Saint Peter

Death List Convention

Where will the Grand Convention of 2008 be meeting?

Oh yes indeed!

I remember comparing the Brel, Scott Walker and SAHB versions of this song with a work colleague and deciding Mr Harvey was the only one who you could really imagine being there in real life.

or you ask who is Next :) .

Update.

It would appear that, unlike last year, the Pub no longer reserves tables.

During my conversation with a very nice young lady, she did wonder whether we would be attending in Fancy Dress attire.

I pointed out that it really wouldnt be a good idea...!

Anyway, turn up when you can, just look around at the most likely candidates for being members of this forum ( or just members) and introduce yourself.

If it helps, I will be mostly wearing a green T shirt with writing on ( I dont know what it says because i cant read yet)

Come and find me, i will be there at around midday with Lardy.

I expect I'll be looking in at some stage. Check everyone's behaving themselves and all that.

Will you be bringing my ******? I've been a little lost without it.

Funny you should say that.

I was somewhat distraught not to be able to find it today.

Still tomorrow is another day.

Don't worry, I've got a spare, I'll bring it.

Thank goodness for that.

I think Lady Grendel has one too, perhaps if she brings it along as well we can do without Anubis' one until it turns up.

I can only assume my kids have pinched it, but I can't get hold of them at the moment. Probably out demanding sweeties with menaces.

Thank goodness for that.

I think Lady Grendel has one too, perhaps if she brings it along as well we can do without Anubis' one until it turns up.

I can only assume my kids have pinched it, but I can't get hold of them at the moment. Probably out demanding sweeties with menaces.

You know, this might be a good time for someone to consider investing in one of these thingamabobs for not losing stuff. Especially ATJ.

I'll introduce this post with exploiting the fact that the long anticipated spectacle of which will consist of the morbid gods who make this subject worth while - will be held at some rendezvous on this very earth in a matter of hours.

Now, to kick this off, "I wasn't invited". I can only assume that one might be occupied with viewing that result as a complete outrage. The next person on the other hand might be doing the lottery dance. Either way, let's face it, if I actually attended there would only be about four people in the place. A bartender, two waitresses, and some asshole in a green T-shirt. Generally, I would envision a hot dinner date with more of a rebellious diva. (If you want me to be upfront, I actually didn't expect him to invite me) even as it's not "if I would have went" but it's "the principal."

Because after all .. if it weren't for me, this website would have been shut down a long time ago. (Probably not, but it wouldn't be as cool) and some of you can be in denial about that. (In the end, we all make it great)

Since I'm such a sage at heart .. let me enlighten all of you children with a reminder "He who knows his limits will own a full experience"

Enjoy. (And I'm dead serious)

I'll introduce this post with exploiting the fact that the long anticipated spectacle of which will consist of the morbid gods who make this subject worth while - will be held at some rendezvous on this very earth in a matter of hours.

Now, to kick this off, "I wasn't invited". I can only assume that one might be occupied with viewing that result as a complete outrage. The next person on the other hand might be doing the lottery dance. Either way, let's face it, if I actually attended there would only be about four people in the place. A bartender, two waitresses, and some asshole in a green T-shirt. Generally, I would envision a hot dinner date with more of a rebellious diva. (If you want me to be upfront, I actually didn't expect him to invite me) even as it's not "if I would have went" but it's "the principal."

Because after all .. if it weren't for me, this website would have been shut down a long time ago. (Probably not, but it wouldn't be as cool) and some of you can be in denial about that. (In the end, we all make it great)

Since I'm such a sage at heart .. let me enlighten all of you children with a reminder "He who knows his limits will own a full experience"

Sorry to pop your bubble Banshee, but this wasn't an invitation-only event.

If you wanted to front up, all you needed to do was find out where this years' event was. Each and every one of the attendees found out, along with quite a few others who couldn't, myself included. All it took was a PM or two. None of us were invited, but everyone was welcome to go.

If you had attended, I'm sure the number of DL'ers going would have increased, if only for some of our less understanding members to give you a good hiding. Unfortunately, being of the antipodean DL variety, I wasn't able to be there either. I'm sure it would be a right old knees up.

You're not coming? You ungrateful bastard, I just shaved my legs especially for you, and changed my bedsheets on the offchance you might see me home. I might as well stay at home now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principal -> the first line says "Not to be confused with principle."

and some asshole in a green T-shirt

Get with the programme BS.....it's blue. And that little CUFC motif means.....ah, never mind.

Thanks for the good wishes, mind.

I smell kerosene as the turbines on the Marycopter ignite. Strong winds expected around the midlands but we should touchdown almost within sight of the pie and pint.

Go well!

A quiet turnout but a really good time was had by those of us that made the effort to attend, all but one attendee came from well outwith the London area. AtJ, your ****** is heading to Scotland now, may cost you to get it back :lol: .

A quiet turnout but a really good time was had by those of us that made the effort to attend, all but one attendee came from well outwith the London area. AtJ, your ****** is heading to Scotland now, may cost you to get it back :lol: .

Sorry I didn't make it folks. I had every intention of turning out, but we were coming back from a family half-term holiday, weather was horrific on motorways and so eventually limped home at 8pm. Thought the hour or so tube ride to London to arrive at pub by about 9.30pm was probably too little too late. Will do better next time!

DWB :lol:

The Magnificent Seven who attended were:

Maryport aka James Coburn (Cumbria)

Lady Grendel aka Horst Buchholz (Kelso)

Rotten Ali aka Brad Dexter (Nottingham)

NAP aka Charles Bronson (Germany)

LFN aka Yul Brynner (Norfolk)

Lard Bazaar aka Steve McQueen (Wiltshire)

Me aka Robert Vaughn (about 5 miles away)

Shame on the rest of youse no-shows. :lol: To be fair, it was raining like a bastard and half the tube network was shut down, like every weekend. I think this might have to become a spring/summer event.

(PS - props to Nelly for doing the organising)

Edited by harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

The Magnificent Seven who attended were:

Maryport (Cumbria)

Lady Grendel (Kelso)

Rotten Ali (Nottingham)

NAP (Germany)

LFN (Norfolk)

Lard Bazaar (Wiltshire)

Me (about 5 miles away)

Shame on the rest of youse. :lol:

Given that I was not informed on where this convention/piss up was meeting, it was impossible for me to attend.

It must be said though, that I probably would not have gone anyway.

Well, I had a lovely time! Everyone who came was lovely, and I honestly am pleased to have met you all. I only wish I could have contributed more to your discussions in an intelligent way, rather than with 'mmm yes another large white wine would be lovely, thanks' :-) It was great fun, let's hope we can do it again next year.

Well, I had a lovely time! Everyone who came was lovely, and I honestly am pleased to have met you all. I only wish I could have contributed more to your discussions in an intelligent way, rather than with 'mmm yes another large white wine would be lovely, thanks' :-) It was great fun, let's hope we can do it again next year.

Nah you're doing yourself a disservice there LB, your astute observations on the mentality of West Country folk and the whole Russel Brand/Jonathan Ross fiasco were well received by myself at least. And so was the confirmation that your deadpool picking follows the same scientific method as myself and not that slapdash pin and a list of names garbage favoured by Rotten Ali.

Bit gutted to have left so early as to miss the Kelso contingent and HMBWA but if I hadn't nipped round the corner bang on 5-00 I think Mrs MPFC would have bought up the entire stock of La Senza on Oxford Street. For reasons best known to themselves the top lingerie chains have - of late - been thin on the ground in Maryport.