Tuber Mirum

Near misses 2006

Kirby Puckett dying so suddenly has completely shocked me. I didn't expect it at all. He was a really memorable player, and despite his recent troubles I think he was one of the really great sportsman.

But, back to the business at hand, Wikipedia is reporting that WWE wrestler Bull Buchanan has died. (Former tag-team champion with the Goodfather.)

Guest iain
Wikipedia is claiming that legendary Rastafari elder Mortimer Planno has died at age 76 but, since I can't verify this independently, I'm not posting a link. One to check up on though.

What's really creepy is that I was planning on posting him up on my "People I Was Surprised To Find Were Still Alive Thread." How come no one I ever actually get around to picking carks it? :lol: I haven't had a DDP hit since Lou Rawls or any hit whatsoever since Al Lewis.

I can cofirm that Mortimer Planno has indeed passed away..here is confirmation of his death

Wikipedia is claiming that legendary Rastafari elder Mortimer Planno has died at age 76 but, since I can't verify this independently, I'm not posting a link. One to check up on though.

What's really creepy is that I was planning on posting him up on my "People I Was Surprised To Find Were Still Alive Thread." How come no one I ever actually get around to picking carks it? :lol: I haven't had a DDP hit since Lou Rawls or any hit whatsoever since Al Lewis.

I can cofirm that Mortimer Planno has indeed passed away..here is confirmation of his death

That's not confirmation, that's Wikipedia. How about a news obit.

philosopher Peter Klein is dead at 48

What happened to your promise to only post really famous deaths and from a proper news source?

:lol:

A proper confirmation of Planno's death can be found here and here.

In fact, Peter Klein's "death" has now been removed from Wikipedia, probably as he didn't die in the first place.

FFS, Iain, don't you double check ANYTHING???? :angry:

Damnit. I'm better at this game in theory than in practice. :angry:

I think if Iain got himself a big scary avatar, people might be a bit nicer to him. :angry:

Guest iain

philosopher Peter Klein is dead at 48

What happened to your promise to only post really famous deaths and from a proper news source?

:angry:

no famous people have died have they..i cant ask God personallyu to arrange it can i?you have to just accept what you get in t his life

Guest iain

and what the feck is wrong with wikipedia as a proper news source anyway?i am sick and tired of you giving me a hard tim e over this :angry:

err..... whatever... unlike you I don't want people dead all the time.

If no-one famous has died, then don't post. I'd rather wait for 10 days for a posting in near misses to tell me of a relatively notable person then get a wiki link posting to someone who isn't notable, or in Peter Klein's case, not even dead!

We keep giving you a hard time as you don't listen.

1) Wikipedia is unreliable. Look at all the fake deaths.

2) Wikipedia gets all its death reports from a news site. They've even added citation needed as back-up.

3) Most of us read Wiki Recent Deaths. You're like a bloody parrot repeating everything sometimes. You never seem to respond to any constructive criticism, you exergarrate people's conditions (ie Patrick Moore today), or do a search.

That's about the sum of it from my point of view.

Guest iain

NO I WOULD OPEN A BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE!

Guest iain

anyway moving on....heres an amusing death....top heart surgeon Dr Brian Barratt-Boyes has died during heart surgeryy :D

if only h e'd got to operate on himself!

If no-one famous has died, then don't post. I'd rather wait for 10 days for a posting in near misses to tell me of a relatively notable person then get a wiki link posting to someone who isn't notable, or in Peter Klein's case, not even dead!

2) Wikipedia gets all its death reports from a news site. They've even added citation needed as back-up.

3) Most of us read Wiki Recent Deaths. You're like a bloody parrot repeating everything sometimes. You never seem to respond to any constructive criticism, you exergarrate people's conditions (ie Patrick Moore today), or do a search.

Now, that's not very nice, is it? :D

If I did, would you post a link from Wikipedia? :lol::lol::lol:

What happened in between?

Guest iain

my post was removed by the mods..which is probably just as well,in case children are watching

my post was removed by the mods..which is probably just as well,in case children are watching

It wasnt Gary Glitter naked was it?

I would guess it was some post concerning positive thinking regarding the death of our very own OoO.

Alongside a veritable #$#@load of swearing. :P

Sad one this, young British stage actress Lou Gish has died aged 35, less than a year after her mother also died from cancer.

Yes. Very sad. A beautiful actress. She was in Coupling, playing Jeff and Susan's boss Julia.

Such a pity.

But, back to the business at hand, Wikipedia is reporting that WWE wrestler Bull Buchanan has died. (Former tag-team champion with the Goodfather.)
Do you have a link? 'cause I can't find anything on it.

Do you have a link? 'cause I can't find anything on it.

I think you'll find that's another example of Wiki tampering,

as Buchanan's article now lists him as alive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Buchanan

top US lawyer John T Kramer dead at 68

the link is broken :crossbone:

Guest iain

its fixed now :rolleyes:

its fixed now :)

still can't see it :rolleyes: