Guest Guest

Steve Irwin

Fantastic!

My Great Grandfather would win arguments in pubs by removing his glass eye and claiming he lost his real eye fighting in the trenches. Ironically he actually lost it in a pub argument that turned nasty.

My great uncle lost an eye when he was trying to un-knot a shoelace with a fork & it slipped.

Well since everyone else is at it...

My great grandfather lost three fingers in an accident involving his bike and a bus.

I impaled myself on my bike when I was 9.

(I didn't lose anything apart from my dignity, but it hurt a lot)

I broke my arm on a bike this summer, well I broke it on the ground but was busy parting company with the crashing bike when it happened.

ODE TO STEVE

A bright and brash Australian

The "Hunter" was his name

And all those slimy reptiles

Brought him wealth and fame

Some say he was a looker

To girls, he was a dish

He knew everything about crocodiles But fu*k all about

fish...........

I impaled myself on my bike when I was 9.

(I didn't lose anything apart from my dignity, but it hurt a lot)

I once rode my bike into a hedge in front of my house whilst slightly inhebriated. I was aiming for the space between the house and the fence, but missed. As I was travelling at little more than zero mph, no damage was done to either myself or the hedge, but my mother still tells the story at Christmas dinner and the like.

On a thematic note, I have never suffered any fish-related injuries.

Fantastic!

My Great Grandfather would win arguments in pubs by removing his glass eye and claiming he lost his real eye fighting in the trenches. Ironically he actually lost it in a pub argument that turned nasty.

My great uncle lost an eye when he was trying to un-knot a shoelace with a fork & it slipped.

Well since everyone else is at it...

My great grandfather lost three fingers in an accident involving his bike and a bus.

My grandfather is all in one piece. He's stood the test of time 30% better than other leading brands.

My great grandfather died peacefully in his sleep at the age of 90, that's more than you can say for all the Germans who got on the business end of his Lewis gun in WW1!

My grandfather also died peacefully asleep, the passengers in his taxi were shitting themselves at the time.

Go well.

Irwin manager takes aim at US rapper

Quote: "During the track, Kass takes aim at The Game with the line "You're the waste of LA ... you the Crocodile Hunter, I am the stingray". "

How terribly disrespectful!

About as respectful as the stuff on offer and for perusal here.

Quote: "During the track, Kass takes aim at The Game with the line "You're the waste of LA ... you the Crocodile Hunter, I am the stingray". "

This Ras Kass fellow is fairly interesting, if you've got a few minutes. I must say, rap doesn't particularly thrill me, but I admit that I was amused at that clever little line.

Yes, character assasination for the poor old stingray.

RAS KASS HITS BACK OVER STRINGRAY RAP

"I am a hip-hop artist. Hip-hop is like any other art form; nothing is sacred, nothing is off limits. As such, I have used historical events and current events as metaphors to express a greater perspective to certain ideas and points. At other times, I myself, have been referenced - be it in a positive or negative light. That is part of the creative process and the nature of what rap music is. I in no way have, or have had, any ill will towards the late Steve Irwin."

... what sort of rap is that? Couldn't he have interspersed it with a few "uh! uh! uhs!"?

Hang on a minute though, maybe we should use the above statement as a stock reply to the ranters (replace "hip-hop" and "rap music" with "death list", and "Steve Irwin" with the appropriate name).

Cheers* RAS KASS

(* trans = respect)

What sort of rap is that?

Uh, one - you know - written by the lawyers for his record company I'd say, mah man.

Uh, one - you know - written by the lawyers for his record company I'd say, mah man.

MPFC, maybe you are underestimating the man: "He is recognized as one of the most intelligent members of the hip hop community"

That is from his Wikipedia entry, so it must be correct (says iain).

MPFC, maybe you are underestimating the man: "He is recognized as one of the most intelligent members of the hip hop community"

That is from his Wikipedia entry, so it must be correct (says iain).

To re-iterate a question posed by TLC on another thread, do you have me on ignore? (Scroll up a few posts...)

We're all learning something about our little community today aren't we? :D

A beautiful episode that was. First Satan (dressed like a schoolgirl) approaches Irwin, not knowing it was Irwin, and said it was too soon after Irwin's death to wear a costume poking fun at the way he died. At that point, Irwin admits that it's no costume, he is Steve Irwin and gets kicked out for having no costume. That portion of the episode was funnier than Notorious B.I.G. being summoned in peoples' mirrors repeatedly while trying to get to Satan's party and Adolf Hitler being dressed as the annoying Verizon (cell phone company) "Can you hear me now?" guy.

Comedy Central defended the episode saying that the show has offended people before, and they'll continue to offend people...oh well, people are just going to have to deal with it.

Yeah, nothing may be sacred to Ras Kass, whoever that idiot it, but he's not in league with Matt Stone and Trey Parker of South Park. Truly NOTHING is sacred to that show.

Last show to be aired, no footage from the final day, mind. Mebbe saving that as an 'extra' on the DVD!

Panto depicting Steve's life. Some people don't think it's funny. :D

It promises a great finale though (a twist at the end with a sting in the tail), all the audience shouting: "It's below you."

It promises a great finale though (a twist at the end with a sting in the tail), all the audience shouting: "It's below you."

:P:)

A Punch & Judy show might be more appropriate (with the crocodile).

Bob Irwin, Steve's dad, has been rushed to hospital after suffering a heart attack, for anyone playing along at home.

420bob-420x0.jpg

Can't believe it's already 10 years since he was killed by that evil stingray.Does anyone happen to know if it was ever captured or killed ?