Tuber Mirum

Near misses 2006

Anna Marly ,whos song was th einspiration for the French resiistance during world war 2 has died at 88

iain that link is useless,

proper link here.

Another one that belongs in "Not exactly famous thread.

:lol:

Guest iain

the french resistance song is one of the most famoous songs in the world!..shes bigger than Vera Lynn!

Guest iain

Anna Marly ,whos song was th einspiration for the French resiistance during world war 2 has died at 88

Never heard of her and I most sincerely doubt that you had either Ivan prior to your encounterment of this listing.

um..why do you keep calling me Ivan? :lol:

the french resistance song is one of the most famoous songs in the world!..shes bigger than Vera Lynn!

Which is why her death produced all of 6 news obits,

stop taking the piss iain.

Guest iain
The BBC is reporting in its breaking news section for sport that former Manchester City striker Roy Clarke has died at the age of 80.

Not as famous as Jimmy Johnstone, but Clarke was a legend at Maine Road & also for Wales, which is why I'm sorry to see his passing.

Obit

for one awful moment i t hought it was the Roy Clarke who writes Last of the Summer Wine and other hilarious comedies who had died.Phew what a relief!

...... Roy Clarke who writes Last of the Summer Wine and other hilarious comedies

Hilarious? Mildly amusing at best Ivan. Only mildly amusing and that is on a good day with a few rounds already bought and consumed.

um..why do you keep calling me Ivan?

Because that's your name......isn't it?

American game show host Peter Tomarken dies in a plane crash.

More suitable for the "Not exactly famous thread, I'd have thought,

his death ain't exactly setting the newswires a buzzin.

It was fairly fresh when I posted... give it some time. Press Your Luck was an extremely popular game show in its day. Admittedly though, I'm speaking from an Americentric point of view.

iain that link is useless,

proper link here.

Another one that belongs in "Not exactly famous thread.

TF,

Could you post your member ID or email address so I can read the article? Thanks.

Guest iain

if you keep calling me Ivan Im just going to start referring to you as Bruno Brookes!

if you keep calling me Ivan Im just going to start referring to you as Bruno Brookes!

Ooooh... handbags at dawn!

Estonia's Ex-President Lennart Meri Dies

TALLINN, Estonia -- Former President Lennart Meri, a key figure in Estonia's independence movement during the Soviet occupation, has died. He was 76.

TALLINN, Estonia -- Former President Lennart Meri, a key figure in Estonia's independence movement during the Soviet occupation, has died. He was 76.

This brings back so many memories for me. Years back when I was a younger man (so much younger than today) I had several pairs of socks which were beet red in color (they were the only color socks I would at that time permit to touch my feet); that however is another matter best reserved for another day and thread. The point here being, I also had a beach vacation guide from Estonia and made it my intention, perhaps even goal, to someday visit Estonia and to storm the beaches letting the people there (both natives and visitors) see my handsome physique as I paraded endlessly from one end of each beach to the other.

It never happened as I lost interest in Estonia when I realized the real fun could be found in Latvia.

As you can see here Len tried to escape the hand of death but was stopped...dead in his tracks one might say.

magnet.JPG

BREAKING NEWS- Oscar winning actress Maureen Stapleton who starred in 'Reds' and 'Coccoon' has died at the age of 80.

And winner of the triple crown in acting she won an Emmy, a Tony and an Oscar.

Mostly I remember her for her wonderful work in Queen of The Stardust Ballroom with Charles Durning. She was also the portrayer of Unckie Wilfie's wife in Cocoon.

Movies which foretold her passing include:

Passed Away and

Made In Heaven.

wonderful lady and actress who will be greatly missed.

This brings back so many memories for me. Years back when I was a younger man (so much younger than today) I had several pairs of socks which were beet red in color (they were the only color socks I would at that time permit to touch my feet); that however is another matter best reserved for another day and thread. The point here being, I also had a beach vacation guide from Estonia and made it my intention, perhaps even goal, to someday visit Estonia and to storm the beaches letting the people there (both natives and visitors) see my handsome physique as I paraded endlessly from one end of each beach to the other.

It never happened as I lost interest in Estonia when I realized the real fun could be found in Latvia.

As you can see here Len tried to escape the hand of death but was stopped...dead in his tracks one might say.

magnet.JPG

I have been informed that the person on the ground may be an imposter and not Lennet Meri after all............

It was fairly fresh when I posted... give it some time. Press Your Luck was an extremely popular game show in its day. Admittedly though, I'm speaking from an Americentric point of view.

I stand correceted CP, his death has now produced more than 250 news obits, including one from The Guardian.

So I guess he was fairly well known in the US.

It is? ok, sing it to us then!

The French lyrics and an English translation can be found here

It's full of violence and bloodlust. :lol:

It's full of violence and bloodlust. :lol:

can't say it's well known to me, catchy tune though. I wonder if I could sample it and send it to Fatboy Slim to make it into a #1 hit :D

It's full of violence and bloodlust. :P

can't say it's well known to me, catchy tune though. I wonder if I could sample it and send it to Fatboy Slim to make it into a #1 hit :lol:

Its not the same without Humphrey Bogart leading the Karaoke version,a la Casablanca.

Guest iain

wikipedia is reporting the death of comedian Ricky Gervais in an accident..i think it may be some kind of joke though

I see you've adopted the necessary caveat with any Wiki story now, Iain - much more sensible!

Is anything true in Wiki? Should we substitute two of the i's for a & n?

Guest iain

yup,seems to have been a sick joke..his obit has now been taken down.Really rather annoying that..esp when its someone you kinda half hope really has bought it...