Tuber Mirum

Near misses 2006

Guest iain

Hamish Gray has died at 78..he was energy minister in Maggie Thatchers government (and Charles Kennedys predeccessor as MP for Skye)

also the fashion designer Oleg Cassini has died at 92

Hamish Gray has died at 78..he was energy minister in Maggie Thatchers government (and Charles Kennedys predeccessor as MP for Skye)

Hey guess what iain? Here's a real link for Oleg Cassini, one of just 238 that you could have picked from if you had been arsed to use "google news search" to find one.

I apologize for my attitude. I am totally pulling a Bruno Brimley right now.

Similarity to Brimilarity is not a reason for apology, IMHO.

...If only there were a true resemblance. :D

I am totally pulling a Bruno Brimley right now.

I'm not sure you're Bruno's type, I think he prefers the older man, uncle Wilfie or Walter Cronkite for instance.

Similarity to Brimilarity is not a reason for apology, IMHO.

...If only there were a true resemblance. :D

I wasn't trying to mock his unique and calculated sense of humour. I just meant I had been enjoying St. Patty's Day! :D

Oh yeah, and iain, in addition to my comments last night, might I also mention that I posted a real article for Narvin Kimball before you IN the post above you as well.

damn it why am i never the first to report the really big ones like that :D

I can actually give you a sensible, helpful & non-critical answer to that if you'd really like but as you'll probably be either

a) belligerent of the response

b. ignorant of the response

c) abusive of the response

d) all of the above

I don't see why I should help.

Hey guess what iain? Here's a real link for Oleg Cassini, one of just 238 that you could have picked from if you had been arsed to use "google news search" to find one.

irangine my sutrprise and happinesssssssssssss when yet I arrived here today to telll or see if som3ent had told of Olegs death. thank you for the exce;;;ent wotk paulie always ggood to see someon r is one the job.

It's afternoon now nand I', ;istening to saginaw michigan on a round musict disc thing.,

G. William Miller, ex-Chairman of the US Federal Reserve & US Secretary of the Treasury during the Carter Administration has died aged 81. As a Chairman of the USFR, his signature appeared (indeed, I presume still does) on many bank notes.

Can't say I've heard of him but I suppose he was the US version of the Governor of the Bank of England, which would make him notable enough, I presume?

Anyway, Obituary

G. William Miller, ex-Chairman of the US Federal Reserve & US Secretary of the Treasury during the Carter Administration has died aged 81. As a Chairman of the USFR, his signature appeared (indeed, I presume still does) on many bank notes.

Can't say I've heard of him but I suppose he was the US version of the Governor of the Bank of England, which would make him notable enough, I presume?

Anyway, Obituary

In theory, he should be notable enough, but Alan Greenspan was pretty much the only FRC that actually gained much public notablity, for whatever reason. It's no surprise that you haven't heard of him, I'm sure most Americans haven't either. The office never gained much noteriety until Greenspan.

Hell, most people haven't even heard of Ben Bernanke, the current one. I had completely forgotten that they had chosen him as Greenspan's replacement until today...

Guest iain

now that elderly US politicians have started dying i assume Gerald Fords demise is now imminent...

now that elderly US politicians have started dying i assume Gerald Fords demise is now imminent...

I suppose you are right because people tend to die in clusters depending on their job description.

I suppose you are right because people tend to die in clusters depending on their job description.

Good point. Soldiers being an obvious example. :)

Good point. Soldiers being an obvious example. :P

Doesn't that baby of yours need changing. :)

;)

Good point. Soldiers being an obvious example. :P

Doesn't that baby of yours need changing. :)

:P

No, I think we'll keep this one... ;)

Which elderly U.S. politicians have been dying again? Surely you don't mean Miller, who was an economist...

Morever as to Craig Heubing's death, I've always felt that the "Not famous enough" thread was for people who wouldn't really be famous outside of their niche... it's a thin line, I'd argue for Heubing to be in here, but I don't really care.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I remember cavorting with him and Roger Grimsby (not the Grimsby that Elton John sang of in his tune Grimsby). Old Roger could put away a few pints here and there and Bill would take it all in stride. For a long while I wondered if Bill Beutel was related to the late actor Jack Beutel and then I said who cares? Bill was a superb newsman and not only anchored but many a time would go out on assignment and once spent several days or longer reporting from Jeruselum which really (arti)chokes me up :);):P

Sad to see this pillar of newsworthiness pass on since he has been replaced by pretty boys and other ninnies. ABC local news these days is just not worth watching. Fortunately every so often Fox-5 has that handsome Mike Sheehan reporting or I can dash over to CBS-2 and when lucky catch Pablo Guzman.

Sheehan by the way was a New York City Police Officer for several years and lives in a government subsidized complex called Independence Plaza.

So Beutel is dead? Hard to believe. Thanks for the info FF

Guest iain
Humphrey the Downing Street Cat has died...

Humphrey the cat

lets hope the death of Humnphrey means that Blair is soon kicked out of Downing street...a cat has 9 lives..Blairs been PM 9 years.I thik this is a sign that Blair is on his way out

Guest iain

Brazilian actor Nelson Dantas has died at 78.I was a big fan of his work

and souls singer King Floyd 3 has died .Most famous for his 1970 hit 'Groove me'

has anyone mentioned the death of the veteran democrat congressman John McFall yet?

Brazilian actor Nelson Dantas has died at 78.I was a big fan of his work

Realmente?

Você fala o português? Eu nunca soube aquele.

Você necessitaria falar o português para ser um admirador de seu trabalho.

Onde você aprendeu o português?

I used to live in Portugal, near old Clive Dunn as it happens, but my Portuguese is a little rusty nowadays....

QUOTE (Octopus of Odstock @ 20 March 2006, 9:32 AM)

Você necessitaria falar o português para ser um admirador de seu trabalho.

Not necessarily surely, subtitles would suffice.

LS,

There's a seperate thread for Don Knotts

Valter Heuer - Estonian Chess Historian and author of the book "The Troubled Years of Paul Keres, the Great Silent One" has just died at the age of 77. I'm trying to find a link for him

It's taken me nearly 3 weeks, but I finally found a link for Valter Heuer. OK, so it's not in English but it does confirm what I heard

Actress Moira Redmond has died.After a long illness & dementia.

MSN UK .Link is about three pages long, tough!

Actress Moira Redmond has died.After a long illness & dementia.

MSN UK .Link is about three pages long, tough!

Not exactly famous, was she, but at least she was a looker in her prime.

untitled3ts.png