Godot

Jeremy Thorpe

Ah good, I was a bit surprised that he didn't have his own thread. I'm learning a lot too.

Right now, Thorpe is at a cautious #16 on my list of about 30, which of course makes him eligible for the DDP. What I've heard about Parkinson's is close to what MBH2 said, that especially at 20+ he's one to watch.

Just not enough information out there really though (on Thorpe, not Parkinsons).

Well, I suppose one must feel a great deal of sympathy for Jeremy Thorpe. After all, he did lose everything by being a very naughty boy, didn't he? <_<

He didn't lose his freedom. Neither did he lose the support of his wife. He was, as the prisoner suspended from the ankles says in The Life of Brian, a "lucky, lucky bastard"

He didn't lose his freedom. Neither did he lose the support of his wife. He was, as the prisoner suspended from the ankles says in The Life of Brian, a "lucky, lucky bastard"

Though "lucky bugger" might express it more nicely in Mr Thorpe's case.

Interview in the Guardian...

I think he might be alright for a bit...

damn, I put him slightly higher up in my list from last year

Hmmm...he's on my DDP. Still, you can't have them all and I'm not exactly doing badly am I? :rolleyes:

Hmmm...he's on my DDP. Still, you can't have them all and I'm not exactly doing badly am I? :rolleyes:

true, I've managed to get 4 so far in the DP that I'm running. I was daft enough to keep Edmund Hillary off my list. Still can't remember why I left him off

No news healthwise on Jeremy Thorpe, but the BBC tell us that he used to enjoy a spot of deathwatching himself.

Lib Dem lore has it that Jeremy Thorpe used to eye up ailing MPs and put an expected date of death on his office calendar to prepare the party for a by-election.

No news healthwise on Jeremy Thorpe, but the BBC tell us that he used to enjoy a spot of deathwatching himself.

Lib Dem lore has it that Jeremy Thorpe used to eye up ailing MPs and put an expected date of death on his office calendar to prepare the party for a by-election.

Oh the irony.... :D

Nothing to add since 2008?

Considering how ill he is meant to have been he must be worth a revisit.

Apparently (according to Wiki) he has contributed to an official biography which may clear up some of the circumstances surrounding his resignation but will not allow it to be published until after his death. The Author has tried to get it published but each time it has been blocked by a court injunction.

The publishers must be just waiting for that particular payday and will probably break records from announcement of death to hitting the bookshelves.

Guest J.T

Hello.I am not doing so well, so you may have good news shortly.I have been a fan of deathlist since it's inception in 1987,as I am unable to leave my house due to long term illness and tend to idle my days and nightsw away 'online' or reading..There is nothing I would like more than to add to your tally.Maybe my death will be more productive and useful than my life has been! Anyway good luck,and goodbye for now.Yours, JT

Hello.I am not doing so well, so you may have good news shortly.I have been a fan of deathlist since it's inception in 1987 ...now.Yours, JT

Amazing...especially when you consider the DL didn't appear online for 10-15 years after 1987.

Hello.I am not doing so well, so you may have good news shortly.I have been a fan of deathlist since it's inception in 1987,as I am unable to leave my house due to long term illness and tend to idle my days and nightsw away 'online' or reading..There is nothing I would like more than to add to your tally.Maybe my death will be more productive and useful than my life has been! Anyway good luck,and goodbye for now.Yours, JT

Hello fuckwit.

We don't give a shit about you being added to our tally, you're not on the list. Maybe next year or 2014.

Yours, PB

P.S. Did you really hire the hitman to bump off Norman?

Guest Guest

Jeremy Thorpe has lost his wife of 40 years Marion Thorpe at 87 .She was a famous pianist in her own right http://www.artsjourn...e-has-died.html With Jeremy in a bad way himself this could finish him off

Jeremy Thorpe has lost his wife of 40 years Marion Thorpe at 87 .She was a famous pianist in her own right http://www.artsjourn...e-has-died.html With Jeremy in a bad way himself this could finish him off

Is Norman Scott still alive?

Is Norman Scott still alive?

Was as of 2009 and living in Dartmoor (after all, as one judge - or was it Peter Cook :lol: ? - said, Andrew Newton was incapable of carrying out a simple murder plot without buggering the whole thing up).

He was involved in such a juicy scandal of the 70s, you would assume one of the papers would note his death.

Guest Grizzzly

Lot's of juicy revelations to follow no doubt.

"Bunnies can & will go to France" indeed.........

Great (Norman) Scott!

Thorpe was the last living Liberal MP from the 1950s.

The earliest now are from the 1964 election...

*Eric Lubbock (86) who we heard the other day is terminally ill

*George Mackie, who's 96 next year

Both sit in the Lords. Tick tock, tick tock...

• Like 1

7th hit for me!

ITV put a picture of him at the end of his news at ten obituary with a caption saying 1929-1914:Who employs these morons who don`t proof-read ha!