Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

:crossbone: Ce site Web est merde :lol:

It's going that way anyway....

(Merde does mean S**t doesn't it?)

Yes it does. Though I'm not convinced that site Web is website

:pop: Ce site Web est merde ;)

What's French for "Then why are you here?"

Mais porquoi tu ici? I stopped taking French in Grade 9 after they stopped forcing it down our throats... it's certainly rusty, I doubt that's it.

Close, but your sentence appears to have no verb. And I thought you Canucks were all bilingual. :pop:

I would try "donc, pourquoi etes-vous ici?", but Hein is the linguist around here, I expect he could come up with something better.

Close, but your sentence appears to have no verb. And I thought you Canucks were all bilingual. :pop:

I would try "donc, pourquoi etes-vous ici?", but Hein is the linguist around here, I expect he could come up with something better.

It's your reliance on "verbs" that are keeping your people down ;)

Mais porquoi tu ici? I stopped taking French in Grade 9 after they stopped forcing it down our throats... it's certainly rusty, I doubt that's it.

I didn't take french, I didn't really take spanish either. I was exempt from

all foreign language classes. :lol:

Somewhere on this thread, the irony lurks that I have an Arabic midterm tomorrow :lol:

So what is your mother tongue BS?

Let's get on topic for a second;

Was watching the Starsky and Hutch movie the other day and thought Freddie Williamson turned in a good performance as Captain Dobey. A good little joke since Williamson was central to the whole Blaxploitation movement in the seventies movies and he was - sort of - making a joke at the expense of the kind of stereotypical characters he played then.

Which got me thinking, if Dickie O ever made a comeback, a cameo, reprising his old style characters, would probably be the best option.

Could it happen?

'Site web' is what the French call a website. It's a bit like le parking, le camping and le weekend I suppose.

Let's get on topic for a second;

Was watching the Starsky and Hutch movie the other day and thought Freddie Williamson turned in a good performance as Captain Dobey. A good little joke since Williamson was central to the whole Blaxploitation movement in the seventies movies and he was - sort of - making a joke at the expense of the kind of stereotypical characters he played then.

Which got me thinking, if Dickie O ever made a comeback, a cameo, reprising his old style characters, would probably be the best option.

Could it happen?

Funny you should say that.

I'm trying to write a script for a modern day Dad's Army, and I've been writing with people in mind.

It will be set in Territorial Army

Obviously, Ian Lavender has to make an appearance but I was thinking of casting Dicky O as the old boy in the pub who served in WWII and kept moaning at the "weekend warriors".

And I thought Robson and Jerome could join the TA, reprising their Soldier, Soldier roles, and would also be merchant bankers / city traders during the week.

Moisty

Not sure if that's a goer, apart from anything else your chances of landing Robson and Jerome this side of a mighty wedge of cash are slim.

I had an idea based on reviving a winning formula. It involves Paula Wilcox, Sally Thompsett and some male actor yet to be decided playing a bunch of fifty somethings all short of cash via divorce, bad investments etc. They find themselves sharing a flat together and indulge in tame banter and pranks, thinking themselves totally out there and assuming they're breaking all kinds of rules. Meanwhile we - the audience - can see they are living in a neighbourhood surrounded by drug taking teens shaking up twenty to a flat and spawning kids with behavior problems all of whom haven't a clue who their dads are.

What do you think?

I had an idea based on reviving a winning formula. It involves Paula Wilcox, Sally Thompsett and some male actor yet to be decided playing a bunch of fifty somethings all short of cash via divorce, bad investments etc. They find themselves sharing a flat together and indulge in tame banter and pranks, thinking themselves totally out there and assuming they're breaking all kinds of rules. Meanwhile we - the audience - can see they are living in a neighbourhood surrounded by drug taking teens shaking up twenty to a flat and spawning kids with behavior problems all of whom haven't a clue who their dads are.

What do you think?

It sounds like you want to turn the current state of the DL forums into a tv show...

All you need to do is change "sharing a flat together" to "sharing the Dicky O forum together".

That's an idea DL as a sitcom, we could have a different episode based on each thread.

That's an idea DL as a sitcom, we could have a different episode based on each thread.

This thread would need a "feature length" episode.

This thread would need a "feature length" episode.

And when the episode gets threatened with closure there will have to be several spin-off series to campaign for its return.

'Site web' is what the French call a website. It's a bit like le parking, le camping and le weekend I suppose.

Hmm. A French speaking Swiss friend of mine didn't think it was and I taught French for two years and was always under the impression that is was simply website. Ah well I never did like teaching French anyway

so we're no nearer going back on topic, then... MATH: it's on paramount 2 as i type, and it really is poor stuff. but then most sit-com is. in truth, it's dead - waits for some smartarse to make a crap joke - and a lot of what gets called comedy these days is reality - jackass, kenny vs spenny, etc. so the way to go for any of these old buggers - unless they want to join last of the summer wine (a good career option for the ageing thesp with a background in sitcom) - is to have their own reality show. Brinsworth: The Longest Days... it'd be cheap, full of 'stars', and would have more people on this list watching it than they'd care to admit

Guest Guest
A reasonable bet. He is also a manic depressive so he may give us a second bite of the cherry with an overdose or a hanging.

Do you honestly think that someone who is very fragile after a stroke would be able to hang themselves if they're confined to a wheelchair?

so we're no nearer going back on topic, then... MATH: it's on paramount 2 as i type, and it really is poor stuff. but then most sit-com is. in truth, it's dead - waits for some smartarse to make a crap joke - and a lot of what gets called comedy these days is reality - jackass, kenny vs spenny, etc. so the way to go for any of these old buggers - unless they want to join last of the summer wine (a good career option for the ageing thesp with a background in sitcom) - is to have their own reality show. Brinsworth: The Longest Days... it'd be cheap, full of 'stars', and would have more people on this list watching it than they'd care to admit

Sounds like an excellent idea, it would also be a good way for the Entertainment Artistes Benevolent Fund to raise cash to keep Brinsworth going.

When you look at some of the dreary fly on the wall documetaries there are, Brinsworth would be a regular fun fest in comparison.

Maybe someone should email Ray Donn with the sugestion, I'm sure he must know plenty of TV producers he can pitch it to.

Hmm. A French speaking Swiss friend of mine didn't think it was and I taught French for two years and was always under the impression that is was simply website. Ah well I never did like teaching French anyway

French AOL seems to think it is - perhaps the Swiss are less possessive of the French language:

Accueil | Mail | AIM | Shopping | Abonnement ADSL

Rechercher : Sites Web | Images | Audio | Vidéo | Shopping

Web français Web mondial Recherche assistée

Autres recherches : Recherche Avancée | Actualités | Rencontres | Logithèque | Pages jaunes © | Pages blanches ©

Conditions d'utilisations AOL | AOL, membre de l'AFA | AOL et le référentiel AFNOR | Protection de l'enfance | Avertir AOL | Abonnement ADSL