Death Star

Ernest Gallo

About how much would this cost Tempus? - It's Gallo's mixed gift box.

ernesttwowinesb.jpg

It's difficult to read the labels, but at a guess I'd say no more than £18.

I just noticed that Wikipedia listed him as dead here.

Which one of you sly DLers slipped that in there to try and catch iain? :D

Sorry, that was me couldn't help myself.

I blame the drink, shame iain isn't about.

I'm surprised Ernie hasn't got a Wiki page, but the Wiki is full of holes.

Wikipedia seems to have several missing bio's. Just goes to show that no information source is 100% accurate. . As for Iain - he does seem to get random idea's about people on the list dieing. I wouldn't doubt that if Iain saw that he would make a big deal about Gallo's death. But i'm sure one of these days Iain will suprise us all when he reports a death 1 day before it happens. :D

ernesttwowinesb.jpg

First, how much is E 18? I'm sorry I don't really understand the full concept of british money..

But is it overpriced?

ernesttwowinesb.jpg

First, how much is E 18? I'm sorry I don't really understand the full concept of british money..

But is it overpriced?

£18 is about $33, boxed gift packages like this one are usually always overpriced.

You're paying for the packaging, and in Gallo's case the marketing, better to buy less well known brands that are often superior in quality and cheaper in price.

£18 is about $33, boxed gift packages like this one are usually always overpriced.

You're paying for the packaging, and in Gallo's case the marketing, better to buy less well known brands that are often superior in quality and cheaper in price.

This is an image of Chateau Petrus the most expensive wine in the world. It is made with 100 percent grapes. Makes you look like 2 cents Tempus... Bou as well for that matter.

Petrusvertical.jpg

The edit page says (removed ernest gallo; cannot verify, no source given, suspicious poster)

Some people have no sense of humour. :)

I just noticed that Wikipedia listed him as dead here.

Which one of you sly DLers slipped that in there to try and catch iain? :D

I blame the drink, shame iain isn't about.

I'm surprised Ernie hasn't got a Wiki page, but the Wiki is full of holes.

Wikipedia seems to have several missing bio's. Just goes to show that no information source is 100% accurate. . As for Iain - he does seem to get random idea's about people on the list dieing. I wouldn't doubt that if Iain saw that he would make a big deal about Gallo's death. But i'm sure one of these days Iain will suprise us all when he reports a death 1 day before it happens. :D

There was very little information available on Ernest Gallo when I was searching for a biography on him and also his brother. I found a very brief piece about the vinyards but nothing more than that. Hopefully when he dies someone will have posted a more detailed biography

There was very little information available on Ernest Gallo when I was searching for a biography on him and also his brother. I found a very brief piece about the vinyards but nothing more than that. Hopefully when he dies someone will have posted a more detailed biography

Insightful and witty. :D

Here's a definition of the phrase "post-whore".

Actually SC it was more of a indirect comment in the hope that someone else might be able to provide a link to a more detailed website. I personally couldn't care about my post count.

Insightful and witty. :D

Here's a definition of the phrase "post-whore".

The only thing worse than people posting incessantly is people posting incessantly to bitch about other people posting incessantly. I was going to call you a postnazi, but that doesn't describe you at all, so here's my new definition of post-Nazi:

Someone who is so obsessed with the illusionary "quality" of online forums that he goes around bitching about the "quality," a totally subjective observation, of other people's posts.

Not only that, but you're a hypocritical post-Nazi, since so many of your posts lack the insight or wit that you claim to be seeking other people's posts - most are just you bitching about the "quality" of the forum. You're no better than the people you chastize, not one bit. This is a community where I, and other likeminded people, come to discuss a subject that we have a common interest in and escape from the world. If you don't like it, here's an idea:

LEAVE

No one on this site is posting in a manner that's so distracting that it brings down the community itself. Sometimes people get a bit post happy, but who cares? Maybe Phantom has had a bad day and just wants to spend time telling us what's on his mind. I can accept and understand that. If you can't, do what I'm going to do to you and all others that I feel detract from my experience:

IGNORE THEM

It's not like anyone here constantly posts excessively and detrementally, but if you feel otherwise, just ignore them. Bitching won't get anything done. My suggestion to you is this: Quit bitching, ignore those that you feel don't contribute, and for F**k's sake, enjoy yourself here!

Oh, and have a nice day! :D

Actually SC it was more of a indirect comment in the hope that someone else might be able to provide a link to a more detailed website. I personally couldn't care about my post count.

The only biog I could find is this one, old ernie had a traumatic early life and is estranged from one of his brothers, all over money.

The only biog I could find is this one, old ernie had a traumatic early life and is estranged from one of his brothers, all over money.

TF,

Thanks, that was pretty much the same one I found when doing a search on him.

Well it was more for details on his brother Julio that I was looking for at the time, until discovering that he had died in 1993. Also I wanted to read up a bit more on the history but even the Gallo website doesn't have much of a detailed history unless you want to part with hard earned cash and by their biography.

This may be considered post-whoring, but I don't care. This must be said.

Yesterday I was given the opportunity to sample Mr. Gallo's White Wine, and all I have to say about it is this:

PURE PISS-WATER

This, keep in mind, was after I had the ultimate displeasure of sampling a beer known as Josef Hoffbauer. For you Americans, it was $15 for 36 Beers, which actually comes out to a per-ounce price that's less than malt liquor.

So there we have it: Gallo Wines, Worse Than Malt Liquor.

I don't really care whether he dies this instant, or lives forever. I just want him to stop making wine.

I don't really care whether he dies this instant, or lives forever. I just want him to stop making wine.

It would be nice if he committed suicide from shame, though.

regards,

Hein

PURE PISS-WATER

Ah yes. Earnst & Gallo Rosee was a staple of my diet as an undergrad student. I think that pretty much speaks for itself. :lol:

Ah yes. Earnst & Gallo Rosee was a staple of my diet as an undergrad student. I think that pretty much speaks for itself. :lol:

If it's anything like the stuff I could afford at Uni I think it does. The brain cells I've wasted while I needed them most...

regards,

Hein

Guest Observer
Ernie's daddy murdered his mommy and then killed himself.

Ernie is a bit of a bastard, his lawsuits against little people are a disgrace.

Time to die Ernie, you greedy old vintner.

Very Disrespectfull.

This looks like a personal attack, Some could take this as a threat. You should have been more safe with the words you have chosen to utilize. This Entire thread has been copied and pasted. Thank you.

The entire Gallo Family is respected, Respectfull, and they have dignity. To wish death upon such a person is VERY classless and Evil.

Ernie's daddy murdered his mommy and then killed himself.

Ernie is a bit of a bastard, his lawsuits against little people are a disgrace.

Time to die Ernie, you greedy old vintner.

Very Disrespectfull.

This looks like a personal attack, Some could take this as a threat. You should have been more safe with the words you have chosen to utilize. This Entire thread has been copied and pasted. Thank you.

The entire Gallo Family is respected, Respectfull, and they have dignity. To wish death upon such a person is VERY classless and Evil.

hmmm, as a seasoned internet observer it seems a new trend is emerging on websites where users can post comments. Someone gets upset about a topic or individual posts, and starts threatening to inform various "authorities" (FBI? Interpol? Cricklewood flying squad?) about what's been written. I can think of no finer use of the world's greatest crime fighting minds and resources than monitoring and taking action against the various subversives we have lurking within the pages of the DL.

(btw - only one "l" in respectful. And disrespectful.)

Guest Observer

Cowboy Ronnnie your very observant, You found the two most important words. Ironic? You chose the second half as well.

Cowboy Ronnnie your very observant, You found the two most important words. Ironic? You chose the second half as well.

Anybody care to explain what that means? If it's obvious, please feel free to mock me...

1) incorrect use of "your" (should be "you're"). Oh, for a penny every time someone made this sort of mistake on the internet;

2) incorrect capitalisation of "You" in the middle of a sentence;

3) ironic? Uh, not really, unless our anonymous guest is Alanis Morissette, in which case every time she uses the word "ironic", it's arguably ironic;

4) I'm with TLC in having no idea about the final sentence.

All in all, not a bad post. Semi-literate, largely incoherent, but no direct insults (I don't think) or swears.

Deux points! :D

1) incorrect use of "your" (should be "you're"). Oh, for a penny every time someone made this sort of mistake on the internet;

2) incorrect capitalisation of "You" in the middle of a sentence;

3) ironic? Uh, not really, unless our anonymous guest is Alanis Morissette, in which case every time she uses the word "ironic", it's arguably ironic;

4) I'm with TLC in having no idea about the final sentence.

All in all, not a bad post. Semi-literate, largely incoherent, but no direct insults (I don't think) or swears.

Deux points! :D

oh, wait. Just noticed the three "n's" in Ronnnie, so down to

un point! ;)

Guest Observer

Ronnnie, YOU should delete this thread.

24 hrs and counting. Last chance.

This thread is not going to be deleted. Nobody is forcing you to read it. If you don't like this website, click the left button of your mouse on the little green arrow at the top left hand corner of your screen. Good riddance!! 2guns.gif

Regards.

ff

Tick, tock.

Tick tock.