ghosting, etc make this a relatively simple process (and not far removed from the metal equivalent of someone helping him physically, as his carers do).

bollocks. didn't want to rant about it, but for someone who was accusing others of jumping to conclusions, OoO was doing the same. and i expect better of him in that sense, yes.

What's shorter; the tempers on this thread or JT's remaining lifespan?

could very well be. was i over-reacting? i dunno, maybe some people like being called liars. my mate who went out with thorpe's carer is not prone to exaggeration, but i can't vouch for her, hence the initial qualification. having said that, she was talking about his physical degeneration, not mental. if people with the physical problems of christy brown, stephen hawking, and christy nolan can still write books - and my pet parkinson's person, betjeman was still writing to the end - then thorpe could tackle a book with help. dictation, ghosting, etc make this a relatively simple process (and not far removed from the metal equivalent of someone helping him physically, as his carers do).

bollocks. didn't want to rant about it, but for someone who was accusing others of jumping to conclusions, OoO was doing the same. and i expect better of him in that sense, yes.

Mind you, a Parkinson's stricken septugenarian on the brink of death would probably

string a few sentences rather better than potato head Wayne Rooney could without

his ghost-writer Hunter Davies..... :angry:

Having had a while away, I have had time to reflect and maybe I was too harsh. Apologies Mr. Godot & Mr. Pulphack. But I still ain't going to put Thorpey in my DDP top 20 unless fresh news suggests otherwise.

Having had a while away, I have had time to reflect and maybe I was too harsh. Apologies Mr. Godot & Mr. Pulphack. But I still ain't going to put Thorpey in my DDP top 20 unless fresh news suggests otherwise.

No need OoO, no offence taken. A holiday from this place will have done you good. I need one too but rather drastically I'm going to sea for a while on a boat that I wish was bit bigger than it is. Iain's return is all the incentive I need.

Thanks for the thought, OoO, but no real need. Disagreements and debate (ahem) are what make this forum interesting. And as it goes, Thorpe is an enigma - he could linger long.

Thorpe is an enigma

One of the more positive comments applied to his politcal career since the late eighties.

Born in West Cumbria, what can I say, I'm easily impressed.

Still getting around & about - JT visits a hospital

If he's still making public functions, then clearly his Parkinson's hasn't completely incapicatated him yet.

I said in August he's not going on my DDP list, and I see little to change that view now, especially with so many other candidates vying for the spot.

Still getting around & about - JT visits a hospital

If he's still making public functions, then clearly his Parkinson's hasn't completely incapicatated him yet.

I said in August he's not going on my DDP list, and I see little to change that view now, especially with so many other candidates vying for the spot.

I thought the DDP was a competition...

Those attending included Doris Dibble, what a name. Should've been in Trumpton!

Guest David
Ah good, I was a bit surprised that he didn't have his own thread. I'm learning a lot too.

Right now, Thorpe is at a cautious #16 on my list of about 30, which of course makes him eligible for the DDP. What I've heard about Parkinson's is close to what MBH2 said, that especially at 20+ he's one to watch.

Just not enough information out there really though (on Thorpe, not Parkinsons).

Well, I suppose one must feel a great deal of sympathy for Jeremy Thorpe. After all, he did lose everything by being a very naughty boy, didn't he? <_<