Saint Peter

Death List Convention

What's Banshees got to do with this?

Did you know we have the same question? Anyway, I won't make this an issue but while I'm in this thread, I'll mention that the individual who organized this gathering is uncontactable in my case. I wanted to lend him advice as to where the event should be held but I couldn't reach him. I said that I wasn't invited 'as a joke " and even if I really did want to meet and make friends, it wasn't an option due to the circumstances. I'm not really here to socialize with you people but that doesn't mean I don't think the majority of you are all very facinating. I'm sure it would be very revealing but there are so many unknowns involved. If it ever happens now is not the time. I don't see it as being realistic right now. I'll leave it at that.

My thanks to Harry for returning a substitute ****** to me. How you managed to get such a large one in such a small box I will never know.

God bless the British Museum.

I think I'll do all my shopping there in future.

If you cant get more than half a dozen people turn up to a venue in London, whats the f*****g point in holding it outside of England? I was made aware of those that "might" those that would but were unable to and those ( the worst of the f*****g lot ) who "Really, really" wanted to come down and "really really" were coming down but failed to show and, suprise suprise have suddenly gone quiet on here.

I know the people who were unable to make it ( The Graves) those that might turn up ( Godot ) and that was fine.

The thing that twated me off was the fact that the meet had been known about MONTHS in advance.

So why say that you are definately going to come when you f*****g arent?

Thats just wank.

Agreed, LFN put in a lot of his time to organise it, with good and bad results, for the 'Magnificent Seven' it was a great afternoon/evening, I certainly don't regret travelling 350 miles to attend, I'll make the effort to attend DL Con III, if there is one. Having met 9 DL'ers now, and I've liked every one of them, I'll be there. I for one, wouldn't want to organise it, I live in the middle of nowhere but I don't think LFN has had the credit he deserves for organising it, it was quite an achievement to get 7 people, who've never met each other in their lives, to travel such distances and get together, well all I can say is well done LFN, see you next April/May <_< .

Alphonsin, I wasnt refering to you, I knew you would either just appear or not at all.

The thrust of my whinge was at people who said they would and didnt despite living within the same country border and having zillions of days notice.

Logistically a more central venue would be better, however, those based London way wont turn up, those that have travelled from overseas find London more convienient ( Stansted and family around London) I find it a very straightforward train journey, as did LB and RA ( at least i think you did RA ) which leaves the hero of the day LG who, travelled down on our fantastic Rail network.

I think, unless somebody else has a more concrete idea, London is probably the best of the bunch.

He was referring to me obviously.

If you cant get more than half a dozen people turn up to a venue in London, whats the f*****g point in holding it outside of England? I was made aware of those that "might" those that would but were unable to and those ( the worst of the f*****g lot ) who "Really, really" wanted to come down and "really really" were coming down but failed to show and, suprise suprise have suddenly gone quiet on here.

I know the people who were unable to make it ( The Graves) those that might turn up ( Godot ) and that was fine.

The thing that twated me off was the fact that the meet had been known about MONTHS in advance.

So why say that you are definately going to come when you f*****g arent?

Thats just wank.

Agreed, LFN put in a lot of his time to organise it, with good and bad results, for the 'Magnificent Seven' it was a great afternoon/evening, I certainly don't regret travelling 350 miles to attend, I'll make the effort to attend DL Con III, if there is one. Having met 9 DL'ers now, and I've liked every one of them, I'll be there. I for one, wouldn't want to organise it, I live in the middle of nowhere but I don't think LFN has had the credit he deserves for organising it, it was quite an achievement to get 7 people, who've never met each other in their lives, to travel such distances and get together, well all I can say is well done LFN, see you next April/May <_< .

Alphonsin, I wasnt refering to you, I knew you would either just appear or not at all.

The thrust of my whinge was at people who said they would and didnt despite living within the same country border and having zillions of days notice.

Logistically a more central venue would be better, however, those based London way wont turn up, those that have travelled from overseas find London more convienient ( Stansted and family around London) I find it a very straightforward train journey, as did LB and RA ( at least i think you did RA ) which leaves the hero of the day LG who, travelled down on our fantastic Rail network.

I think, unless somebody else has a more concrete idea, London is probably the best of the bunch.

He was referring to me obviously.

Not at all H, you let me know back in September you weren't going to make it and I passed that info on to LFN :) .

As LG says Handy, I wasnt refering to you either. Those that were in my firing line have sodded off to wherever they came from.

I was going to send you a PM about it but, strike a bloody light, your inbox is yet again full!!! <_<

As LG says Handy, I wasnt refering to you either. Those that were in my firing line have sodded off to wherever they came from.

I was going to send you a PM about it but, strike a bloody light, your inbox is yet again full!!! :skull:

I apologise. Just feeling a abit stressed and stress makes me paranoid.

Can we have DL Con III ('In London No-one Can Hear You Think' ) in high summer this year, please? It'll still rain but at least it'll be warmer.

I think you just elected yourself as Grand High Organiser. Congratulations. Be sure to let us know where and when you've arranged it this year.

Can we have DL Con III ('In London No-one Can Hear You Think' ) in high summer this year, please? It'll still rain but at least it'll be warmer.

I think you just elected yourself as Grand High Organiser. Congratulations. Be sure to let us know where and when you've arranged it this year.

I'd love to meet you all ....but sadly I'm busy on that day....

Fortunately for you, it's being held on top of Uluru this time around. That is, if the bleedin' abos don't mind, mate. Bring yer own XXXX (and your own ******, naturally).

Grobler, you're welcome to bring Maggie along as your date, just don't let her drool on the table, please.

I seem to be paying for a couple of state level competitions, a trip to St. Louis and an Eagle Scout Court of Honor so I'm going to have to take a miss this year as well.

Not that I would have made it anyway, but this way it sounds better.

I seem to be paying for a couple of state level competitions, a trip to St. Louis and an Eagle Scout Court of Honor so I'm going to have to take a miss this year as well.

Have you ever thought of organising a DLCon1US (© Windsor) CarolAnn? You have my cell phone no. and I'm sure I could get enough of us Brits together to listen to the ensuing 'fireworks' on loudspeaker ;) .

It could be possible to organise a DL-AussieCon, but I'm not sure how many DLers are on this continent.

I know Gunjaman5000 is, but he might as well be on the far side of the moon, seeing as he's gone native out in the west.

Have you ever thought of organising a DLCon1US (© Windsor) CarolAnn? You have my cell phone no. and I'm sure I could get enough of us Brits together to listen to the ensuing 'fireworks' on loudspeaker ;) .

Everyone is so far apart I'm not sure it would work out. We'd all have to converge on Lebanon, Kansas. That's 550 miles away from me with no trains. lol

If any US DL'ers are interested let me know, though. I'm sure we could find a center somewhere if there's enough of us.

Guest B_Scream

Everyone is so far apart I'm not sure it would work out. We'd all have to converge on Lebanon, Kansas. That's 550 miles away from me with no trains. lol

If any US DL'ers are interested let me know, though. I'm sure we could find a center somewhere if there's enough of us.

Sure thing. Zed's basement works for me

It could be possible to organise a DL-AussieCon, but I'm not sure how many DLers are on this continent.

I know Gunjaman5000 is, but he might as well be on the far side of the moon, seeing as he's gone native out in the west.

I was a thousand kilometres closer to yours (Brissie?) in Christchurch than from here in sunny Port Hedland. Keen for a beer though if you're ever over this way, or more likely over your way if/when I take the gunjalings to the 'Worlds' on the Gold Coast.

Haven't gone native yet, but finally heard a funny sheep-shagging joke.

Q. Have you heard New Zealand's found two new uses for Sheep?

A. Meat and wool.

About as witty as they come in an iron ore mining town.

Guest Zed's dead baby

Sure thing. Zed's basement works for me

Would you be playing the role of the (g)imp?

So Harry, do you really want the "gig" to organise DL Con III?

So Harry, do you really want the "gig" to organise DL Con III?

No, ta. I did my bit for the first one. Time one of the London no-shows from DL Con II (DWB/CR/AtJ - all of whom hold a lofty DL status I can never hope to attain ;) ) took up the reins.

Oh, and if we're having it in summer may I suggest a more pastoral venue - don't want the back of my neck gettin' dirty & gritty...

font="Comic Sans MS"]No, ta. I did my bit for the first one. Time one of the London no-shows from DL Con II (DWB/CR/AtJ - all of whom hold a lofty DL status I can never hope to attain ;) ) took up the reins.

Oh, and if we're having it in summer may I suggest a more pastoral venue - don't want the back of my neck gettin' dirty & gritty...[/font]

Well that's settled then, New Zealand it is. Remember to bring the mint sauce and knitting needles.

This is me sticking my hand up for the non-ANZACs. If we want 'High Summer', then allow me to suggest Saturday July 25. I've a working knowledge of central London hostelries and would be delighted to co-ordinate. Given enough notice, I may even seek to arrange a Death Crawl.

I was going to say f**k all but I cant.

The first meet was organised and the organiser failed to turn up....

We,as in the rest of us who did, somehow managed to bodge our way into it and it was very successful.

The next meet, organised by me, was a case of emailing those I KNEW might be interested and ensuring that one set of guests could fit it around their visit to the UK ( NAP will turn up, with sufficient notice, whenever, he is the perfect guest to accomodate ) hence the November date. Unfortunately they couldnt attend, which was a pity because they are genuinly lovely people.

As the majority of us were commuting from far and wide and the trains home would have to be caught before 10PM, we turned up at mid day/ early afternoon. The one person who actually lived in London turned up, with guest, early evening. Cosmic

A summer rendezvous? Would you actually turn up if the sun was shining and not setting then Harry?

Twelvetrees, I would suggest you get things into motion. If you want any names of who would be interested, PM me, I will be happy to help.

I will also let you know who the time wasters are, you know, the " I really, really want to come!!" then either fall off the face of the f*****g earth or have a terrible case of falling down the stairs the night before and spending DL day in casualty......yeah like f**k!!!

Worst comes to the worst I will do another one. it aint rocket science FFS.

PS: arry, you are a git :(

Can someone come up with an embarrassed smiley please :(

The day when genuine, nice, honest and decent people feel the need for an "embarrassed smiley" because its been pointed out that they are genuinly lovely people, will be the day we all need to pack up and sod off home.

Anyway, who said I was talking about you? :(

This is me sticking my hand up for the non-ANZACs. If we want 'High Summer', then allow me to suggest Saturday July 25. I've a working knowledge of central London hostelries and would be delighted to co-ordinate. Given enough notice, I may even seek to arrange a Death Crawl.

Well I've noted the date in my diary,

"Make-it-so", Number 12.