Sign in to follow this  
Guest James

Max Schmeling

Can't you put some sort of filter on this site to keep German out of it? A"colleague" once spoke German into my mobile and I had to get it cleaned...

Wonder if Jacko ever met Schmelling - understand he likes chaps who are good with their fists....

Can't you put some sort of filter on this site to keep German out of it?  A"colleague" once spoke German into my mobile and I had to get it cleaned...

Wonder if Jacko ever met Schmelling - understand he likes chaps who are good with their fists....

How about an "Achtung!!!! - Eintritt Verboten" signpost?

As for Jacko v Schmeling, I reckon Jacko could deliver several "blows" before he got back off his knees and started boxing.

As for Jacko v Schmeling, I reckon Jacko could deliver several "blows" before he got back off his knees and started boxing.

I think I'm going to be sick.......

Hé, klootzakken

I understood this bit. :rolleyes:

Nothing much to say, but this is the 10,000th message

How about an "Achtung!!!! - Eintritt Verboten" signpost?

My thinking too, but in reverse. We could set up a German ranting thread and then ignore it.

I think Mr. Terminator is a bit off base suggesting the Dutch would have anything to do with the Germans. As an ignorant American I can't understand any of that foreign stuff that people typed in this thread, and can't be bothered to go to a translating website, but will presume the interpretations provided are roughly correct. But I've known quite a few Dutchies over the years, and they have one thing in common - they all hate Germans. Goes back to the war, apparently, when amongst other atrocities the Jerries stole thousands of Dutch bicycles. To this day, while Brits go around accusing Germans of putting their towels on the good sunbeds the night before, or not mentioning the war, our friends in The Netherlands' are forever asking, "Can we have our bikes back?"

Ever seen Holland and Germany play football? Makes England-Scotland look like a love-in.

Guest One Man Jury
Jerries stole thousands of Dutch bicycles.

I thought that during the war the Germans parked their bikes up the jacksies of the Dutch as a punishment.

That's why they all walk funny. Nothing to do with the clogs.

I think Mr. Terminator is a bit off base suggesting the Dutch would have anything to do with the Germans. As an ignorant American I can't understand any of that foreign stuff that people typed in this thread, and can't be bothered to go to a translating website, but will presume the interpretations provided are roughly correct. But I've known quite a few Dutchies over the years, and they have one thing in common - they all hate Germans. Goes back to the war, apparently, when amongst other atrocities the Jerries stole thousands of Dutch bicycles. To this day, while Brits go around accusing Germans of putting their towels on the good sunbeds the night before, or not mentioning the war, our friends in The Netherlands' are forever asking, "Can we have our bikes back?"

Ever seen Holland and Germany play football? Makes England-Scotland look like a love-in.

I happily accept your views.

The slang used was not (to me) pure German and looked Dutch (the contributor was Nl(?) and I assumed he was in Holland.....although, he could be a sausage-guzzler working there.

I must, however, take issue with you about the Germans and sunbeds!!!!

I've known quite a few Dutchies over the years, and they have one thing in common - they all hate Germans. Goes back to the war, apparently, when amongst other atrocities the Jerries stole thousands of Dutch bicycles. To this day, while Brits go around accusing Germans of putting their towels on the good sunbeds the night before, or not mentioning the war, our friends in The Netherlands' are forever asking, "Can we have our bikes back?"

This is understandable really, since when the time came when the Wehrmacht found they had to leg it out of Holland sharpish like, your average Fritz Nazi, being not disinclined towards committing the odd war crime or two, naturally took advantage of the fact that there were rather a lot of unattended bicycles around the place.

You or I would have done the same if we had ever invaded Holland and then been repelled by the Americans.

Perhaps it explains why the Dutch drive up and down the German Autobahn all day with their caravans in tow, holding up all the traffic as an act of retribution.

I think Mr. Terminator is a bit off base suggesting the Dutch would have anything to do with the Germans.

Well, during a rather turbulent episode of 20th century history quite a few Dutch were very on excellent terms with their easterly neighbours, although not all Dutch were happy with the way the "Moffen" ran the country.

But I've known quite a few Dutchies over the years, and they have one thing in common - they all hate Germans. 

That's not quite true. The Dutch love Germans who spend their holiday money on the beaches, buy our veggies or sell their cars. Of course the Dutch tend to give false directions when Germans get lost and to chase them from the holes they dug in the beach.

Goes back to the war, apparently, when amongst other atrocities the Jerries stole thousands of Dutch bicycles.  To this day, while Brits go around accusing Germans of putting their towels on the good sunbeds the night before, or not mentioning the war, our friends in The Netherlands' are forever asking, "Can we have our bikes back?"

I plead guilty to that, although when I make remarks along these lines, my German costumers most often reply with a blank stare.

Ever seen Holland and Germany play football?  Makes England-Scotland look like a love-in.

There's also an unfortunate World Cup Final that fogs Dutch-German friendship. 2006 will provide an excellent opportunity to rectify this, if the Dutch side qualifies, that is.

regards,

Hein

"I must, however, take issue with you about the Germans and sunbeds!!!!"

Hey, I'm just perpetuating a stereotype, not necessarily saying it's true.

http://englischlehrer.de/uk/sunbeds.php

http://rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~english3/Jana/stereot.htm

After all, stereotyping saves time......

Ever seen Holland and Germany play football?  Makes England-Scotland look like a love-in.

There's also an unfortunate World Cup Final that fogs Dutch-German friendship. 2006 will provide an excellent opportunity to rectify this, if the Dutch side qualifies, that is.

For those who still cherish the Rijkaard-Voller gobbing incident...

"Human Spittoon..."

For those who still cherish the Rijkaard-Voller gobbing incident...

"Human Spittoon..."

Ah, yes. Unforgettable. :rolleyes:

regards,

Hein

Guest KRAUT
@Kraut

They verwenden hier wohl babelfish zum ubersetzen...

jetz schreib ma mul in extremen slang. biggrin.gif

des is jo wull kloar, das so a blode idee nua von an ami oder brittn kumman kan.

schaumamol, obs des a ubersetzn konnen?

blossfussigen habn mehr EiQ als a tommi und a jenkee zaum.

Acutally Kraut and Nler - there are a few people on this forum who can speak German however, I am not going to appease your sense of humour and intelligence failure....

:rolleyes:

appease?

Not the right word to use here unless you want to start off the "peace in out time" debate. You want this to run and run, don't you?

Soch amol was meinst du, du Insel Affe. Leck mich. Eure Seite is scheisse. Euer Forum noch beschissener. Aber wiederum so scheisse das es wieder geil is.

Gooooooddddd saaaveeee the Bier!

Mfg

KRAUT from DEUTSCHLAND, GERMANY, ALLEMAGNIA!

Guest Gerd Preußenhammer
Actually, this appears to be dutch slang......

Not dutch, but Southern German.

Blossfussig I've never heard before. Literally barefooted, but I don't know what they mean by it.

BAYERISCH HÄ HÄ HÄ, Southern German :rolleyes:

Soch amol was meinst du, du Insel Affe. Leck mich. Eure Seite is scheisse. Euer Forum noch beschissener. Aber wiederum so scheisse das es wieder geil is.

Gooooooddddd saaaveeee the Bier!

Mfg

KRAUT from DEUTSCHLAND, GERMANY, ALLEMAGNIA!

Here we go again....apparently we are "island apes".

Pretty comical coming from a country who thinks that sad, humourless, old men wearing pathetic clown outfits, is "top of the range" humour. I don't think so!

Bear in mind, the German language will one day go the way of the dodo (like French). Most German programmes are littered with English sayings and the German music channels are predominently covering UK/US-based music.

Incidently, what would your fuhrer have said if he saw his youth dressing up and copying the mannerisms of black gangsta culture? I suspect he would ahev sent his good old mate, Max Schmeling, over to sort them out?

As you're German, I would expect an apology from you (not for the war, but for your rant).

Pass Auf, dummer!

Bear in mind, the German language will one day go the way of the dodo (like French).  Most German programmes are littered with English sayings and the German music channels are predominently covering UK/US-based music.

I'm afraid you are probably right.

In this uniform world that seems to be so readily embraced by some, we will all soon be speaking the same language. My money is on Mandarin, but American (the 'English' bit will probably be dropped in your lifetime) might be a good outside bet.

Just a thought. :rolleyes:

BAYERISCH HÄ HÄ HÄ, Southern German :rolleyes:

Sorry, I forgot. Bayern isn't part of Germany. Unless Germany happens to have just won a football game.

Although it (and Austria) used to count as part of Grossdeutschland.

It has been said before, and it bears repetition. Your average German has no sense of humour. And indeed no capacity for recognising same if it isn't wearing a chicken costume and accompanied by a 3-Facher Tusch. (ta-daaaa, ta-daaa, ta-daaaaaa!!) They also have a bit of a complex about the Nazis. In particular the Bavarians do. Bunch of right-wing nationalistic blinker-wearers.

Hast du Spaß daran dich lächerlich zu machen? Scheint so. Nimm's nicht so tragisch. Was willst du damit erreichen? Wenn du irgendetwas vernünftiges zu sagen hast, dann bitte auf Englisch. Wenn du uns nur beschimfpst, bekommst du das gleiche zurück. Aber wir können es viel besser weil wir viel intelligenter sind als du und tragen nicht von Geburt an Scheuklappen wie ihr Bayer.

Grüße aus dem Niederrhein.

(een man is geen aardappel)

Hast du Spaß daran dich lächerlich zu machen? Scheint so. Nimm's nicht so tragisch. Was willst du damit erreichen? Wenn du irgendetwas vernünftiges zu sagen hast, dann bitte auf Englisch. Wenn du uns nur beschimfpst, bekommst du das gleiche zurück. Aber wir können es viel besser weil wir viel intelligenter sind als du und tragen nicht von Geburt an Scheuklappen wie ihr Bayer.
Genau.

:rolleyes: Und auch kein Kartoffel.

regards,

Hein

I am really not keeping up with any of this. My German is atrocious as are any other languages that I have attempted. I can however order up to 10 beers in any language in the world.

Non of that helps with trying to decipher what direction this thread is going. It's at times like this that I wish I had listened to what my mother used to say. :rolleyes:

I suppose there would be no point in asking you what your mother used to say, since as you didn't listen to her, you wouldn't be able to tell us.:rolleyes:

Have to go now and create a "Disappearing "Disappearing Threads" Threads" Thread :D

You rather gave the punchline away.

Still, I will credit Douglas Adams for that one

Guest KRAUT

BAYERISCH HÄ HÄ HÄ, Southern German :P

Sorry, I forgot. Bayern isn't part of Germany. Unless Germany happens to have just won a football game.

Although it (and Austria) used to count as part of Grossdeutschland.

It has been said before, and it bears repetition. Your average German has no sense of humour. And indeed no capacity for recognising same if it isn't wearing a chicken costume and accompanied by a 3-Facher Tusch. (ta-daaaa, ta-daaa, ta-daaaaaa!!) They also have a bit of a complex about the Nazis. In particular the Bavarians do. Bunch of right-wing nationalistic blinker-wearers.

Grüße aus dem Niederrhein.

Quizfrage ...... bzw. Kwestschn...

Habt Ihr Spaß daran ander Leute auf eine Todesliste zu setzen?

Und dann noch die frechheit zu besitzen den Tod von Max Schmeling als first succes ersten erfolg der Todesliste zu feiern! Ihr rennt euer ganzes Leben schon mit Scheuklappen rum! Intelligent kann das nicht mehr sein was hier betrieben wird! Spaß is was anderes. Max Schmeling hat sich von den Nazis immer versucht zu distanzieren! Er wollte seine Erfolge gegen Joe Lois nicht zu Propagandazwecken mißbraucht haben. Was würdet Ihr sagen wenn der Tod eines eurer Familienmitglieder als Erfolg der Todesliste gefeiert würde ? Also zur Hölle mit eurer Liste. :referee::P

MFG

KRAUT