Tuber Mirum

Near misses 2006

works for me on the initial posting

ditto

ditto

Same here but not any subsequent ones,anyone know why?

ditto

*Try this one which is a link to where the original post goes but with a different URL. Perhaps it only works when iain is logged into NY Times.

There was also the matter of "http://" being entered twice!

*EDIT* It worked the first couple of times then failed - he must have logged out again!

Guest iain

ditto

*Try this one which is a link to where the original post goes but with a different URL. Perhaps it only works when iain is logged into NY Times.

There was also the matter of "http://" being entered twice!

*EDIT* It worked the first couple of times then failed - he must have logged out again!

sorry for the confusiion..Lady Die still had the original link in her reply to my post ,before i corrected it.Thats why you have to click on the one in my edited post.Hope that clears it up

Bernie "Boom Boom" Geoffrion, a famous Canadian ice hockey player for the Montreal Canadiens and credited with inventing the Slap Shot in the sport.

has died aged 75, from stomach cancer.

I've never heard of him myself, but ice hockey isn't exactly big in the UK.

He must have been pretty famous though as he's generated more than 250 news obits.

Bernie "Boom Boom" Geoffrion, a famous Canadian ice hockey player for the Montreal Canadiens and credited with inventing the Slap Shot in the sport.

He must have been pretty famous though as he's generated more than 250 news obits.

He most certainly is/was! Big name here. They've even retired his jersey.

He was a bit before my time. I confess to having never heard of him. What a bad Canadian I am. :)

He was a bit before my time. I confess to having never heard of him. What a bad Canadian I am. :)

He was Wayne Gretzky before there was Wayne Gretzky.

Jimmy Johnstone (ex Celtic & Scotland footballer) has died. :)

Link here

Jimmy Johnstone (ex Celtic & Scotland footballer) has died. :)

Link here

One day after I put him on my DDP consideration list for 2007.

I didn't think he would make it.

He was on my DDP consideration, I knew he was very ill, yet.. I didn't choose him. :evil:;) I think my thinking was he'll live a few more years yet with the disease, but looking at the news report on the BBC, Jinky had probably lasted as long as could be expected with such a disease.

Great Shame. :)

Great Shame. :)

Not for the seven DDP teams who selected him, at least he's scored a few points for them.

I read about him in the Sun only last week.

He was grumbling because he couldn't get the drugs he wanted to help him with illness.

And now, he's dead.

He was grumbling because he couldn't get the drugs he wanted to help him with illness.

And now, he's dead.

Just like Slobodan...

Guest Guest

BREAKING NEWS- Oscar winning actress Maureen Stapleton who starred in 'Reds' and 'Coccoon' has died at the age of 80.

Guest iain
BREAKING NEWS- Oscar winning actress Maureen Stapleton who starred in 'Reds' and 'Coccoon' has died at the age of 80.

news about it here

The BBC is reporting in its breaking news section for sport that former Manchester City striker Roy Clarke has died at the age of 80.

Not as famous as Jimmy Johnstone, but Clarke was a legend at Maine Road & also for Wales, which is why I'm sorry to see his passing.

Obit

The BBC is reporting in its breaking news section for sport that former Manchester City striker Roy Clarke has died at the age of 80.

Not as famous as Jimmy Johnstone, but Clarke was a legend at Maine Road & also for Wales, which is why I'm sorry to see his passing.

Obit

Strange how they seem to be dying in pairs this year. just the other day Dennis Brooke and Colin Ingleby-Mackenzie, both cricketers have died

Strange how they seem to be dying in pairs this year. just the other day Dennis Brooke and Colin Ingleby-Mackenzie, both cricketers have died

Actors seem to be going in threes.

American game show host Peter Tomarken dies in a plane crash.

:lol:

More suitable for the "Not exactly famous thread, I'd have thought,

his death ain't exactly setting the newswires a buzzin.

Guest iain
Anna Marly ,whos song was th einspiration for the French resiistance during world war 2 has died at 88

Anna Marly ,whos song was th einspiration for the French resiistance during world war 2 has died at 88

Never heard of her and I most sincerely doubt that you had either Ivan prior to your encounterment of this listing.

American game show host Peter Tomarken dies in a plane crash.

One could say he pressed his luck one too many times................... :lol::):D:D