Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

Great Gigs In The Sky

Hush hush! Dust off your singlet and restyle that mullet, as Kajagoogoo are touring again after 25 years.

Who on God's green earth would in their right mind go to see the Kaja's, other than to mock? Too Shy was marginally entertaining back in the day, but doesn't hold up 26 years on. I could maybe understand going to see Kim Wilde (unless she got fat), Dexy's or even Gary Numan, but Lame-ahl? No ta.

I'm off to see Oasis in Cardiff today. 4-quid-pints and lukewarm burgers a-go-go! Going with my best friend from teenage years, Sarah - we have shared many a gig experience together, indeed she was who I was with when we were propositioned by the Skid Row roadies (see previous tedious postings). She was braver than I though, and at stadium gigs would generally be one of the attention-seeking chavs that would get her t'its out when the big screen cameras focussed on her. Here's hoping our now middle-aged saggy bags of joy stay firmly under our twin-sets today :ghost3:

I'm off to see Oasis in Cardiff today. 4-quid-pints and lukewarm burgers a-go-go! Going with my best friend from teenage years, Sarah - we have shared many a gig experience together, indeed she was who I was with when we were propositioned by the Skid Row roadies (see previous tedious postings). She was braver than I though, and at stadium gigs would generally be one of the attention-seeking chavs that would get her t'its out when the big screen cameras focussed on her. Here's hoping our now middle-aged saggy bags of joy stay firmly under our twin-sets today :ghost3:

Go well Lardy, The Voice of Young Maryport is checking out Oasis at Wembley later this summer, after he's seen the mighty Neil Young - again - with me.

I'm off to see Oasis in Cardiff today. 4-quid-pints and lukewarm burgers a-go-go! Going with my best friend from teenage years, Sarah - we have shared many a gig experience together, indeed she was who I was with when we were propositioned by the Skid Row roadies (see previous tedious postings). She was braver than I though, and at stadium gigs would generally be one of the attention-seeking chavs that would get her t'its out when the big screen cameras focussed on her. Here's hoping our now middle-aged saggy bags of joy stay firmly under our twin-sets today :o

Go well Lardy, The Voice of Young Maryport is checking out Oasis at Wembley later this summer, after he's seen the mighty Neil Young - again - with me.

Well, it was all right. Not the best gig I've ever been to. They played all the old favourites though, so it was good for a sing-a-long. The sound quality was not very good (although this may have been due to where we were standing, I'm not very acoustically knowledgable), and the support bands (The Enemy and Kasabian) were all right, but none of it excited me in the way other live bands have. It was an OK day out, I got covered in beer at least five times, and slobbered over by a fat ginger drunken cretin. And Burger King was shut by the time we got to the services on the way home.

I'm off to see Oasis in Cardiff today. 4-quid-pints and lukewarm burgers a-go-go! Going with my best friend from teenage years, Sarah - we have shared many a gig experience together, indeed she was who I was with when we were propositioned by the Skid Row roadies (see previous tedious postings). She was braver than I though, and at stadium gigs would generally be one of the attention-seeking chavs that would get her t'its out when the big screen cameras focussed on her. Here's hoping our now middle-aged saggy bags of joy stay firmly under our twin-sets today :o

Well, it was all right. Not the best gig I've ever been to. They played all the old favourites though, so it was good for a sing-a-long. The sound quality was not very good (although this may have been due to where we were standing, I'm not very acoustically knowledgable), and the support bands (The Enemy and Kasabian) were all right, but none of it excited me in the way other live bands have. It was an OK day out, I got covered in beer at least five times, and slobbered over by a fat ginger drunken cretin. And Burger King was shut by the time we got to the services on the way home.

Yeh but Lardy, did you think the Foos sounded fantastic? The new Wembley seemed to be acoustically diarrhea as well. It was still one of the best gigs I've ever been to!

The small gigs (to my mind) are the best ones: Kaiser Chiefs at Millenium Square. Awesome!

Yeh but Lardy, did you think the Foos sounded fantastic? The new Wembley seemed to be acoustically diarrhea as well. It was still one of the best gigs I've ever been to!

The small gigs (to my mind) are the best ones: Kaiser Chiefs at Millenium Square. Awesome!

Why is s hit e spelt wrong?

.......because its being moderated, by one or more individuals, stupidly.

I could, in the main, understand what was being said when Dave Grohl was speaking at the Foos - sadly I couldn't hear what Liam was ranting on about, which I'm sure was interesting because it was accompanied by several V-signs towards the crowd. So me and my friend just made up what we thought he'd said, which mainly consisted of us 'the 3.15 to Paddington is now arriving at platform 3' or 'cleaner to aisle 26 please, that's cleaner to aisle 26, baked bean spillage' - which, after a few sunny-afternoon beers, sounded like the funniest thing we'd ever heard.......

Oasis tickets are useless!

Oasis tickets are useless!

If I see one more Downfall parody on Youtube, I'm going to invade Poland! :)

I'm getting spammed with great offers from High Voltage, stellar line-up of oldsters but far from sold out this weekend.

Re final gigs it promises the last ever Heaven and Hell show, paying tribute to the recently departed Dio, and - apparently - the 40th anniversary final performance of ELP.

Still reckon the unretired and still-determined ZZ Top will wipe the floor with the pair of them.

Recently caught a live gig by Jon Anderson and Rick Wakeman, would have to say both gentlemen are in good shape. Wakeman carrying a fair paunch but otherwise definitely on good form, Anderson looking fit and healthy and nowhere near his 66th birthday. Also in fine voice for a man forced to rest up for six months a couple of years back.

Strong rumours, reported in a range of entertainment news places, that the original Black Sabbath are reuniting for live work and...gasp...a NEW ALBUM.

Drug-fried singer, dodgy-hearted drummer.

I mean, I LOVE the Sabs, but they could pay off in terms of an album and dead pool points in the future because of this.

Richard Ashcroft and his former mates have rediscovered their Verve. If this warring band can re-unite I guess it's possible their may be life in The Stone Roses and even The Smiths, given the right offers.

Wad for it: right offer given. Middle-aged ex-ravers, dust off your Reni hats and party like it's 1989.

So, Pink Floyd, Led Zep, The Eagles and The Stone Roses did it. Amongst those with all the core members still breathing who haven't, I guess the current We'll do it When Hell Freezes Over top 3 looks something like;

#1 Abba

# 2 The Smiths

# 3 New Order

All of whom could certainly command a decent fee if they headed out on the road again.

So, Pink Floyd, Led Zep, The Eagles and The Stone Roses did it. Amongst those with all the core members still breathing who haven't, I guess the current We'll do it When Hell Freezes Over top 3 looks something like;

#1 Abba

# 2 The Smiths

# 3 New Order

All of whom could certainly command a decent fee if they headed out on the road again.

That didn't take long, albeit without Hooky.

#1 Abba

# 2 The Smiths

# 3 New Order

Ahem, not forgetting the most pant-wettingly exciting reunion of all time....Take That! Shares in Tenalady rocketed when they toured in the summer!

New Order - Hooky = Beady Eye near as makes no odds.

I've always hoped one of my all time favourite bands, Hüsker Dü, will one day reform. I might have a long wait, as twenty three years after they split up, Bob Mould and Grant Hart still really hate each other.

, anyone?

Richard Coughlin has recovered to the extent that Caravan ended their small-scale British tour last night.

William Hill offering the following odds on these bands playing a gig together by the end of 2016:

Evs Spice Girls

4/1 Westlife

4/1 Oasis

6/1 ABBA

6/1 Guns N Roses (to play with Slash)

8/1 Roxy Music

10/1 Wham

16/1 The Kinks

20/1 Cream (Clapton and Baker)

25/1 REM

25/1 Dire Straits

50/1 The Jam

50/1 Led Zeppelin

William Hill offering the following odds on these bands playing a gig together by the end of 2016:

Evs Spice Girls - Probably will

4/1 Westlife - Probably will

4/1 Oasis - Not a chance

6/1 ABBA - Not a chance

6/1 Guns N Roses (to play with Slash) - Not a chance

8/1 Roxy Music - Don't know

10/1 Wham - Probably won't

16/1 The Kinks - Probably won't

20/1 Cream (Clapton and Baker) - Not a chance

25/1 REM - Not a Chance

25/1 Dire Straits - Probably won't

50/1 The Jam - Not a Chance