Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

Goes back to the point I have made in this thread several times. Richard has been in good films, T.V. shows etc. But where has he himself ever been any good?

He shines on this thread. The man's twilight is our day in the sun, sort of thing.

Goes back to the point I have made in this thread several times. Richard has been in good films, T.V. shows etc. But where has he himself ever been any good?

He shines on this thread. The man's twilight is our day in the sun, sort of thing.

A veritable Götterdämmerung of a thread.

Nice bit of umlaut action there TF.

Where the hell did you find that?

I was wondering the same thing... my initial thoughts were "Why Has He Got A Selection Of Sex Toys..." until I did the double take...

Nice bit of umlaut action there TF.

My old German tutor Herr Schickelgruber, loved a bit of umlaut action.

As did mine, Herr Krüll.

An, auf, hinter, neben, in, über, unter, vor und zwischen,

Heinz

As did mine, Herr Krüll.

An, auf, hinter, neben, in, über, unter, vor und zwischen,

Heinz

Mit, nach, von, zu, aus, bei, seit, gegenüber.

Not to mention FUDGEBOW.

The Wifie Thomaneck.

Hackenslash, I've nowt against Gretna and - odd as it may seem - I'd love to see 'em do well, though I think they'd take a few SPL pastings if it did happen. I still think they're doomed to less support and less quality on the pitch than Carlisle. I also think your present owner isn't going to get the sniff at Brunton Park he's so obviously wanted for a while.

RICHARD O' SULLIVAN'S ENTIRE OUTPUT IS RELENTLESSLY DIRE OFFERING ENTERTAINMENT ONLY TO THE MENTALLY CHALLENGED AND TERMINALLY UNAMBITIOUS.

I'll have to pull you up on that, Mary!

Dicky was in Carry On Teacher & I defy you to tell me that the Carry On's were relentlessly dire & only appealed to the mentally challenged & terminally unambitious?

Terminally unambitious?

I'll wager you hear those two words quite frequently, being a Carlisle United fan? :skill2:

Well, presumably there were all those times when he was upstaging Tony Blackburn...

It's an 0171 phone number so he resembles our Dickie by - apparantly - living in the past.

It's an 0171 phone number so he resembles our Dickie by - apparantly - living in the past.

Not so!

Click on the link & scroll down to see what Dicky O's doing in Feb...

Dicky's Comeback

Robin's Nest was ground breaking TV, cut and pasted from a nostalgia site;

"All the same, by making it clear that Robin and Vicky were unwed yet living and indeed sleeping together, they had scored a first, the 'common-law marriage' situation having never been depicted before in a British sitcom. Special permission had to be sought from the Independent Broadcasting Authority before the writers were given the go-ahead"

Dickie O' was a sitcom pioneer, a rebel out on the edge. Defying the social norms. :skill2:

robinsnest7xe.jpg

Guest King Dickie

Whatever your personal opinion of Dickie O, he is without doubt one of Great Britain's most successful sitcom stars.

He's been in 4 hit sitcoms, and the top rated "Dick Turpin". Not many other actors can say the same.

From child star to middle age he was almost constantly on the big or small screen.

Sure he wasn't a saint in his personal life, but which one of us can claim to be.

Here's to you Dickie O, icon of a bygone era, king of sitcoms. lover of the ladies, enthusiastic drunkard and above all a nice guy.

Who was the blonde girl in "ME AND MY GIRL" and where did she go?

Thanks Queenie, had a bit of a thing for her when i was at school. :old:

Dicky is beating Pete Doherty in the page views, he's almost 10,000 ahead :(

I feel this thread no longer has value. Now it's just a race between Richard

and the Pete Doherty thread.

Dicky is beating Pete Doherty in the page views, he's almost 10,000 ahead  :(

I feel this thread no longer has value. Now it's just a race between Richard

and the Pete Doherty thread.

Oh you party pooper!

No value? Apart from comedic, popularity...not to mention keeping the legend that is Dicky O alive, lol?

Exactly how is the worth of each thread attained? Is a thread of 20 posts worth more than one of, oh let's say, 800 +?

Although only a relative newcomer on this board, I have worked out that there are some threads that interest me & others that don't... for example The Death of My Country one... so I only give it a quick glance, but I certainly wouldn't dream of going in there & announcing that I don't think it has any value because it's not to my liking.

I feel this thread brings pleasure to many (especially Dicky's biggest fan Marypotfuncity & wherelse would Pooka get his fix of all things Tessa?), so it perturbs me to read of a Moderator who is questioning the vaue of this particular thread, for i would hate to see it closed...it would be like seeing the closure of a favoured boozer.

So... HANDS OFF OUR DICK!

it perturbs me to read of a Moderator who is questioning the vaue of this particular thread

I wasn't aware that a Moderator had questioned the value of this thread.

it perturbs me to read of a Moderator who is questioning the vaue of this particular thread

Whoops... that was the Sun reader in me.

Mind you, if they can't spell it right, what hope us mere mortals? :(

Whoops... that was the Sun reader in me.

Mind you, if they can't spell it right, what hope us mere mortals? :(

Cover your shame! Your newbieness is showing through, BHB.

The real mods are gramatically correct.

Our little friends, the Moderaters dance to a different beat. It might help if you think of them as DL's version of Oompaloompahs.

What a good idea, Oompaloompahs is an excellent alternative to moderaters.

Guest pulphack

I have just spent two hours of my life on this rubbish, and I have never read such a melange of scurrilous, pointless, odious gossip and character assasination (? - the pednats will pick up my terrible spelling). This thread - no, the whole site - drips with vitriol and disrespect, trawled from the fetid imaginations of people with nothing better to do with their time.

Where do I sign up?

I was looking for information on Dickie after watching MATH on Paramount 2. I was 8 when it started, and by the time it ended I wanted to be him - sharing with Paula Wilcox & Sally Thompsett? Puberty can be a terrible thing.

Like most old comedy, it isn't funny now. Was it at the time? Probably. Will The Office be funny in 30 years? As office life will have changed by then, probbaly not. It's the fate of most comedy to date badly, as the social conditions it relies on for its humour will have changed and so it'll be unrecognisable.

Again - was he crap? Well, I've seen worse. But he wasn't that great (although check out The Haunted House Of Horror, if only to see Frankie Avalon get stabbed in the groin). What he WAS: reasonably handsome, reasonably competent, and the right age at the right time. Mediocrity can get you a long career.

Hang on - I'm being too serious... so which one would you do first, Chrissie or Jo?

'Nothing better to do with our time'! Is there a worthier cause than perpetuating the memory of a 1970s middle-ranking comedy starlet? I doubt it.

..... and while he may have been sharing with Paula and Sally; I believe that he was acting. Whereas, when he stole the saintly Tessa Wyatt from under the nose of Tony Blackburn it was the real thing. Hats off to the fellow. Long may he dodge the deathlist.