Tuber Mirum

Near misses 2006

Maurice Colclough, former England Rugy player has died of a brain tumour at the age of 52.

Maurice Colclough, former England Rugy player has died of a brain tumour at the age of 52.

and here's a link//// Colclough dead...former Grand Slam Winner

Colclough won 25 England caps and was a member of the 1980 Grand Slam Team twiice touring with the Lions. Former teammate Bill Beaumont wept heavy tears as he said "Maurice was a powerful and very athletic rugby player.

Mr.Colclough died at the tender age of 52 after a long battle against a brain tumour.

Born in Oxford on September 2, 1953, this Virgo was educated at the Duke of York's Royal Military School, Dover and Liverpool University where he played for Liverpool RFC.

He went on to become one of the first Englishmen to play in France where he caotaiined Angouleme.. Later he played for Wasps and Swansea.

Surviving him are his wife the lovely Annie and their five children.

BTW, I've been meaning to ask (no doubt I'm going to show my ignorance to all now), but who is that odd looking geezer in your current avatar?

Is he a Canadian Conservative?

he's Vincent Schiavelli an actor who was in Ghost and also a James Bond movie , to name 2 , who died on Boxing day 2005

I think your cache is a bit outdated dear guest...

Colclough won 25 England caps and was a member of the 1980 Grand Slam Team twiice touring with the Lions. Former teammate Bill Beaumont wept heavy tears as he said "Maurice was a powerful and very athletic rugby player.

Mr.Colclough died at the tender age of 52 after a long battle against a brain tumour.

Born in Oxford on September 2, 1953, this Virgo was educated at the Duke of York's Royal Military School, Dover and Liverpool University where he played for Liverpool RFC.

He went on to become one of the first Englishmen to play in France where he caotaiined Angouleme.. Later he played for Wasps and Swansea.

:P

BTW, I've been meaning to ask (no doubt I'm going to show my ignorance to all now), but who is that odd looking geezer in your current avatar?

Is he a Canadian Conservative?

That's Gilles Duceppe, leader of the Bloc Quebecois. I forget exactly why I chose him to be my avatar... I think it had something to do with me hating the Bloc Quebecois and wanting to propegate some wishful thinking.

Thank you.

I was still none the wiser as to he was, so I looked him up & am a little bit wiser.

Also found this... I think it's meant to be funny, but I don't speak Canadian... let me know if it tickled your funny bone or not.

That Funny Looking Bloke From Canadian Paul's Avatar In A Bottle

:skill2:

Third time's the charm, eh Bruno.

Also found this... I think it's meant to be funny, but I don't speak Canadian... let me know if it tickled your funny bone or not.

Well "Mr. Propre" is the actual French product name for "Mr. Clean," but since I don't know much about French-Canadian politics, I don't quite get the joke.

Great visual though I think. :skill2:

Guest iain

former Labour MP and health minister John Dunwoody (former husband of labour MP Gwyneth Dunwoody) has died in an accident aged 75

Former South African cabinet minister Chris Heunis died on Friday, Beeld newspaper reported.

Heunis had been treated for organ failure in a Somerset-West clinic for the past six weeks.

Apartheid strongman Heunis dies

Guest iain

legendary r and b singer Gene McFadden has died at 55

damn it someone got there first i see

Legendary!!!!!

Third time's the charm, eh Bruno.

Apparently.....

Guest iain
Legendary!!!!!

yes he was wasnt he .R.I.P

What is exactlyu an R.I.P. Iain????

Well "Mr. Propre" is the actual French product name for "Mr. Clean," but since I don't know much about French-Canadian politics, I don't quite get the joke.

Great visual though I think. :skill2:

The German version of that stuff, Meister Proper has become a symbol for the Neo-Nazis.

Meister-Proper.jpg

So most Germans would get it right away.

The Telegraph obtuaries page surpassed itself this morning with a fine obit on Derek Reid, former chief mushroom expert at Kew who would have been a gem for any dead pool. Unfortunately the obit does not include the splendid accompanying photograph.

It must be left to your imagination then after reading this extract:

"Derek Reid always had a sense of fun, but during his early career he was shy, studious and bald. His forties, however, coincided with the permissive Seventies, and he celebrated with the adoption of a luxuriant wig, a collection of 200 dazzling ties and an exuberant manner to match. His marriage did not survive this transformation."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...1/28/db2801.xml

Speaking of interesting obits, here's one on James Fitzgerald, who pioneered the military's use of dolphins.

"To this day, Mr. Fitzgerald's work and the military's subsequent use of dolphins, whales and sea lions remain controversial and, for the most part, cloaked in secrecy.

The Washington Post reported in 2003 -- long after Mr. Fitzgerald had retired -- that the Navy was using combat-trained dolphins in the war with Iraq. Scouting enemy waters in search of mines, the dolphin mission reportedly turned up six enemy mines in its first 36 hours in the water."

Actor Chris Penn (Sean's brother).

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere. 

/Desperate to be first

I wonder if he was trying out anything he learned on the set of the film The Darwin Awards?? :P

Strange, but could be true. His death was ruled an accident. :skill2:

I am beginning to think my record collection is cursed :(

With "Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now" McFadden & Whitehead became one of the great one-hit wonders. I recall I was at school at the time and I seemed to be the only one who admitted to liking that sort of music - with everyone else it was either prog or punk.

King Michael I of Romania, the last monarch of Romania - the only link in English is from Wikipedia so far, so I'll wait for a more reliable source.